GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. D

FS 2007 GTI BMP Manual in Charleston, SC

I am selling a 2007 VW GTI with 99,068 miles on it for $12,000 obo. Price is negotiable. I currently have it listed on craigslist if you want to see the pictures. http://charleston.craigslist.org/cto/3901841978.html It's in good condition, well maintained and runs great. Oil was changed about...
  2. D

Hissing sound under acceleration, passenger side. Help please.

Ok so last week i had all the recent recall work done on my car. New pcv revision and flap motor. When first installed everything was fine, no new noises or anything. But just today in only 1st and 2nd gear accelerations, I hear a pretty loud hissing noise. It sounds like it's possibly coming...
  3. D

WTB: OEM 18" Detroits (aka huffs w/black inserts) w/ tires or maybe reg Huffs.

Hey, As the title says I'm looking for a set of Detroits (near mint if not mint) with tires in good condition >70% tread. I am local to Charleston, SC. I would prefer to have them shipped as I am not currently in the states. But am willing to wait till after July to meet if you are close and...
  4. D

Post your Oil Analysis results (UOA's)

Just kinda thought I'd create a thread where we could all post UOA's of all the different kinds of oils people here use, so people could get direct comparisons between all the oils available since it seems to come up alot. I'm curious to know as well. Been using Lubro Moly lately and...
  5. D

So yep finally went to stock from k-sports, my thoughts.

Stock rides soo much better first off! lol to be expected but wow never realized how much of a difference it would be. Haven't gotten to really test it out yet but going through a few on-ramps it seems much smoother and predictable. Much easier to tell where my traction limit is. There is also...
  6. D

quick question on old EvoMS "dry" filter... not the new one

I just cleaned it and i'm gonna let it sit about a day to dry (i'll be riding my bike in the mean time ^_^) from what I've read, the old style "dry" filter is really just the wet filter labeled as dry. So should I oil it up after it dries? also, I just cleaned my big forge DV tried looking...
  7. D

Quick answer needed please...Trailer light harness on mkv

I have a quick question. I am trying to rent a trailer from uhaul but haven't gotten the light harness yet. I've read a lot of places you have to special order wiring harness'. Uhaul has a little 8 dollar one that splices into the brake and tail lights and I'm not thinking that will work.
  8. D

Where to buy Hidden hitch? suggestions

I've looked around and most places sell it for about 160 but hitchesonline.com sells them for about 110 anyone bought there's from there or have any better suggestions? Thanks I need a hitch to tow my motorcycle around and stuff. Will probably also get a hitch bike rack eventually.
  9. D

What do you guys think, 07 Blue/Black GSXR 750 or 07 White CBR600rr?

I'm looking to get a bike really soon, and I've narrowed it down to these two. The 750 is at a local dealership with a few thousand miles and slip on Exhaust, i can't remember exact mileage, for $7,700 or the 600 for 7,800 with <1k Stock on the odo from a private seller 80 miles away(who is also...
  10. D

Coilover help: Koni kit or KW Variant 2?

I need some help deciding, since I'll be able to get new suspension in a couple weeks, gotta love re-enlistment bonus' :-D Are both kits progressive spring rates? I know both are going to ride better than these K-sports. I do autocross my car, I would like to do it about once a month but i've...
  11. D

Anyone else sometimes prefer driving around in stock mode vs their stg1 or 2 tune?

I had bought the stock map a while back but just recently I got the giac flashloader so I can use it. I'd have to say it's kinda nice not absolutely ripping through 1st gear and eatin up a little bit of 2nd and actually being able to launch. Although I'd have to say 3rd gear feels pretty...
  12. D

APR HPFP or new wheels and tires?

I'm kinda being indecisive at the moment. I either want to get the APR HPFP rebuild since its on sale or light weight 17's with 255's or 245's Direzza's. If I go with wheels I'll be reducing each corner by about 10-12 lbs. How much power am I looking to gain from the fuel pump and which decision...
  13. D

Which tires for new wheels? Direzza, Kumho, Hankook

How do you guys think the Kumho XS' compare to the Direzza Star Specs? I plan on purchasing wheels and tires for autocross in a couple weeks so I want to get the best (taking price into a little consideration...meaning no RE-11) and just saw the Hankook RS3's on tirerack. any thoughts? Price...
  14. D

BSH Rear Sway bar bracket broke...little bit of help please

Not really sure what happened but one of the sway bar brackets broke. As well as when it broke the welded square nut also broke off and is now somewhere on the roads of charleston sc. So how would I go about getting a new square nut welded on there or can I just get a new bracket and use a...
  15. D

255/40/17 on 17x8 O.Z. Ultra's 48 offset?

I've been in a debate whether or not I should go with 255's instead of 245's when I get my new wheels. I'm just a little worried about rubbing the strut. I know Meat fit 255's on his flik's(45et) but they have a slightly lower offset and I wasn't sure if that would make too much of a difference...
  16. D

What do I need to do to make my car STX legal?

Mods: Giac 93 X-File (I want to add the stock tune with the switch loader), ATP DP, AWE CB, EVOms, VF engineering motor and tranny mounts, BSH PCV revamp, BSH Diverter Valve Relocation kit with Forge DV, Eip SS and either the BSH Boost tap or its the v-twin (I looked at it but I don't remember)...
  17. D

Quick question for changing Eip Side Throw shifter back to stock

Is all I need to buy from the dealer the "L" shaped part or do I need to replace other components? Also, any tips for the install, like lubrication? I'm wanting to change it back to stock since I'm pretty sure its the reason for the shifter being sloppy while in gear and why it has issues going...
  18. D

anybody know the oem part # for the stock Side Throw shifter?

My Car has the Eip ss and sts combo. I want to get rid of the side throw completely and go back to stock, I don't think its really necessary. Any ideas? I've tried ecstuning and 1stvw with no luck.
  19. D

K-sport height adjustment issue

Alright so I adjusted the height up front but it's still barely above the wheel. like maybe 1/2in wheel gap. and then the left side is set to the max height setting and still 1/10 of an inch lower than the right which has about a half inch of threads left. The spring seats are set as high as...
  20. D

WTB! 07 Oem Suspension Mounting components etc...

Looking for some used oem F&R strut mounts