GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. A

MKV R32 and MKIV R32: experiences?

I have chance to trade my current MKV R32 (-07, DSG, 54.000 miles) to MKIV R32 (-03, manual, 82.000 miles). I could have 9000 euros money in this trade. This is the MKIV R32 I have option to trade: http://www.nettiauto.com/volkswagen/golf/4898522 Price for that is 16.500 euros and my MKV...
  2. A

Golf V R32 vs Peugeot 406 3.0 V6

Well there was one guy driving like an asshole on traffic with his V6 Peugeot and I was quite waiting for the traffic lights with him.. Then actually we eventually stopped at traffic lights and I push the pedal without LC on manual mode: until 60-70 mph I had about 4 car lengths but it seemed...
  3. A

Tuned R32 vs other cars - experiences?

I'd like to know what kind of experience people have racing with their R32 vs other cars? Especially if you've tuned with chip + intake + exhaust, I'd be interested to know your stories... I have always had bad luck in facing potential cars for little acceleration race, either from roll or...
  4. A

R32 Revo owners - timing and fuel settings?

I've had initially revo tune settings 5 timing and 9 fuel. However, I noticed that car reacts even too sharply with light push on gas pedal and it was a bit distrurbing in regular driving ie in traffic lights etc. Then I just today switched settings to timing 4 and fuel 8. Now that edge from...
  5. A

R32 tuning vs 2.0T stage 1 - experience and comparison

This is to all R32 owners in this forum who are considering R32 tuning. My previous car was 2.0T (GTI) which I tuned with APR (250 bhp) and now I've tuned my R32 to around 270 bhp. Even this topic is quite common in this forum I decided to share my story since having owned both GTI and R32 for...
  6. A

DSG shifts too early with Revo

I had revo installed some time ago and I have timing 5 setting in it. I noticed bad side effect that in D mode in DSG if accelerating gently / normally DSG shifts gears waaayy too rapidly. I checked it shifts up to 6th gear in just 40-50 km/h (28 mph) if pressing gently throttle (almost not...
  7. A

R32 vs Audi A3. 3.2 - price difference?

I have MKV R32 myself and my friend has Audi A3 3.2 quattro. His audi is -04 and mine R32 is -07. He has 2 doors I have 4. His mileage is 138 km and mine 77. Nevertheless engine and DSG are the same and both have AWD, equally good brakes etc. Do you think pricing has gone "correct" between...
  8. A

Complete answer to R32 hp gains (remap/milltek/intake)

I decided to send link that hopefully can be used to any enquiries people have relating what is effect of adding remap, intake and catback exhaust. http://www.europeancarweb.com/tech/epcp_0802_2008_volkswagen_r32/viewall.html IT'S ALL THERE: Dynoed with mustang dyno before and afted adding...
  9. A

Should I buy milltek CB to my setup or not??

Hi! Please help, I really cant decide, what would you do? I have already MKV R32 with revo software and evoms intake and also have remus rear box (NOT catback) I have gained probably around 10-15 hp max with my current setup and now I really don't know should I invest still to milltek catback...
  10. A

suspension kit D2 switch to stock?

I bought MKV R32 and it has suspension kit D2. Now as winter is coming I wonder should I change it totally to stock kit? instead of changing its height and angles? Ive heard from my VW mechanican friend that stock kit would be even better.. its real pain to drive now with D2, its too low and it...
  11. A

Finally - my own R32 bought! :D

I've been posting here and speculating for ages should I buy MKV R32 and today is the day that my wish has come true.. I just made deal of this R32!!! I will get it tomorrow... http://www.nettiauto.com/volkswagen/golf/4323134 Car has sunroof, OZ wheels, Navi, suspension kit and Remus...
  12. A

Golf V R32 vs Golf V GTI stage 1 (videos)

In this forum quite many agrees that stage 1 GTI will easily beat MKV R32. I managed to found excellent videos to compare that claim. Obviously R32 has also "stage 1" to make comparision equal for tuning point of view. What was interesting is that I timed both of these performances and got...
  13. A

Leather seats for R32?

I have gorgeus R32 ready for me to buy, it is true dream car BUT it has fabric seats which is big minus for me. There is quite plenty of companies that can do leather seats and based on pictures / testimonials many of them are quality stuff. Im not sure should I add leather coverage or look...
  14. A

Milltek experiences?

I plan for full Milltek exhaust system from manifolds to cat-back and resonated version. But the stock sound of R32 is so damn good that I very much would like to have experiences of will the sound get much worse after switcing to milltek? Power gains will be there but if it will cost me sounds...
  15. A

MKV R32 high mileage?

Hi Most of MKV DSG R32 I've seen for sale have mileage between 30.000 - 80.000 but not more. Is this some sort of sign when to sell R32? Or how well especially DSG version holds mileage? This is important for me since I have potential R32 which I've planned to buy and car has mileage 43.000...
  16. A

Golf 2.0 GT TDI - chipping and DSG??

I've planned to chip Golf GT 2.0 TDI (170 hp stock). Does anyone have experience of how that DSG holds chipping? As result of chipping power will be 200 hp and 420-440 nm torque. Especially newton increase in torque worries me.. does DSG handle it. The reason to my worry is that powerband of...
  17. A

IV R32 power increase with chip and intake?

Hi, I checked from APR site that chip in IV R32 would increase power to 260hp. Then they sell carbonio intake. How do you estimate total power increase with these two? Over 260hp? Or is the 260hp from chip alone even possible? Any experiences from R32 drivers in this forum?
  18. A

Golf GTI APR Stage 1 vs BMW X6

So I stopped at lights next to nice white BMW X6. I didn't launch at full on 1st gear but when I noticed X6 did launch I floored at second gear from 20mph and we were dead even at 70mph when I had to slow down. Must say... I was bit surprised. If I had launch full from dig I think I could even...
  19. A

Audi A3 3.2 quattro vs GTI stage 1?

My friend bought stock A3 V6 3.2 quattro with launch control (250hp) and proposed a race. I have apr stage 1 with same hp and not having launch control. Do you think Id have any chance with him from dig 0-60? He has AWD and launch control and its veeery bad for my FWD GTI :) Couple of questions...
  20. A

R32 Milltek exhaust - which chiptune/intake??

Hi! I have potential R32 to buy which has already milltek exhaust and for me to make decision to buy it I'd need info: 1. What chiptune would be the best choice to combined with milltek and what would be hp gain with that setup? 2. Also if you know what air intake would still fit toghether...