GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. DerSock

COBB Ford Focus ST Test – Review – Car and Driver

I mostly agree. I actually used to work at a Ford dealership when these first came out. As a fan of turbo hatches and was very excited when Ford started shipping the STs to us for the first time. I really wanted to like the car, I tried, but I couldnt bring myself to. Maybe I'm just picky, but...
  2. DerSock

Downpipe adjustment?

Bonus question :happyanim: The downpipe bracket seems to be pulling up on the grommets here, is this an issue?
  3. DerSock

what did you do to your mkv today?

Ha... owned the car for three years. I think I need to drive it more :biggrin:
  4. DerSock

Changed oil and swapped the pcv... though it seemed fine when I took it off. I think the rear pcv breather hose is the culprit of the oil leak by the turbo. Ordered one of those as well... Heres a shot with the pcv off:
  5. DerSock

Downpipe adjustment?

So I recently went stage 2 with a full Eurojet TBE. I used to just have the EJ r32 style CBE and had my local shop install the DP. Im having a few problems: 1) The exhaust tips seem too recessed under the rear valance. 2) Exhaust tips are not centered and forced to the left. The picture below...
  6. DerSock

$40k stock Acura Integra Type R

I certainly dont hate the frs/brz, but youre comparing apples to... vaginas.
  7. DerSock

K20 would be a better comparison, not K24. Do you have something to prove to everyone on this thread? You bought a frs and you need to let the world know how amazing it is? You're really just spitting out arbitrary facts to bolster your ridiculous opinion. Not my fault you keep pushing the term...
  8. DerSock

Its simple, the SI has a very similar engine and is FWD. Probably the most important things to consider in this comparison. Edit: the frs is the "modern day" Toyota GT86, as Im sure you are aware if its namesake.
  9. DerSock

Idk why you keep saying the brz/frs is the modern ITR... its really not. Because they both have LSD's and similar lap times? The SI has a lot more in common with the ITR than your frs.
  10. DerSock

R8 coils/NGK plugs and turbo pipes!
  11. DerSock

Ermagerd so much nerd rage! Thanks for an entertaining read :lol:
  12. DerSock

Humming noise when letting off throttle

Hopefully someone here can diagnose the weird noise I'm hearing, I'll try to describe it best as possible: After accelerating and taking my foot off the throttle I hear a humming noise. The noise is always delayed for a second after throttle release and lasts for about 1-2 seconds total. It...
  13. DerSock

WTB: Forge Twintercooler

Looking to buy a twintercooler. I am willing to travel a few hours outside of the DC area maybe further if its a good deal. It needs to be compatible the the stock intercooler (not s3) and in good condition. I have a MKV TSI... not sure if that makes any difference... PM with offers, thanks.
  14. DerSock

Uneven suspension

I've had the Koni yellow/H&R super sport setup on my GTI for about 6 months and the rear sits about .25-.5 inches lower than the front (when the spare tire is out). This has started to bother me now more than ever since I have a set of 8.5 width wheels coming in. I've done some research on the...
  15. DerSock

FS: OEM GTI parts and other random stuff

FS: OEM GTI valance, exhaust, front lip, mounting brackets The EJ exhaust ends and bumper mounting brackets can be shipped to the lower 48. The other items I can meet halfway if the drive isnt too far - I am located in the DC area. Make an offer!! GTI front lip $50 (20k miles): GTI rear...
  16. DerSock

After 3 months of waiting (company sent me the wrong rear valance) I finally finished my r32 conversion. Im happy with how it turned out:
  17. DerSock

Rear sway bar going in today:
  18. DerSock

FS: Eurojet exhaust tips

Sold.