GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. wiztoogti

Transmission whine

Recently I've been having a very loud whine coming from my transmission that seems rev dependent. If I drive my car for a few minutes I start to hear it and it seems to disappear when I'm accelerating. The harder I pull the quieter it is. Any ideas on what it is? I have a video of it from under...
  2. wiztoogti

No boost while in gear?

Recently my car has been throwing problems at me left and right which I've painstakingly managed to get under control until a few days ago. I'm driving my car home from the gym and everything is normal and running fine and I stop at a stop sign and when i put the car back in gear I have no pick...
  3. wiztoogti

Oil leak at turbo?

Yesterday I noticed a lot of oil spots under my car directly under the passenger control arm. The turbo, control arm, axle, and oil lines were all caked and covered with oil. I washed the area and ran the car to see where it was coming from and have a few ideas (cold side of turbo, oil feed line...
  4. wiztoogti

coilover help

can somebody please explain to me where i can buy "fk streetline" coilovers for my 06 gti? i see people on threads that have them on their MKV and they are adjustable but when i go on ECS tuning the website only has fixed damping for the MKV. the only adjustable "streetlines" i find are for the...
  5. wiztoogti

best intake and DP combo?

Ive been under the hood of my car all weekend cleaning out the intake valves and want to put in some parts before i put her back together again. Any suggestions for a downpipe and CAI combo that wont empty my pockets completely???:iono:
  6. wiztoogti

steering wheel compatible stereos?

does anyone know good aftermarket stereos that will still use my steering wheel buttons?
  7. wiztoogti

cargo cover

does anyone know whether the cargo covers for the tiguan are interchangeable with the gti? my gti doesnt have one and i cant find any made for my car exactly.
  8. wiztoogti

valve cleaning

i plan on manually cleaning my intake valves because of a piston misfire. does anyone have a list of tools i will need to get to them? i found an old thread for a tsi engine but i have an fsi.
  9. wiztoogti

intake or downpipe?

Im slowly modding my 06 gti, its a 2.0t 6speed manual. should i purchase a cold air intake or a downpipe first? looking for more power and better sound. what are your thoughts and any particular types of both recommended? :iono: