GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. G

Weird Boost Issues, Bad MPG

So I have an F23T and all supporting MODs. I made another thread about it not passing readiness on cold startup with the current tune it had, which wouldn't allow me to pass emissions. They removed the S3 injectors, replaced a sensor, and were able to get an APR K04 tune to work with it and it...
  2. G

My F23T build having issues

My F23T build having issues UPDATED(1/27/2018) I'll just with all my supporting mods I have and then I get to the nitty gritty. APR turbo back exhaust, APR FMIC, APR RFD, forge twintake, unitronic DV relocation kit, APR HPFP, S3 injectors, DV+, RS4 prv, Frankturbo f23t, and golf R map sensor...
  3. G

Throwing a lot of Codes

I'll start from the beginning. Last 8 months or so I had been getting a check engine light for my bank 1 sensor 2 o2 sensor. It would go off and on. Now I need to pass emissions. I had a spacer on and used the non test pipe file from apr to pass last time. The current o2 spacer was all corroded...
  4. G

42 DD 02 sensor problem

I bought the 42 Draft Design 02 sensor to help me pass emissions 2 years ago. The last 3-4 months I've been getting an on and off check engine light for the the 02 sensor that its on. So I finally got underneath the car. The thing was absolutely corroded to shit. Even on the website they spew...
  5. G

Fake Engine Noise????

I friend of mine posted this article on facebook from the Washington Post. I'd like to get your over all thoughts on this. "Volkswagen uses what’s called a “Soundaktor,” a special speaker that looks like a hockey puck and plays sound files in cars such as the GTI and Beetle Turbo."...
  6. G

Where to get coilovers installed???

Anyone know of a good local shop that can do this for a good price??? I've seen on average $150 without an alignment and I've also seen around $300 with and alignment. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  7. G

Wheel Repair Shop

Got 2 OEM huffs that need to be fixed up. Has some curb rash and they may or may not be bent. Not looking to send them out either. Anyone know of a good wheel repair shop in the area??? Most people tell my I should look to spend between 50 to 100 bucks. They are still in pretty decent shape. Thanks.
  8. G

Valve Cleaning

Anybody know of any places that will do a valve cleaning for decent price??? Asking for a friend. Not.
  9. G

WTB: Front left OEM headlight

As the titles states I am looking for front left OEM headlight. I hit a snow bank and the tabs broke on it. If I can find a head light at a decent price I will go that route. If not, then I'll just buy tabs for it. Thanks. PS- Willing to pay for shipping
  10. G

Anyone know a good body shop

Well some dumb neighbor of mine backed in to my car. How? I have no idea. Busted mirror and a dented door. Anyone know of any good body shops??? I trust no one with my baby other than people who know what the hell they are doing. Thanks.
  11. G

Looking for cheap Bronze/gold Wheels

I've done a lot of searching and the only two companies that I can find that sell a decent looking wheel in that color are TSW and VMR. Are there any other companies that you know of that sell that color or any good websites to check out??? Ive been to discounttiredirect, tirerack, and ecs. I...
  12. G

WTB 4 Detroit wheels

Im looking to buy a set of Detroit wheels for my 07 GTI. Willing to meet up chicago area or Im willing to pay for shipping.
  13. G

Quick Huff vs. Detroit Wheel Question

So my two front Rims are bent and also need new tires. I currently have Huffs on my 07 GTI. So Im gunna need some new Rims anyways and I really like the way the Detroits look. Will these fit on my 07 GTI??? Thanks.
  14. G

Possible boost leak???

So I recently just installed the AWE vented boost gauge and have been driving around with it for a day now. I've been looking around online asking what PSI I should be getting with an APR stage 2 + tune and most people have been saying around 21-22 and a hold of about 16-17. I'm only getting...
  15. G

AWE Boost Gauge, is it right???

Installed this today and I'm APR stage 2 +. Now I know that a gauge isn't the best thing to show what boost you are getting, but realistically what should I be getting. I've seen some people say 18 and then rounds off to 15 which is about what mine is doing. I also seen some people say it should...
  16. G

Looking to install APR FMIC by myself

For the most part I like doing things myself just cause it gives me a better understanding of how things work on my car. Anyways, I was given this DIY http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50973 in my other thread, but I saw that ECS is selling the Bentley Publishers Service Manual...
  17. G

Where should I go from here???

I'm sure you guys get this question all the time, but just curious to what people might say. Right now I am APR stage 2+. I've got Rev D DV, APR TBE, Twintake intake, and APR HPFP. Now my ultimate goal is to go APR K04 with in the next 3-6 months. So I know I need S3 injectors eventually. Is...
  18. G

Installing APR HPFP - Quick Question

So I've decided I'm just going to install it myself and save me some money. I've read up on how to remove the existing fuel pump. I keep coming across the M8 triple square or banjo bolt. The thing is I am not seeing this banjo bolt on my fuel pump. All I see is a fuel line of some sort where...
  19. G

Forge Twintake Question???

So I hooked up my Twintake a few days ago, but I came across a few different threads talking about which way to put the carbon canisters US vs Euro way and now I believe I may have put them on the wrong way. Which way is it supposed to be run??? Thanks.
  20. G

Got a new DV, but still hearing the same noise.

I've been hearing a strange whistle sound for I dont know how long. I can hear it more pronounced in the lower gears, but gets drowned out by engine noise in the higher gears. Thought maybe it was a leak in the DV. So I went bought a Rev. D. Still there this same noise. I literally just checked...