GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. brian9892

Fitment question, smaller tire vs. camber

I just got a set of VMR v701s (18x8.5 et 45), but have yet to put tires on them. Right now, I'm at around 23.75" ftg, and may go lower depending on what will work. On the fitment chart, it says to run a 215/40 tire. I have camber plates up front, so my question is would I be better off running...
  2. brian9892

Need a new front endlink

After noticing some noises from the front of my car, I pulled the wheels off and saw that the nut from my passenger side front endlink had come off, and the endlink was laying on the axle, causing the noise. I bought a new nut, but realized the threaded part on the endlink is shot. When i try to...
  3. brian9892

Very uneven suspension

Hey guys, my car's been lowered for about 6 months, and this whole time I've been dealing with the car sitting unevenly in the rear. I'm on ksport coils, but after isolating everything, I don't think they're the issue. I've swapped everything on each side, spring and strut, just spring, just...
  4. brian9892

Brian9892 Photos

Didn't really feel like coming up with a catchy title, ha. These pictures are from the first "shoot" I've ever really done with my car, and I believe the first pictures of my car I've put on this forum. I'm definitely not a photographer at all, so I appreciate any feedback/pointers on these. I...
  5. brian9892

Two thumbs up for Unitronic

First off, I want to say I had a great time at SOWO this year! While there, I decided to finally get my ecu flashed and decided to go with Unitronic's stage 1+ software. After doing business with them, I only have great things to say about their customer service. After filing out the form to get...
  6. brian9892

Winter tire warning issue

A few days ago I had my tires rotated and balanced, and ever since then I've had winter tire warning come up on the display any time I go over 55 miles an hour. I don't have winter tires, so I'm confused as to why it comes on. It says "Winter tire warning, max speed 55 miles per hour." It dings...
  7. brian9892

Quick suspension question

I'm looking at ordering a set of k sport coilovers today, and was wondering wether or not to get them with the adjustable end links or not. My sway bars are stock, though I might consider upgrading them in the future. Would it be worth it the get the adjustable end links now, or would it be...
  8. brian9892

Scumbag Thread

I'm not sure if a thread like this exists or not, but I thought it would be nice to come share stories about people you've met with that just do some messed up stuff. I guess I'll start. A few years ago, I was shopping for my first car, looking around classifieds and craigslist. I spent well...
  9. brian9892

Any mechanical engineers on here?

For part of a project in my freshman seminar class, I have to conduct an interview with someone in my field of interest (mechanical engineering), that has had a job in the field for at least 4 years. I had a family member scheduled to interview, but my professor informed me that we couldn't...
  10. brian9892

42dd downpipe

First off, i already searched and am having trouble finding a 42dd downpipe that's catted without a resonator. Does anyone know a dealer with one at a good price? Or is anyone selling one used?
  11. brian9892

airbag fault light

Yesterday, I was cleaning the interior of my gti and had to move both seats from a neutral position to all the way forward and all the way back and back while vacuuming. Afterward, I cranked it and noticed there was an airbag fault light with a display message. The light was not on a few hours...
  12. brian9892

tire suggestions

First of all, please excuse my ignorance about tires. I'm looking at getting a new set for my gti, that I'm planning on lowering on coils in the next few weeks, I'm wanting to stick with a 225 45 17 to avoid any rubbing issues. So I'm looking at something with fairly good performance for the...
  13. brian9892

Coilover install in atlanta

Does anyone know of a good place in Atlanta that installs coils?
  14. brian9892

ksport coilovers question

I'm looking at buying a set of ksport kontrol coils. I found some from a dealer on ebay for a good price, but I'm not sure if they are V1's or not (which I heard had problems). Anyways, most of the ones I see have an orange body, but these are black. Is this a way to tell the difference between...
  15. brian9892

brake pads and rotors

I'm looking to replace/upgrade my stock pads and rotors. I'm looking for a setup that doesnt make a lot of dust and provides good stopping performance. I was wondering if anybody had some suggestions on what to get.
  16. brian9892

lost wheel lock bit HELP

I took my car to dicount tire about 9 months ago to have my tires balanced, and apparently they lost the bit that you use to take the locking bolt off of each wheel, I just now noticed while trying to change my brakes. The guy said he would replace it, and i can just go to a volkswagen dealer...
  17. brian9892

paintball anyone?

i have a used smart parts ion paintball marker for sale with a shaved body locking feedneck, empire on/off rail, smart parts quick exhaust valve, and a sly carbon fiber barrel for $175 obo. The barrel alone cost about $100 dollars and is in great condition and comes with a very nice case. This...
  18. brian9892

Any opinions on ksport kontrolls?

Looking at a set of coils and came across the ksport kontrolls. I'm not looking to go crazy low, maybe just barely tuck tires, and want a ride that's not bouncy(don't care that much about it being stiff). So does anyone have opinions on theses or others in the sub k price range?
  19. brian9892

Powdercoating in Atlanta

Does anyone know a good place in Atlanta to get wheels powdercoated for a decent price?