GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. stuck24

Houston!!! Zimmerman Discs/ PBR Ceramic Pads REARS

Zimm Rear Discs and PBR Ceramics ... REARS... New, just sold the MK5, have no need for these. $100 Firm. Houston sale only please!
  2. stuck24

saying bye to the mk5

hey all... it's been fun with my mk5. I got a good deal on a 300 mile used 2010 with xenons/ 18's/ dynaudio/ cloth/ 6 speed.... I'm a little tired of topping up my oil every 500 miles... and a little worried about the fsi's midterm solidity.... I'm smitten by how incredibly smooth the mk6...
  3. stuck24

MK7 already set!!!

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/10q2/2013_volkswagen_golf_mkvii_rendered-feature
  4. stuck24

How is Timing Set on our motors

hey all, dealership changed timing belt/ tensioner 1 month ago under warranty for cricket-chirping noise. Ever since I've noticed a shift in the powerband. Power comes on a bit earlier and levels off a bit earlier.... I remember advancing the timing on my old Miata in order to gain a bit more...
  5. stuck24

Audi A3 still uses FSI motor

just saw this on their website. Interesting, VW moves on with a TSI, Audi sticks with it in 200/hp form... belt-driven, cam follower et al.... thoughts? why? Is the FSI still better in many ways? Don't wanna start a brawl, maybe a discussion. :wink:
  6. stuck24

18" tires = 35 psi before / 38 psi now

hi all... my 07 calls for 35 psi in all 4 of the 18" tires. The same size tires for the 2010 GTI call for 38 psi.... why oh why o why? Even at 35 psi, the ride is very very firm and my steering pretty hefty.... Any thoughts as to why the newer GTIs call for such a high psi? I've even...
  7. stuck24

just plugged my tire ... thoughts?

hey all... really sort of ticked at life's inevitabilities right now... I got a little nail shoved into the area b/w the tread and sidewall. I've read that plugging the tire an inch from sidewall or near the sidewall is super dangerous, but I will replace soon. However, I said Fu#$ it, I'm...
  8. stuck24

no idea about the MK1

http://blog.caranddriver.com/the-mk-i-vw-golf-finally-meets-its-end/ click and read.... had no idea that they were still in production up til now ... :thumbsup:
  9. stuck24

fsi oil capacity

ok all... I've searched here and I've gotten 5 quarts as the answer... but in my 07's manual..it states clearly "approximately 4.6 quarts incl filter) who is right? don't really wanna dump in an extra half quart if I don't have to...
  10. stuck24

recall 03 ecm update done

took the car in for a 5k change...I asked them to go ahead and flash the ecm for the 03 update... can't really tell right now if the flash changed anything performance-wise because I also switched oil weight/ brand for this oil change However, I notice now though that whenever I press unlock...
  11. stuck24

APR stage 1 0-60 times

OK ...hi all.... quick question for stage 1-ers... how many tenths of a second am I shaving if I plunk down me $600 for stage 1 APR??? stock 6 speed manual GTIs such as mine already hoof it to 60 within 6.2 seconds or so... soooo how much will stage 1 knock off??? is 300 lb ft only gonna...
  12. stuck24

noise pipe

hey all... question for UK GTI owners: is it true UK MK5 gtis don't come with the noise pipe that pipes intake growl into the cabin??? curious
  13. stuck24

hard clutch when hot outside

help all... minor issue, but worth a discussion... 10 months ago... I replaced the brake fluid cos the manual says so...and also b/c my clutch tightened up slightly/ got harder to depress after a 10 or 15 mile jaunt on the freeway. Once i got off the off ramp and downshifted, I could sense that...
  14. stuck24

APR in Houston

hey all... APR dealers in Houston??? any really good ones here? wish the VW dealers had APR outlets like they do on the EAst coast
  15. stuck24

WTB Huff 18" Houston p/u only

need to buy a mint/ excellent Huff here in Houston. help!
  16. stuck24

WTB 18" Huff from Houston resident

near mint condition please and much rather greater houston metro
  17. stuck24

WTB 18" Huff from Houston resident

hey all.. any Houstonians willing to part with ONE near mint Huff.???? much obliged!