GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. D

Top mounts vs dogbone insert/mount

Has anyone done any sort of comparison of using just the trans/engine top mounts vs a dogbone insert or replacement mount like the HPA puck? Cost difference aside, is there significant NVH differences between top mounts and a dogbone insert, and are top mounts better at controlling engine...
  2. D

Several fault codes with 07 passat 2.0T

Just pulled up a whole host of codes from my 07 passat with the 2.0T. 11 Faults Found: 008577 - Performance Malfunction in Cooling System P2181 - 008 - - Intermittent Freeze Frame: Fault Status: 00101000 Fault Priority: 0...
  3. D

P2015 went away

P2015, flapper motor code, came on in my 09 TSI a few weeks ago. I left on vacation and let the car sit about 2 weeks. Drove it a few days ago after returning from vacation and now the code went away. Does this mean the flapper motor "fixed" itself, or should I still take it in to have the...
  4. D

Spilled beer on floor behind passenger seat

I had a growler of beer break behind my passenger seat. I've tried steam cleaning several times, but the smell is still there. I'm sure by the time I got to it, the padding under the carpet adsorbed quite a bit of liquid. I probably need to pull up the back carpet to do a more thorough job...
  5. D

HPA Interlock impressions?

Any 2.0T guys running the HPA interlock mount? I've found a review from an R32 owner, but nothing from a 2.0T guy. Mostly curious to hear if the dampened interlock designs cuts down on vibrations compared to a typical poly solid mount.
  6. D

Notchy shifting, bushings going bad?

Over the last few months, I've noticed my 09 GTI having overly notchy shifts, sloppy, makes it difficult for spirited driving when sometimes it can take 0.5-1 sec to get the car into gear. The is 2.5 years old but it only has 13,500 miles on it. I've read about upgrading the bushings as well as...
  7. D

Anyone regret getting tuned?

You always see lots of threads about people happy after getting a tune, but I don't think I've see one where someone wished they hadn't. Has anyone here gotten a tune and didn't like the outcome, for whatever reason? I realize on stage 1 you can just go back to the stock program, depending on...
  8. D

Coolant Usage Normal?

My 09 GTI has only 11k on it. This morning it was quite cold out, 0 F, and my car upon startup said that the coolant was low. I checked it and it was very low, well below the MIN mark. I thought that the cold might have contracted the fluid level, but upon getting my car to a warm garage, the...
  9. D

Does VW Credit refinance?

I purchased my 09 GTI in Feb 09. At the time VW was only offering 5.9% APR for 60 months. Now, my credit union is offering 2.9% refinancing for all 07+ cars. Has anyone ever gotten VW credit to lower their APR as part of a refinancing?