GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Stasis

Vs. S2000

I haven't posted in here in a looooong time, simply because they changed ticket laws around here and if you get caught speeding it's quite awful. That, and I'm always with my gf in the car pretty much so while she doesn't really mind that I gun it a bit and have fun, *I* don't wanna take that...
  2. Stasis

So last night (1/4 goodness)...

I watched an 07 Fahrenheit (LC) run a 13.68. Mod list? Giac stage 1. No intake, no exhaust mod of any kind, nothing else. Friends GTI w/ Revo stage 2 (w/ occasional fuel cut pleasures), Eurojet TBE, and P-Flow ran a 14.1 best before he felt his clutch slip and decided to give her a break. Not a...
  3. Stasis

SoCal

How's the SoCal dub scene? Are there any regular meets/cruises in the LA area? Any websites I should check out? I'm moving to LA in January, and though I'm not 100% sure yet whether or not I'm keeping the dub (have to ship it there for $1000) or getting something else, I figured I'd ask...
  4. Stasis

I didn't race.

Seriously. This thread is different, because we need a refresher around here, and because it's true, and I'm damn proud of myself. I didn't race a car tonight. I'm not saying I didn't race anything tonight, and I'm happy with that. I'm saying there's one car in particular that I actually let...
  5. Stasis

Lease cancellation question for salesmen...

I have an 06 GTI I've been leasing since June 2006 from NYC. I am more than likely moving to LA around January, and want to know what all is involved and required for a lease cancellation. I can either ship the car there for around $1000 from what I can tell, or cancel this out and buy something...
  6. Stasis

Silver/Black Radio Buttons...

The silver radio buttons... are all GTIs, Canada, US, and Euro etc. like that now? My friend's Canada spec GTI has the silver buttons, and my US spec GTI has the black ones. I got mine before his, so it wasn't a generalized NA spec change. Just curious, because my radio's been acting up. If...
  7. Stasis

Huge GTI Wall Banner

My friend works at a local VW dealership and she was nice enough to nab one of these for me: It's HUGE. 12 of these squares when all put together. It's waaaaay too big to put in my room, I need a garage lol. There are a couple of cool laminated posters she says she can get me too.
  8. Stasis

03 Mustang GT & 93 300ZX TT - Both Modded

Cruising slow style on a 3 lane highway, look in my rear view and see two cars further back that seem to be going at it, and coming up on me pretty quick. They're coming at me one to either side, so I downshift, get to my 4k range and get ready figuring I might go with them. They blow past me...
  9. Stasis

Golf MkIII (Paging Vod...)

Vod never posts stories of cars we run into, but this was all his. I stayed back and kinda tried to follow... Golf CL Mk3 with 1.8T swap, and GT28RS + everything else. Fun times! Post the story douchebag. ps: Also ran into a guy I know with a newly completed Mk1 Jetta Coupe, Audi 225 swap...
  10. Stasis

Looking for a good garage in PA...

Looking to have H&R Springs and spacers installed, along with an alignment in PA, somewhere near Bucks County. Anyone know a good place? Gonna purchase these from Awe, but they're booked solid into mid-June for installs. Thanks...
  11. Stasis

18x7.5 on 215 Falkens?

Looking into possibly getting a set of the newer R32 (Euro Spec) replicas. They're 7.5 and I definitely want stretch... my question, for any knowledgeable tire people out there, is the following: Will 215/40/18 Falken Ziex's be too stretched on a 7.5 wheel? I love the way the Ziex's (and any...
  12. Stasis

ECU Upgrades & The 2 Different Fuel Pumps.

I've seen this mentioned briefly in other threads, but haven't found any serious discussion dedicated to it. If I missed anything, feel free to delete this topic. According to Awe's website, when looking under the GIAC product tab for the 2.0T, you can see there are two different fuel pumps on...
  13. Stasis

Analyze This Dyno

Dyno is of the vwpartsmtl CAI on an otherwise stock Rabbit... am I the only one who finds it weird? Discuss.
  14. Stasis

MPG & Logic Reset?

Is there a way to reset the average MPG manually? I could have sworn I read something about this, but can no longer find it... My shit always shows like 19.xx now, even when cruising smoothly for 30-60 minutes. Either something's wrong with my car, or it's just calculating my all-time average...
  15. Stasis

Closest race yet.

Cruising around with Vod looking for fights, we see a modded Integra bust a U in front of us as we're waiting at the light... he seems to be waiting for us, so we take off WOT off the line to catch up, and he guns it as we get near. We manage to get in a few quick runs and realize he's faster...
  16. Stasis

2000ish Firebird

I really don't know much about these cars... I looked stuff up online, and from what I can tell it was the 3.8 V6 200hp, 225tq version. It sounded mean, but not V8 mean... had 4 pipes out the rear. It seems it weighs about 200 lbs more than us, but is rear wheel drive, with some extra torque on...
  17. Stasis

Vs. 1997-2001 prelude SH (5th gen?)

I was cruising with Vod last night when I pulled up alongside the Lude, going about 110 km/h or so. I pulled up alongside him, looked over and he nodded. Vod was following with his vid cam mounted on the dash, but realized we were going at it too late to really capture it. He did have the camera...
  18. Stasis

Vs. Protege Mazdaspeed, nicely modded.

Ok, so last week myself, Vod (from the forums) and a buddy with a nicely modded Mazdaspeed Protege decided to test ourselves. Mod Lists: Me: Intake Vod: Intake, Revo Stage 1 Protege: Mazdaspeed Swap, FMIC, Intake, Pulleys, LSD, 2.5" TBE, Boost Controller. Base specs on that car are 170hp and...
  19. Stasis

2.5 owners... a few questions!

1) Anyone have a Rabbit on 17" RS4 reps? I only seem to find 18's... buddy of mine is picking up a Rabbit shortly and the dealer is offering them as an option. It'd be nice to find pics of the setup for him. 2) What are good sites for parts for the Rabbit? I checked my GTI ones, but I can't...
  20. Stasis

Altime SE-R

Ran into this guy on the Boulevard near my house in rush hour, didn't think much of it really... he was in his late 40's from what I could tell and yapping on a cell phone. Light goes green, and he takes off like a freak. I get behind him as his lane is moving a lot faster than mine, and notice...