GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. T

Switch speed "all down" function issues.

I air up and it airs out. It'll air up for two seconds then air out. The controller shows it going through two functions, it'll switch from the all down then to the number 3. This repeats forever. The VU4 is clicking every time the light returns to "all down" I tried disconnecting the...
  2. T

Well, TIFU

Upgraded my HPFP w/ Autotech internals, and curious how much more wear it is compared to Stage 2. After changing my oil I went to work removing the fuel pump. Follower looked great, just had a tiny circle inside of it. Now here is were I fvcked up. Thinking my TQ wrench was set at 7.5 Nm I just...
  3. T

HPFP fuel line q.

How difficult is it to replace this line? I crossed threaded the nut while changing the cam follower like an idiot, luckly enough was able to get it on the pump. I went ahead and bought a new OEM pump and installed autotech's internal upgrade. It looks like a tight fit getting into the intake...
  4. T

Autotech HPFP install Q.

I decided to give it a try, bought a new oem fuel pump and followed the DIY. Is this gap from the two small spring retainer keeper ok? Didn't have a torque wrench either, I read on the Mazda forums to torque it at 40 ft/lbs. oh gawd should've went w/ apr, the sale is even going on, sigh.
  5. T

E55 AMG w/ lawn mower walks 350Z

From a forum I frequent. Not sure if it'll embed but it's worth the time :smile: backstory: He (350z owner) said he walked a new c63 and said he could take me. I didn't hear a lot of it since I don't go to meets, but I was told by a few people so I had them set it up. The idiot gets out of his...
  6. T

S/C Saturn Ion

The mfd display showed 56° while the sun was slowly setting behind the Blackhills of SD. I passed a Sonic's with a few suubahwoo's, FT 86's, and Honda ruckus'. I decided not to pull in, having laundry to do, I pressed forward enjoying my drive through downtown. Beside the gti I hear a subtle...
  7. T

Question if tires will work w/ LM reps

Quick Q for everyone. :puts on flame suit: I ordered some bridgestone potenza s-04 pole position tires for my Denvers. But now I want to buy BBS LM replicas and I'm not sure if they'll work. I read a bit on wheel offset but still kind of lost. Tires ordered are 225/45R17, these reps are 17x8...
  8. T

Oil light notification; potential damage?

So I'm away for school and my sister is using my car. Yesterday she had my cousin help change the oil and he didn't remove the old gasket around the filter housing... he placed the new one on top of the old gasket. So today I get a call from my sister saying the oil light appeared when she...
  9. T

is it just me?

Those of you lucky enough to live in cold snowy states, do you have issues standing up your wiper blades? It seems like I'll break them trying to prop them up one occasion and later they glide up like nothing. I .:R has confuse.
  10. T

Quick cam follower Q.

When I pulled it out I didn't notice the gap in the outer ring so I wasn't sure how it sat. In the DIY tutorials no one mentions it, so I just placed it in. Does it matter how the CF sits? Here's a picture of what to what I'm referring to: Uploaded with ImageShack.us