GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. F

2009 Gti Possible ABS Pump Failure

Those are classic symptoms of a faulty ABS control module / pump. Last I remember, VW had finally listed it as a warranty safety recall. Doubt that has expired, but you should call your VW dealer and provide them with the VIN number. Many of us dealt with the problem before VW acknowledged...
  2. F

2008 GTI 2.0 FSI 147Kw BPY - Where does this hose go????

I assume part of your project is a total motor rebuild? Hard to know what you can save, considering they "drove the car to you", obviously with no coolant. Unless it was a very short distance, you're lucky it even turns over. Given their stupidity, you might ask them to give you a second...
  3. F

Apr stage 2 redline

Just guessing here - but it's probably simple "Marketing". Tuner companies want to entice you with bigger numbers than their competitors. As most know, Horsepower is just a calculated number = Torque X RPM / 5252. So by simply spinning the motor faster (but no change in Torque) - you end up...
  4. F

Odd indicator on MFD

Just look it up in your owner's manual. Might be the tire pressure monitor symbol. If so, check all 4 tire pressures, and the spare too. If they are OK, it's probably a dying sensor battery (inside one of the tires). Depending the year / model of your car, it can be difficult to determine...
  5. F

Starting issue

Sounds like a classic case of inadequate fuel pressure at start-up. Know nothing about your specific car, but my 2009 VW GTI includes a circuit which primes the fuel system (pump runs for a few seconds) when the driver's door is opened. There may also be a check valve somewhere in the fuel...
  6. F

Secondary Air Injection fault 😕

First - I have a 2009 MK5 GTI 200HP 5 speed, and have never seen your exact model. But it's possible the SAI systems are similar, and the fact yours is making noise on startup indicates it may be running properly. Assuming so, you need to carefully inspect the plastic hoses used to...
  7. F

Twisted axle boot, how is that possible?

Obviously, either the small or large clamp could turn if not properly tightened. Did you use the proper "3 point" crimping pliers specificlly designed for that type of clamp, or did you just try squeezing them with a pair of regular pliers? Those clamps are not reusable, but if you can get one...
  8. F

Mod idea, using residual engine heat to keep the cabin warm

I recall VW offered a PTC (Positive Temperature Coefficient) ceramic type auxilary heater in some models, for very cold climates. Such devices are electric powered and would offer almost instant-on heat, but require quite high current levels at 12 Vdc - likely supplied from their own heavy duty...
  9. F

Cylinder 3 Misfire – Advanced Help Needed!

Warning - long detailed post: Completed a LOT of work yesterday on my 2009 VW GTI TSI 6MT 2.0L CBFA 119K miles (stock), but can’t solve one issue – an occasional misfire at idle that eventually sets the MIL. Car starts fine, runs great, pulls strong, and does NOT burn oil. Prior to all below...
  10. F

1.8 Turbo Advice for Track Use

I realize this probably isn't the correct forum, but am betting several people have past experience that would help. I've got a MKII Scirocco track car (with modified 1.8L 8 valve, and 020 five speed). Have access to a 1.8L turbo motor with lots of miles, but otherwise runs - actually have an...
  11. F

Radio Volume - PM6 Radio Coding Error - 01044

Have a 2009 GTI (MkV, TSI, CBFA) with annoying radio volume control problem. Even using its lowest pre-set, the car powers up with volume higher than I'd like it. When manually changing the radio volume, anything over about 5 bars (clicks up from zero) is really loud. So it seems the volume...
  12. F

Exactly how does the "Bulb-Out" sensor work?

There are many threads discussing how to fool VW's bulb out sensors (by using a parallel load resistor) when switching to LED replacement lights. An active thread right now is for MK V LED Fog lights, where the kit builder includes an 8 ohm, 50 watt power resistor - which seems like a pretty...
  13. F

ABS Pump / Vagcom Programming Problem

I'm still new to the list, so this is probably a dumb question that everyone knows how to do but me .... Today I replaced the ABS Pump / Controller in my 2009 GTI (6spd). Started by scanning the entire car (almost every system had a fault of some kind), and resetting every fault that I could...
  14. F

2009 GTI ABS Pump / Controller Failure

Have searched the list and noted many references to failure of 2009 ABS Controllers & Pumps. Dealer repair is over $2000 and they appear to now only replace the entire unit (versus offering pump and controller as individual pieces) - at least that's what a local dealer told me. A new pump...