GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. A

Blown engine on big turbo mkv - what to do?

Engine's toast. Invested over 20 grand into mods over the years. Car never really ran at %100, I was looking to spend a couple thousand on a proper tune this spring before the engine blew. Mechanic estimates a minimum $4000 to get a new engine, install rods, and install in the car. Should I...
  2. A

USRT Water Meth - Check these guys out, you'll be happy you did

I wanted to let people know about the positive experience I had speaking to Scott and Justin at USRT (U.S. Rally Team). They were both very helpful and extremely knowledgeable about water meth. After spending an hour on the phone with me, it became very clear that they have spent a great...
  3. A

HID bulb: alternatives to OEM?

VW dealership quoted me $209.00 Cdn for a single bulb. The parts guy suggested I could get it for 1/4 of the price elsewhere. Suggestions?
  4. A

Newb question: Should I mount my own wheels?

I'm eager to change my winter rims over to my summers. Any reason why I shouldn't mount them myself? I don't have a torque wrench. I'm planning on getting an alignment sometime over the next two weeks, whether I do the switch myself or get the shop to do it. Thanks
  5. A

Old Mercedes 16 x 8 alloys on GTI

Maybe someone familiar with weird fitments could help me out? My dad sold his old '85 MB 300 SD. He had a set of 4 old alloys stashed away, that I just came upon while clearing out his storage. Bolt pattern is 5 x 112. 16 x 8. From a tire size calculator chart, speedometer reading of 60 mph...
  6. A

How much do they put up with here on GolfMkV?

Hi everyone, I'm pretty new here. I was recently involved in a thread where things just went to shit early on. I was surprised to see that it just kept dragging on, getting worse. Just curious, can you guys relate some instances where threads got locked, or why some users got banned...
  7. A

Questions on DSG vs. MT

Hi guys, Ziggers' "Unitronic K04 vs. K03" thread got off topic, and turned into a DSG vs. MT thread. :threadjacked: Since it would be a shame for the thread to get locked, and since I would also like to learn more about the DSG vs MT, maybe starting another thread would be useful. Can...