GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. J

Traded in the GTI...still a VW fan though :)

Well after a lot of thought I decided on trading in my GTI and made the move last night to a new Tiguan. While I will miss the GTI I really like the new car. I still will enjoy browsing this forum though! Happy New Year!
  2. J

LPFP Problems?

I have been having issues with stuttering under load through the middle of the RPM curve. Checked a million things so far but no solution. Did some logs a couple weeks ago and everything looked good, fuel pressure, boost, n75...when it would stutter it was pulling massive timing i.e. -8* which...
  3. J

How can you enforce this and sleep at night?

http://news.yahoo.com/oregon-veteran-faces-eviction-hangs-us-flag-191254150.html Cliffs Notes: 70 year old Navy Vet is told he will be evicted from his subsidized housing complex if he violates a rule not allowing any wall hangings. What he wants to hang on the wall is an AMERICAN FLAG for...
  4. J

OEM Front Wiper Motor

I purchased the OEM front wiper motor from Hollow101 this week from this threadhttp://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156891. The motor was promptly shipped and it worked perfect. What I found out was the wiper motor was not my issue as explained here...
  5. J

When diagnosing a problem or trying to fix something don't overlook the simple things

Long story short, I am an idiot... During the freak October snow storm much of the east got last Saturday I was driving to run an errand. I cleared my windows of the wet heavy snow. I did not however clear the snow from the roof of my car. As I came to a stop light on a down slope, all of...
  6. J

Do these knock off Vag-Com cables work with the ross-tech software?

http://www.obdiitools.com/vagcom-vag106-diagnostic-cable-hex-vcds-usb-interface-for-vwau-p-334.html I see these all over the internet for $30-$40. Would the cable work with the VCDS?
  7. J

Rough acceleration, no CEL

I posted this in the general forum but figured it probably should be here instead... I have a 2007 FSI with an APR stage 1 flash with 69,xxx miles on the clock. Everything else motor wise is stock. So for the past month or so under light load in low rpm i have gotten a few little hitches...
  8. J

rough acceleration, no cel, can't tell what it is!

*EDIT* rough acceleration, no cel, STILL can't tell what it is! I have a 2007 FSI with an APR stage 1 flash with 69,xxx miles on the clock. Everything else motor wise is stock. So for the past month or so under light load in low rpm i have gotten a few little hitches during acceleration, but...
  9. J

'07 BMP 6 Speed in MD, pics added

**Traded in** NO LONGER FS; '07 BMP 6 Speed in MD, pics added Traded the GTI in. Mods can delete thread.
  10. J

Zero boost and no MIL?

So today I was on the interstate and went to step on it and nothing! Boost gauge shows needle go up to 0 but won't cross over into boost. Car is really slow :( drove a little while then shut off and restarted and same thing. There is no MIL on so not sure what's going on. It has APR stage 1...
  11. J

Curbed a Huff...Need one single Huff

Like the title says! It doesnt have to be mint but just in decent shape. I don't need TPMS or tire. I am located at 21740. Thanks.
  12. J

got a repair order for my window tint...what would you do?

i got stopped the other day by a Statie (Maryland). I was doing 10 mph under the speed limit because of traffic about a half mile from my house. The trooper pulled out right behind me from a residential neighborhood, clearly was not running radar, since I was the last car in line. He lit me...
  13. J

i don't know why i can't stop laughing at this

bert and ernie go brutal InZNBcJTmWs
  14. J

i have a computer question (hard drive related)

i have a lenovo y430 laptop with 3 gigs of ram, centrino cpu, vista, and 240GB hdd i am not super computer savvy so please keep that in mind! my hdd formatted is in 2 partitions C and D with drive C=103GB and drive D=114GB my C drive only has 6.65GB free because that is where everything is...
  15. J

Hilarious/Weird Craigslist Personals Ad

http://fargo.craigslist.org/cas/1478426332.html
  16. J

Am I missing something about egging cars?

So I woke up this morning to the lovely sight of egg on my car. Fortunately only one egg was used...unfortunately it was mostly dried by the time I saw it. There is some small circular marks where the egg was broken open that got down into the paint. I am hoping that my detailer can buff it...
  17. J

flashing tpms

I was driving around the other day and the TPMS light started flashing. There was no message in the MFD, just the yellow light was flashing. I pulled off into a parking lot and all the tires looked fine but i checked the pressure just to make sure. Tire pressure was all great on all 4 tires...
  18. J

RIP Nick Adenhart

for those baseball fans out there...how terrible is today? Although I did not know Nick personally, we lived in the same town. He was a few years younger than me so I never played against him but my buddy has hit against him a few times in Legion ball. It really hits home when so many people...
  19. J

may have 2 seats for DMB in Charlottesville, VA 4/18/09

it is not definate yet but it looks like i will probably have an extra pair of seats for night two of dave matthews band charlottesville, va shows. the tickets would be for saturday april 18th at the john paul jones center at UVA. Price is face value plus shipping. seats are in the upper...
  20. J

07/08 Burton Tadashi Fuse Snowboard with Bindings!!

i am selling my snowboard. it is a 2007/08 Burton Tadashi Fuse Pro Model 154cm. It will come with Burton Cartel bindings. The bindings are medium size. I rode this board for 2 seasons and it is a great board. It is nice and snappy and pretty responsive. It has been well maintained. My...