GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. J

Stock Air Box

Is anyone interested in selling his/her stock airbox for an mkv gti? I want to go back to the carbonio intake from the k&n, but I cracked my stock airbox pretty badly. I'd also be interested in just trading the k&n typhoon if anyone is interested, but it is my daily driver so it'd be...
  2. J

MKV Thermostat Replacement

I bought the replacement thermostat from my local VW dealer (it's the entire plastic housing, not just the thermostat), but I can't seem to find its location. I can't find any DIYs on the web for the 2006.5 GTI, only the MKIVs and other non 2.0Ts. Can anyone give any advice as to where the...
  3. J

APR ECU Upgrade Issue

Hopefully this is the right sub-forum... I bought my 2006.5 GTI a few months back and it had the APR ECU upgrade pre-installed. Mode 1 was stock, Mode 2 was 91 octane , mode 3 was 93 octane, mode 4 was 100 octane I think. I normally ran the car in mode 2 and always pumped at least 91 octane...
  4. J

Bass Knob Does Nothing

I bought my 2006.5 GTI a couple of months ago and I noticed that turning the bass knob to either extreme makes no difference. If I adjust the middle, treble, or other knobs, there is an obvious difference. However, nothing changes with the bass, and it's seems to be set pretty low (with the...