GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. CasuallyDressed

Upgrading to RCD510 - A couple of questions!

I've currently got the stock RCD300 installed with an xCarLink iPod kit, which still has the old 30 pin connector which I'm having to use a 30 pin>lightning adapter for. Bit of a pain and ugly. I want to upgrade to the RCD510. I've spied this one on eBay: http://tinyurl.com/htobjhx Now I know...
  2. CasuallyDressed

What's the average MPG for...

An 07 plate Golf GT TDi? I got 52 mpg (using my own maths, not what the car tells me) on my last tank which was nearly all motorway. The car runs great, last MOT was faultless but I am due a service about now. Just wanna make sure my efficiency is good :) Ta in advance.
  3. CasuallyDressed

MKV centre alloy caps - Clean?

So the centres of my wheels look like this: (Obviously I've removed it from the wheel) VW want £18 a pop for these, or £16 on eBay, and 3 of mine look like this. What causes it? Is there a way to clean it up? I'm hesitant to just start throwing random cleaning products at it. There's a set of...
  4. CasuallyDressed

VW Golf MKV - Replace manifold flap or fuel clean?

Alrighty, need some advice! I've got a Golf 2.0 GT TDi and the engine management light has come on. My local garage did a freebie for me and plugged it in to see the fault. I got fault code 012547 (if that means anything to most of you). The mechanic showed me that the manifold flap/controller...
  5. CasuallyDressed

Upgrading stereo!

Hi guys! Figured I'd ask a few simple questions about an upgrade I want to do! Currently my 07 Golf has the factory stereo installed with the iPod connection in the armrest. iPod connection is mostly useless to me as I have an iPhone 5 and when using the official 30 pin>lightning adapter it...