GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. nkresho

That would probably work ok. I guess hook them up and check impedance if you have either too...

That would probably work ok. I guess hook them up and check impedance if you have either too low sound (8 ohms) or tripping protection on the amp (2 ohms). Most component sets i've seen include a pair of 4 ohm drivers (mid and tweeter) and the crossover brings them up to 4 together.
  2. nkresho

Part Out

Finally getting ready to trade the MK5 in. The following are for sale: Location: Pittsburgh Payments: Paypal or cash (if picked up) FOR SALE FOR SALE FOR SALE ebay 3" downpipe, has some surface rust, but functional, with upgraded Vband clamp $50 picked up...
  3. nkresho

FS: FSI head

FS: FSI head SOLD ITEM HAS BEEN SOLD I put this head on ebay too, but willing to ship to a forum member for a little less money. All valves and head are damage free. All valves were removed and cleaned thoroughly, then lapped and reinstalled. Ports were cleaned pretty well, but not...
  4. nkresho

My fuel filter at 41,000 miles

So, in the spirit of general maintenance after replacing my engine, I decided to put a new fuel filter in. I wanted to see how the old one looked, so I cut it at the weld, with a hacksaw. New one is 6.6bar and the old one was 6.4. :iono: The absolute best tool to get the clamps off is one of...
  5. nkresho

Soooo. I threw a rod on the way to work...

Just what I needed on a day with a 9am meeting. Driving in rush-hour traffic. At like, 6:30. Highway speed in the bumper-to-bumper funfest that is rush hour... At about 60mph I'm cruising in 5th or 6th (can't remember), and all of a sudden I get a thump, like the ebrake is on. I press the...
  6. nkresho

DIY replace third brake light MK5 GTI

So, like many others, I had my third brake light go out on me. I actually had no idea until I was trying to get inspected and I failed because of this. I did a little searching around and I found a UK site with some instructions. This is my detailed expansion of what I found. So, number 1...
  7. nkresho

K04 boost tapering to redline with APR file

Initially, I thought the cold weather was bringing my boost spike back. I loosened my WGA a turn to see if it might lessen the spike. Drove around yesterday and got on the highway a little. So the 1 more turn I did on mine hasn't helped my issue. I was spiking to about 25, and I suspected it...
  8. nkresho

FS: 18" OEM R32 Omanyts with TPMS and Tires - Pittsburgh - Pickup Only

SOLD: 18" OEM R32 Omanyts with TPMS and Tires - Pittsburgh - Pickup Only SOLD SOLD I am selling my OEM Omanyt wheels. These were factory 2008 R32 wheels. Price is $700 Local Pickup in Pittsburgh only. No shipping. They're in decent condition but do have a few scratches from the previous...
  9. nkresho

Leaky methanol fittings, I may have found a solution...

So my wmi fittings always seem to have a bead of liquid dripping, every time I am under my car. The fittings don't pull apart unless you press on the release ring. I have no way of knowing, but I wouldn't be surprised if they leak under pressure when in use. I've tried cutting a little bit of...
  10. nkresho

Please share your mounting solutions for your Devil's Own meth controllers

Ok' so I'm not really all that content with the mounting of my dvc30 controller being loosely mounted. What do you guys have to offer as far as recommendations. Here are my criteria: Has to be visible so I know it is working if I want to see No permanent modification to any dash parts I cannot...
  11. nkresho

For Sale: Autotech / Magnaflow Catback Exhaust - Pittsburgh, PA

For Sale: Autotech / Magnaflow Catback Exhaust - SOLD Item location: Pittsburgh, PA SOLD, sorry guys! Description:Used, cleaned up, Autotech / Magnaflow catback : $300 picked up SOLD to Dutchy Thanks! . One scuff where the previous owner scraped something and dinged the bottom (see pics)...
  12. nkresho

Exhaust opinions needed. To cat or not to cat...

So I recently picked up an Autotech exhaust to complement my ebay catless downpipe. I've been running the stock catback with the downpipe for a couple years now, and I’ve grown very used to the sound of it. I decided to go with the catback since I recently upgraded to a k04 and I was looking...
  13. nkresho

FS: Forge Diverter Valve Kit with Boost Tap

SOLD: Forge Diverter Valve Kit with Boost Tap Item location: Pittsburgh, PA SOLD!!!:Gently used Forge Diverter Valve : $110 shipped USPS Priority Mail SOLD!!! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to pm me. Payments: I accept paypal. I require you to have a verified address with...
  14. nkresho

K04 cold weather boost spike (APR K04 software)

Okay, second chapter of my k04 issue book. First chapter is here: http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175997 Here's my specs: 2007 gti. APR K04 93 octane tune brand new s3 injectors s3 K04 turbo s3 dv relocate with D valve NGK 1 step colder plugs PFR7B catless ebay dp & stock...
  15. nkresho

Diverter valve help with half installed K04

I searched a good deal and wasn't able to come up with anything conclusive. I installed my K04 yesterday. I switched my APR map to the "stock" setting. I didn't install the injectors yet, as I wanted to make sure everything is running okay as it sits. I've been running a forge recirculating...
  16. nkresho

Anybody else been waiting for a BSH intake since January?

First of all take this thread for what it's worth. I am not attempting to incite any action from the vender or manufacturer here. Just venting a bit of my frustration. So I placed my order for a BSH tru seal on the evening of january 1, 2012... K04 version because I have a factory DV...
  17. nkresho

FS: Ross Tech Micro Can

Item location: Pittsburgh, PA Details:SOLD Barely used Ross Tech Micro Can cable : $185 shipped SOLD If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to pm me. Payments: I accept paypal. I require you to have a verified address with them. I will not ship to non-verified Paypal addresses...
  18. nkresho

Cam follower check with APR HPFP @ ~2500 miles

I installed a new follower with the new APR pump at 45,500 miles. Running the rev B cam as well. Took it out and checked today at 48,050 miles. Wear looks pretty decent. Barely through the DLC. Wear looks even too, nice little circle on the follower face. Lobe was smooth and unremarkable...
  19. nkresho

DIY S3 Diverter valve relocation install - FSI

Threw together a how to for anyone looking to do a OEM diverter valve relocation. I am doing mine in preparation for a K04 install this upcoming spring. I am using a forge DV, but everything would be done the same for a stock DV. In order for this to work with my current, K03 setup, I...
  20. nkresho

Cam follower pics

I changed my second cam follower today. 2007 FSI GTI Bought at 31,442 miles ceritified pre-loved. APR Stage 2 flashed at 33,100 miles (straight from stock to stage 2). First follower changed at 37,000 miles. Second cam follower changed today at 45,500 miles (roughly 8,500...