GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. D

Just Installed my Euro Plate

Very Simple to do. Just Follow these <Click Here> instructions for removing the upper grill. Then on the inside of the upper grill there are premarked drill holes for europlate holder. Drill Reattach upper grill Screw on plate holder attach plate and well yeup you're done 15 min later...
  2. D

Some Shots Downtown w/ Freshly Installed Euro Plate

What a thing of beauty
  3. D

What should I do at 20k?

Okay so my GTI has 20,000 miles on it and I have been doing synthetic oil changes and oil filter replacements every 5,000 miles or sooner. I was looking at the 20,000 mile maintenance and what all it says to do. I was wondering what all is nececcary to do if any? Will I be okay with just oil...
  4. D

Garret Chip?

Have any of you herd of a garret chip for the MkV GTI? Some site I was on was talking about it and the numbers were quite impressive. The chip is just a reflash for the car. It IS NOT a special chip just tailored for a GT28R or GT30R conversion. Anyways I did a Google and came up with...
  5. D

WHY???

WHY CANT YOU JUST CHANGE THE OIL ON THESE CARS!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: A) You HAVE TO remove the plastic cover under the engine to get to the filter. B) You HAVE TO use a special oil filter drain tool to drain the oil out of the filter before you remove it. C) The special tool COST...
  6. D

NEW GAME - This should become the funniest thead on here

Ok so here is the game, you'll be given a place/situation where you and a girl(or a guy if you are a girl) are at. You must come up with the best pick up line to use. There is a catch though. I will give two words that have to be used and the pick up line can only be one scentance. You have...
  7. D

First Wax

How long should you wait untill your first wax? I heard it is not good to wax new paint right away. I've had the car for a little over a month and have 1800 miles on it. (700 came from a road trip, 350 miles one way) I think the dealership had the car for one or two months before i bought...
  8. D

Cleaning the gauge cover

So my gauge cover has streaks on in it and also has a couple bright specks as well. I think the dealership F'd it up when I bought the car and they detailed it.:mad: It kinda looks like they sprayed something on there to clean it that they should have.:mad: I tried using a clean dry...
  9. D

Curb Weight?

A VW noob here. My MkV GTI is my first VW. Anyways I wanted to know what the correct curb weight for the MkV GTI 2 door (3 if you count the hatch). I've been to different websites to research this and got a variance in answers. LOL the curb weight listed on the official VW USA site is wrong...