GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Ironhorz

Couple of New Pictures

What's up... I've been here on Guam for about 2 1/2 months now and I'm really enjoying it. I've been meaning to take a few shots every time I drive out the front gate but I always forget the camera. I had to make an afternoon run to pick up some tanks for a dive and remembered to take the camera...
  2. Ironhorz

Got some pictures taken!

I put my car up forsale just to see if I'd get any bites because I'm in the USAF and headed to Guam for 4 years. Well, I got a call from a local guy who wanted to know if I'd be interested in hooking up to get some photos taken for his website so I agreed and here are a few... This is just what...
  3. Ironhorz

Need part number and price for axle

I borrowed this picture from a guy at VWVortex because it's a perfect shot of what I'm looking for. I need a price and part number for the passenger side half shaft that's shown above. Also, is there anything else that's required for the install like a CV joint?? Later :thumbsup:
  4. Ironhorz

Lowered it a bit more and now it clunks??

What's up guys. I'm looking for a little bit of insight here. I've already had a few suggestions but I wanted to start a thread to see if I could get some more ideas/suggestions. I recently lowered my GTI on FK Silverline Plus X coilovers. I had an alignment done yesterday and wasn't quite...
  5. Ironhorz

The Evolution of my GTI

I got this idea from someone else on VWVortex.com and I wanted to start my own thread showing the evolution of my GTI in one place rather than multiple threads spead out over the forum. As the parts for my car arrive I'll do my best to provide as much detail regarding the part, where I got it...
  6. Ironhorz

How do I clear the Servie Now message?

I just had my GTI serviced a few days ago and I've still got that message popping up in my MFD. Is there a way I can clear it or will I have to go back to the dealership to have it done? Thanks...
  7. Ironhorz

I got my new wheels and tires today!

WOOOOOOOO WEEEEEEEEEEEE, I'm all happy! My coilovers will be in Tuesday and I'll get them put in next weekend and then I'll post up some more pics. This Plus this gives you this Here are the others: Thanks for takin a look! :thumbsup:
  8. Ironhorz

Looking for torque settings for suspension

I've got a set of FK's on the way and wanted to get the torque specs for everything during the install. Can any of you point me in the right direction for this info? Thanks...:thumbsup:
  9. Ironhorz

Anyone have any experience with any of these tires?

I posted over at VWVortex.com to get some info from them so I wanted to post here to get your guys' input also. I've narrowed my choice down to four tires at Tirerack.com and wanted to know if any of you had any experience with any of them. I'm kind of leaning towards the Kumho right now...
  10. Ironhorz

Purchase Tires Online or Locally?

I posted over at VWVortex also and just wanted your guys' opinions too. Is there any disadvantage to buying your tires online versus locally? I've never bought my tires through the internet and am kind of leery... I would like to hear from those of you that have bought through companies like...
  11. Ironhorz

Which one will give me a larger drop?

I'm ready to buy my wheels and suspension but I'm not sure what I want to go with. I was going to go with coilovers but after really thinking about it I don't think I want/need to spend $1000 on my suspension so I think I'll end up going with either springs or some sort of cup kit setup. My...
  12. Ironhorz

Not sure where to buy FK Coilovers at...

I've narrowed my choice of coilovers down to either the FK Highsport or FK Silverline but I'm not sure where to buy them at. I'm looking for some advice on where I can get the best price and customer service. If any of you have purchased these coilovers please let me know where you would suggest...
  13. Ironhorz

Need help with Anthracite RS6 Replicas

I found 19" RS6 replicas in anthracite through Discount Tire but they don't offer the offset I'm looking for on the website. They only show the wheel, 19x8 +30 offset http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findWheelDetail.do?wd=19&pc=53819&rw=8&bp=5-112, and I'm looking for a 45-50. I sent an...
  14. Ironhorz

What do you think of this wheel combo

I've got a question for you guys. I really REALLY like the look of this GTI and I found out that it's running 19x9's with a +35mm offset and 215/35/19's. I did a bit of number crunching using the wheel calculator on the site and a conversion chart to figure out a 19x9 with +35mm offset...
  15. Ironhorz

To many chips/software to choose from.

:help: Ever since I got my GTI I've been lurking all over these boards but I can't seem to figure out which chip/software I'd like to go with. I've seen all kinds of post about GIAC, APR, REVO, Etc... but have no clue as to which one would be the best for me to go with. Does this come down to a...