GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. gatorfast

FS: Bilstein sport shocks/struts and H&R sport springs

Just sold my GTI and getting rid of my last remaining parts. This is a set of Bilstein sport shocks and H&R sport springs both with about 30K miles on them. The car felt great with these on...firm ride but not harsh and the stance was perfect imo. You can view my garage for pics of my car...
  2. gatorfast

South Florida people - looking for a shop

Anyone know of a shop in the fort lauderdale area that could install some springs/shocks? Doesnt need to be the fanciest place with the highest rates, just someone who does a decent job. Thanks!
  3. gatorfast

Looking for a part #

Im looking for the part # of the oem plastic tube that connects to the front of the pcv. I have the euroject pcv fix installed now but want to return to oem. Its the plastic accordion-like tube, not the rear metal tube. Thanks a lot.
  4. gatorfast

WTB: GTI stock shocks

Getting rid of my 2006 GTI soon and returning her to stock. Looking for stock shocks only. Pm me if you have. Thanks.
  5. gatorfast

Price of premium gas

What is the price of premium in your area compared to regular? The price of gas has dropped recently, but by me premium is usually 30-40 more cents than regular, instead of 20 cents more like it to used to be. Anyone else noticed this?
  6. gatorfast

Computer gurus, question for you (mac related)

I have a macbook with OSX Tiger loaded on it. My girlfriend got a new imac with Leopard loaded on it. Could I use her installation CD to put Leopard on my computer? :help:
  7. gatorfast

Anybody in south florida have their factory rear/sides sanded and painted?

I was thinking about having my rear bumper and side skirts sanded and painted. Anyone else have this done by a south florida shop? How much did it run you? Im in coral springs and I dont want to travel too far for a shop. Thanks for any input. :thumbsup:
  8. gatorfast

Which chip do you have?

I havent seen a poll like this on here. I wanted to get an idea of what the most popular program is. Im running APR myself.
  9. gatorfast

Questions about euroject pcv fix and pcv in general

I am about to get chipped and I am taking as many preventative measures as possible. I already got the forge dv and now im reading about the pcv system and its failures. What exactly does the eurojet pcv fix do? If I install the fix before I get chipped, will this prevent pcv failure...
  10. gatorfast

Anyone know where I can get center caps for OZ Ultraleggeras?

Like the title says... One of the center caps fell off and I need to replace it. I emailed tirerack but they havent responded. Anyone know where I can get one? Thanks.
  11. gatorfast

Just installed H&R Sports...pics!

The ride is great. Coupled with bilstein sport shocks. :biggrin:
  12. gatorfast

FS: OEM Euro Springs

I had these springs on for about 10 months (7,000 miles). I decided to go with a more aggressive setup so I am selling these springs. Its about a 1" drop all around. If you are looking for a slight drop while still retaining factory ride comfort (because these are factory springs!) then these...
  13. gatorfast

FS: H&R Race Springs

***SOLD*** Lowers 1.5" front and 1.4" rear. Used for about a month. Sorry, I dont have any pics with them on my car (they werent actually on my car but another Mk5 GTI). $180 shipped.
  14. gatorfast

H&R race springs with Bilstein sports

I came across an incredible deal to purchase both of these together and I just couldnt pass up the opportunity. However, I think this setup may be too stiff for my taste. I am mainly concerned with looks/comfort and not extreme performance. Does anyone have this setup? If so, how is it? I...
  15. gatorfast

Attn mac people!

I need some help using the mail program. I just set it up and I have 2 accounts linked to it, my school email and AOL. I can send and receive emails just fine, but, when I send an email with my school account the email does not appear in my sent messages box. Also, when I delete an email it...
  16. gatorfast

I have been car-less for a day...

My GTI underwent its first (and hopefully last) major surgery. Dropped my car off at the dealership yesterday because my airbag fault light was on and my a/c was acting funny. They said the airbag was an electrical problem and for the a/c they replaced the compressor and some other parts as...
  17. gatorfast

FS: GTI front end cover (bra)

I bought this from my dealership but never installed it. Perfect for protection from rocks, bugs, etc. (plus it looks cool). It covers the entire front bumper and a small portion of the hood. $90 shipped.
  18. gatorfast

R32 Springs

Anybody know of a place to get the R32 springs? I think the way they come from the factory looks perfect in terms of ride hight. Also, would the springs give them same drop to a GTI? I am assuming the R32 is heavier due to AWD and the engine (plus I have a 6spd).
  19. gatorfast

New wheels for me!!!

18" OZ Ultraleggera. :thumbup: