GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. O

Maintenance tools and material

Moving abroad and need these gone! Everything for $100. Located in Tysons Corner, VA. Tools Spark plug socket 5/8" for easy spark plug replacement DIY 4 x jack stands (Torin T42002A 2 Ton Double Locking Jack Stands) Pittsburgh Pro 239 1/2" torque wrench AmPro T20729 1/2" Drive Adjustable...
  2. O

FS: H&R 24mm Rear SwayBar - $95

FS: H&R 24mm Rear SwayBar -SOLD The catch is, you will have to deal with the stubborn nut on the endlink. I couldn't be bothered to deal with it as I was removing the sway bar so I cut it off with an angle grinder. I was planning on tackling it one day before posting it up for sale but now it's...
  3. O

Funny sub output

It seems as though my sub has two different output settings and they are triggered randomly. The difference is quite significant and sometimes I feel like I go from very little bass to huge amount of bass. (even within one song) I've checked everything and they all seem to be connected properly...
  4. O

245/40/17 on prokit/stock shocks.

Will I rub? if yes, how easy would it be to fix it? The rims are 8"wide, offset is 45. Lowered on prokit springs with stock shocks. Thanks!
  5. O

What to do what to do..

Ok, so I want Hankook V12 in 235/40/17 but they don't make them in that size. So I was looking around for 225/45/17 but everywhere I've called said they're out of stock for at least a month. So then I was looking at 245/40/17 but I think that's a bit ridiculous esp for daily driving. Plus I...
  6. O

hazard light not working

It sometimes works but it usually doesn't work. I did take it out a few times while installing D3/sub..any ideas? would it be the cable or the button that's causing the problem?
  7. O

Effects of Upsized Wheels and Tires Tested - Car and Driver

Thought I'd share. http://www.caranddriver.com/features/10q1/effects_of_upsized_wheels_and_tires_tested-tech_dept
  8. O

Rim repair shop in Albany/upstate NY?

I messed up one of my rims while trying to unmount the tire myself at the student auto shop. Does anyone know of a reputable rim repair shop near Albany? My search so far has yielded nothing. Please help. Thanks in advance,
  9. O

BSH RSB End links

If I were to get their 27mm RSB would the stock end links hold up? or would I need the BSH ones?
  10. O

BSH Pendulum mount VS tranny & side engine mount

For those of you who have both: which one is a better bang for buck?
  11. O

FS: Koni FSD

Sold.
  12. O

Visiting London!

To fellow dubbers in UK, I'll be visiting London in March for about 10 days or so. I only bought the ticket yesterday so I haven't made any plans yet. Therefore, I figured I could get some recommendation from you guys. I don't really want to do touristy-sightseeing and I'd prefer things/places...
  13. O

Noise after brake pad change

I got Hawk HP+ pads installed at the dealer recently and since then the brakes have been making a noise even when I'm not braking. The noise come and goes. It goes away when I step on the brake. Doesn't seem to make the noise when cold. (not 100% sure) I didn't have the rotors turned. Any idea?
  14. O

205 on classix

I'm looking for winter tires and was wondering if fitting 205/50/17 on classix would be fine. Thanks,
  15. O

suspension install attempt :frown:

I just installed my shocks and springs (Koni fsd+ eibach prokit) yesterday but I hear this clunking sound from both front sides. It's almost constant at low speeds. I can't notice so much on higher speeds. Driving with the window down, the sound from outside sounds like a bunch of golf clubs...
  16. O

Hawk HP+

I do a lot of highway driving in the winter time (upstate NY to Montreal - long drives without having to touch the brake) and was wondering if it would be not safe to get HP+ for street use. Some parts of the highway drop to -10F when it gets really cold. I've even noticed my OEM brakes...
  17. O

changing et35 wheel to et45

is there a way to re-machine et 35 wheels to make them et 45? if so, where can i get it done and would it degrade the strength of the wheel?