GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. F

WTB - TSI STOCK AIRBOX CBFA Engine

UPDATE/EDIT: I have the CBFA model airbox and just need all of the intake tubing that goes from the MAF sensor back. Yo, Looking for a stock airbox ASAP. Need for tsi cbfa models. MK6's have these engines too!!!! Let me know THANKS!
  2. F

Cant figure out where my evap line goes

Diagnosing my evap leak code and found this line hanging. Anybody have any clue where it goes??? preferably an arrow pointing to the part because i sat there looking for about 15 minutes :p
  3. F

p0445 with no symptoms

Typical case of p0445 code. First gas cap light and then the CEL but the weird thing is that I have none of the common symptoms. I dont smell gas, im not having issues filling up the tank or starting issues after filling the tank. The gas cap doesnt appear to be damaged at all. No loss of power...
  4. F

Do 3way speakers exist anymore?

It seems like the options for 3way speakers are slim especially if your wanting some decent quality. Currently the only 3way speakers that ive found are the Focal K2 Power 165 KRX3. They run 1100. Will these even fit in the gti without drilling? Im open to other brands infinity, kenwood and...
  5. F

city lights to match 3five's

Just bought a pair of 5k 3five's from retrofit. Was wondering if you guys know what city light bulbs will match the best with these.
  6. F

New Engine...KO4 or GT30

Mustang pulled up behind me like a douche so i dropped it down and mashed the gas. The rest is history. A week later, dubsqaured in arlington Tx showed me my oil pan with about 3 quarter inches of metal shavings in the oil. Anyway im getting a remanufactured engine from vdub tomorrow. Havent...
  7. F

Airbag light on after messing with fuse box

So have a stealth installed 9500ix and a defi boost guage both hooked up to the interior fuse box. I was reconnecting my radar detector as the connection was a bit loose and kept causing the radar to go off and on. Right at the end of the successful installation my airbag light came on. Does...
  8. F

GTI and R32 Brakes

Is it possible to swap GTI brakes for R32 brakes?
  9. F

Installtion Questions

Hey guys. This summer i'm planning on putting a nice solid system in my car. 7in touch screen maybe pioneer or kenwood. JLW3 sub. 5channle jl audio amp. and 4 new speakers. I kno that there is a stock amp in the gti that already powers the speaker which is located in the dash. Is it a bitch to...
  10. F

BSH Boost Tap Problems

So my car was bogging down as I was driving just now. And it wont start. The problem is simple. My damn block off plug for my boost tap came off. Anybody kno the dimensions of this screw so that I can at least temporaily fix this until I can get a replacement???? Phil can you help me out...
  11. F

Head Unit info

Hey guys I'm planning on buying a head unit soon but I need some additional info before I do. I am looking to get a double din. Most likely a AVH-P4300DVD and a AVIC U220 for navi w/ it. My questions are, what else do I need to get to make this work with the gti? I want to be able to have it...
  12. F

Yet Another Starting Problem

So started my car just now and randomly started bogging down like it was misfiring/ like it didnt have enough gas. Checked the engine and it was fine no misfires no check engine light. I turned the car off cause i forgot some went back and did the same thing again just a tad worse and then the...
  13. F

And around we go

School is starting once again :(. My summer internship is comming to an end and its once again time to be broke and hit the books. FML. Only two more years until the big graduation date tho. Damn i feel like im getting so fuking old. 20 going on 90 lol. Anyone else in my same predicament?
  14. F

Rear rotor help!!!

So im trying to replace my rear rotor today. The damn thing is stuck on there pretty good. Anybody lend me a suggestion towards getting it off. Im pretty much stumped right now. :( thanks for any help. they are oem rotors that im trying to take off by the way
  15. F

Hawk hps pads (wear sensor)

Does anybody know if the hawk hps pads front and rear set sold by DBC performance come with the wear sensors on one of the fronts? http://www.dbcperformance.com/product_p/hahb543f760.hb544f.628fr.htm an 09 gti only needs a sensor for the front right wheel correct?
  16. F

Grinding Brakes When Depressed

Im at 30k miles and my rear brakes are grinding (purchasing some zimmerman rotors and hks pads today). I noticed couple days ago after taking my car for maintence at VW, when the brake pedal is depressed I can still hear a slight grinding noise as if i have the pedal pressed. I havent looked...
  17. F

Best way to clean up Stains???

So i mean whats the best way to clean up stains off your seats??? Its not THAT apparent but noticeable. if you focus you can see the stain. Kinda like a jiz stain so yea whats the best way to get it up???
  18. F

Touching up intake piping

Sup. So I had to take my mods off my car due to warranty. now this it is fixed (crosses fingers) im going to be putting everything back on. I have a bsh intake that has some scratches on the piping. nothing too major or visible but for my own personal sake id like to touch it up. What would be...
  19. F

r32 rear from dealership

got a question...im going to pick up an r32 rear bumper from the dealership today for my gti obviously what i purchased was the lower valence which is the lower bumper plus the valence part for the exhaust cutout. do i need anything else to make this complete? I assume i can use all of the...
  20. F

VW Warranty Issue

Basically my question is: how can VW void your warranty or say that they wont replace something under warranty??? Does the modification have to be proved to have a direct cause of the problem, or can they make a gneral claim that "any engine modification can void your warranty" ? Backstory: I...