GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. B

Stolen!

Traded in my car to Chaplin's Subaru on Monday. It was stolen off the lot yesterday. If you happen to see this car around, call the police. I hate to think of my baby that treated me so well being chopped up for parts :-(
  2. B

FS: Vagcom Micro-CAN -$200 Bentley Manual - $50

All sold, please delete
  3. B

Boost leak?

Hey everyone. Just installed a NS boost gauge. reads 0 when off and 20HG when on at idle, so I dont believe there to be a leak with the gauge. Let my car warm up, took for test drive with new boost gauge installed. Im peaking at about 13psi, and then it drops off and holds steady...
  4. B

Draining the catch can....

After the car is warmed up? With the engine still on? With the engine off and cold? What is the most efficient way to empty it? I just did an engine off, cold engine drain of it, and it took over an hour, and still wasnt empty.... Thoughts?
  5. B

Very poor gas milage...

As or the past year, I have been getting extremely poor gas mileage, and i'm not sure why. You can see my mods in my sig, and i have checked for codes with the vag-com, and got nothing. I get right now, about 20-21 miles per gallon. I am extremely lucky as of late to get 300 miles to a tank...
  6. B

Beer Release Party!

Ladies and Gents, Tonight marks the first official release of a new beer from a new brewery. Flying Bike Cooperative Brewery is releasing their Fly-PA tonight at Pillagers Pub in Greenwood! The release party starts at 7:00PM, and growler fills will be available. Flying Bike (some of you may...
  7. B

VAG-COM Assistance. Logs included

*Mods please move to Engine* VAG-COM Assistance. Logs included Car: 2006 MKV GTI 2.0fsi, mods are in my signature below. Attached is a log I recorded on my way home from work yesterday. I need a little help interpetting the results. After graphing the boost, it appears as tho I have a...
  8. B

Finally bought a VAG-Com

Im in love. This thing is fantastic, and the one thing that I have been truely missing on my car (except for a tune) I wanted to get my DV, PCV and intake all done before getting a tune...lately however, I have felt like there may be a boost leak. I bought the VAG-Com with teh future in mind...
  9. B

VAG-COM - Why so expensive?

Soooo...Its $249 here minimum, but the cable can be had for $14 and the software can be had for $99...So why is is it so expensive as a set?
  10. B

Installed Forge DV incorrectly....

Okay, so everyone get their flame hats on please. I installed my Forge DV incorrectly. At this time, I know what I did...I do need a little help to solve the issue however. This is not my picture, but of a picture I found online of someone else installing the forge dv. So the green circle is...
  11. B

Review: University VW Service

First of all, Joe at University has been fantastic through this whole process. They had my car for almost 6 weeks waiting for a fuel pump. They finally got it on Tuesday, and I have had my car back since that afternoon. Upon pickup, I was happy to hear that everything was done and the car was...
  12. B

DV Maintenance?

I have a Forge DV on my MKV. I have tried emailing forge directly, and have tried contacting Mike@Forge on here as well. I keep hearing people talk about maintenance that needs to be done to the Forge DV, but I cant find any specific info anywhere about what type of maintenance or how to...
  13. B

No fuel pumps in the entire country?

Long story short, I checked my cam follower, it was shot. Had the car towed to the dealer on a Saturday. Check it in on Monday, they assure me they will get right on it. Find out the fuel pump, cam, cf, seals, and other parts have gone bad because of the CF being shot through. All of it will...
  14. B

Cam Follower Question - Was I lied to?

I sent an email to a local VW shop, about how much they would charge me to change my CF. I sent this: "I recently purchased a new cam follower to replace the ones that commonly go bad on this engines. I am curious what you would charge to change the cam follower. Its one of those scenarios...