GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. R

P000A, fsi, clicking noise in time with engine speed, is it what I think it is?

All signs point to cam follower. I'd rather not check for myself since that could be tampering. I'm at 93k, I know it's covered under extended warranty, and I'm basically stock. Do I just walk into the dealership and say I think it's the follower? How long did it take others to get their car...
  2. R

Seat Refurbishment

I'm not a big guy or anything but the drivers seat has seen better days. I noticed what looked like a ton of bread crumbs in the rear passenger footwell and found that the foam stuffing on the left hand cushion had ripped so the support wire doesnt have anything covering it. Short of getting a...
  3. R

Smelly AC. It's not the cabin filter

I have the smelly AC issue but unlike most of these threads, my cabin filter is brand new. I've attempted spraying the intake duct with Lysol while the fan is on full blast and while this works temporarily, the smell comes right back the next day. I know this is a mold/mildew problem but...
  4. R

DSG Measure-refill method

My kit was delivered today and I'm probably going to tackle this over Thanksgiving weekend. I've been looking at DIY videos and threads for DSG fluid and it seems to be easy as long as you have all the right tools, which I do have. The measure-refill method seems to have given many people...
  5. R

Running rich? Carbon buildup?

Lately, I've noticed a smell coming from the exhaust that makes it smell like I'm running catless when I have the OEM downpipe. In addition to that, my exhaust is covered in black soot even after cleaning it just over 100 miles ago. Looking around, this sounds like it could be running too rich...
  6. R

New Project: Oil Filter Drain Tool

Basically, I wanted to try and make this tool with CAD and use the printer at my school to make it. I dont have the exact dimensions of the filter housing nipple, threads, etc yet so this is just a rough draft. The specs of the plastic the printer uses say the part should remain rigid up to...
  7. R

Plume of smoke from exhaust. PCV + ???

I guess I'm showing symptoms of a bad PCV valve. I pulled the PCV hose off the intake and was met with only slight resistance when I blew into it with the oil cap off. However, the car idles rough when the oil cap is off as well which is a symptom of a good PCV valve. I have an appointment on...
  8. R

FS: Neuspeed P-flo for FSI

Sold Sold
  9. R

Oil Filler Neck UN-delete

Returning my fsi back to stock and wondering if it's possible to install a new oil extension tube having already deleted mine. If not, it's not that big of a deal, just would be nice not having a crater where the airbox should have the oil cap. Searching around has led me to believe that once...
  10. R

Thump then misfires

Driving along, I had a sudden thump after acceleration. The thump felt almost like I hit a pothole (it wasn't an actual pothole I hit). Parked to do some grocery shopping and when I got back in the car, everything ran fine but as soon as I accelerated out of the parking lot, I had bad misfires...
  11. R

Dipped Headlight horizon

Small fenderbender this weekend unfortunately. I had my car backed into by my inlaw (on accident) and while there are slight scrapes, the big thing that I noticed tonight was that the headlight lowbeam horizons no longer match. The headlight in question is dipped down about 10 degrees lower...
  12. R

Small collision in the driveway. Body advice needed

Hey everyone, Small accident occurred in my in-law's driveway with my parked car. As you can see in the pictures, its not bad and there isn't really any big damage. The right quarter panel is slightly bent but nothing that cant be bent back. The biggest damage is that the headlight is...
  13. R

FS: BSH Street Catch Can

**SOLD** 110 shipped
  14. R

Android 4.1 supports USB audio out

Android 4.1(Jelly Bean) is the first android distribution that enables users to stream digital audio from the USB port. Obviously iphone already has this but now those of us that prefer android have an all inclusive port for charging, audio, etc that we can use in our cars. I for one am...
  15. R

Side Airbag Fault

I took my car in to the dealership for an airbag fault that I assumed was part of the passenger seat clip TSB that everyone seems to have problems with. It turns out that this was not the case and the side airbag itself has the problem and I was quoted about $500 for parts and labor. Has...
  16. R

Holiday Presents 2011

I guess this could go in the recently purchased thread but post up your favorite christmas/hanukkah presents of 2011! I got a new pair of shoes, down jacket, misc tools, NY Jets pennant, and a 3 night trip to NYC with my girlfriend.
  17. R

Broken part. cannot identify

Does anyone know the name/part number for the circled part? searched and checked ECS and DBC but couldnt find it. looked at the part in person but couldnt find a part number on it. if noone knows, i'll be going to the dealer tomorrow and get a new one if they have one in stock. (pic stolen...
  18. R

how to remove stock crossovers

Hello, Having attempted and failed to remove the stock crossovers in the door, I'm here to ask people that have swapped the xover how they removed it. I'm guessing its loctite'd on or something. How exactly did you get your crossovers off?
  19. R

Halloween's approaching, any epic costumes?

I know at least a few of you out there probably have some awesome costume ideas out there whether theyre really in depth and awesome or just really clever and simple to do. post what you're planning on! I'm currently trying to decide between papercrafting a thomas bangalter helmet from daft...