GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. G

Woah... scary noise yesterday.

For a while now I have been having some spring bind in my passenger side front front wheel. I get a short metal ping when I turn the wheel back out of full lock (Only when turning the wheel to the right). I mention all this because the crazy sound came from the same wheel... Yesterday I was...
  2. G

Got some new wheels :)

Not expensive by any means, but I like them better than the Denvers. I think the car needs headlights with black housings now... the chrome housings look odd with the black wheels.
  3. G

Best roof rack for the GTI-V

Looking to get a roof rack. I'm a mountain biker and am really tired of folding seats down and cramming my bike in the hatch. I don't have a sunroof so I'd rather it be as low profile as I can get. Any suggestions. I've looked at the VW one which is really tall, the Yakima which seems lower but...
  4. G

Octane booster.

We only have 91 here in Oklahoma. Can octane booster boost me to 93, or is that stuff bullsh!t? I always wondered about this stuff.
  5. G

Metal ping sounds near full lock

When I turn my wheel to the right near full lock I get a very noticable metal ping/ting sound as soon as I start to straighten the wheel. Any ideas? H&R Springs is the only suspension mod I have.
  6. G

Cam Follower 21k miles

Got a new cam follower today. Going to inspect and probably change (just to be sure) tomorrow AM. I'm at 21k miles and have done regular oil changes with Castrol Syntec 5w40. Crossing fingers that everything is in good shape. Will post photos when I'm done.
  7. G

Oil residue around my boost tap.

I have a fair amount of oil residue around my boost tap. I figure if I have even a tiny amount of oil getting by then I definitely have some air getting by and thus probably have myself a small boost leak. What manufacturer makes the best sealing plug&tap?
  8. G

WIndow tinting over the dots.

How did your tint people do yours. Does it look factory or does it look like garbage (like mine does)? The tint doesn't stick to the dots at all so it leaves this bubble all the way around the edge. Looks great from a distance, but then when you get up close... it looks pretty ghetto. Really...
  9. G

Intakes for stage 2 APR.

In light of this whole, APR stage 2 tunes being so sensitive to MAF readings. I wanted to take a kind of survey. So If you are running APR stage 2 software what intake is working for you. I don't want to go back to my stock engine cover. I'd almost rather go with another tune than put that big...
  10. G

APR STAGE 2

does it work on 91 octane?
  11. G

APR Stage 2 (no hpfp) fuel cuts...

I have the DP and Im planning to go Stage 2 in the next week. Should I go ahead and do it or am I going to get fuel cuts?
  12. G

The inside of catch cans.

What does the inside of BSH and Forge's catch cans look like. I know 42DD has the horizontal dual plane filter setup. I don't think I've seen what the inside of the other cans look like though. Anyone know? EDIT: Interested in recirculating cans internals.
  13. G

Golfball shifter knob/boot.

FYI: ECS tuning has them for $20. Kinda hard to believe... going price for these is around $200 from the VW Driver Gear site.
  14. G

Fluid spraying from grill?

So this is the 2nd time i have noticed this. Originally i thought it was from an external source. But i noticed it again today inthe exact same spot. Lower grill area. On the right side. Is a circular wet area about 4-5" across. Fluid is not very viscous but it is slippery so its not just dirty...
  15. G

best oil

It's oil change time again. For the last 3k my car has had Castrol Syntec 5w40. Which is what the dealer told me to put in. However, is there a better oil for these cars. I've seen Threads talking about Mobil-1 0w-40 and another about Redline. Is there a definitive "best oil" for our cars? I...
  16. G

Pimped out Hemi magnum

He started it, was revving and everything. Sounded really nice and I was in stock mode so I was guessing I'd get killed... nope. Had a car on him when I shifted to 3rd... that's when I shut it down. I didn't really want to race, was just curious how fast the thing was. If I had stage 1 turned...
  17. G

Tapping/gurgling noise gone CV removal

Wrote up a quick DIY. Just did this today, fixed the problem with the tapping/gurgling sound that I've had ever since I installed the catch can on my 08 FSI. There are probably others out there, but I did one anyway. Hope it helps someone out. Only question I have is this... I seemed to have...
  18. G

Saab 93

Setting: entry to highway downtown has a light. Starts as 2 lanes for about 1/8 mile, hits a curve then merges into 1 lane into the highway. Fun little spot people alway being dicks there and trying to get around peoplw for no reason. So im in the non merge lane and a saab 93 it pulls out from...
  19. G

No start after battery reconnect.

Has anyone noticed this? Disconnected/removed battery to reroute boost gauge hose last night. Afterwards I went to fire it up and check for leaks and the first try wouldn't start the car. Would turn over but not fire up. This is about the 3rd or 4th time I've noticed this. Fires right up after...
  20. G

Recirculating catch cans. Reserched/thoughts.

I have just done a bunch of reading on how these cans work on the FSI and how the PCV in general works on the FSI. I believe I have a pretty good understanding of it, at least a lot better than I did 2 weeks ago when I ordered this kit. I get how it works and I get why the can is a good idea...