GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. N

Audi S3 is awesome

I got a fairly long solo test drive in a cpo 2016 S3 this afternoon. I have owned two v6 bi- turbo S4's in the past and was interested in how the cars power stacked up and also how it would feel compared to my stock gti pp. Man I have to say it was quite impressive. I have not had the chance to...
  2. N

Honda Civic R

My son put his $5k down on a type R a few months back. It will be interesting to see what it's like to drive. Oh yeah , not the PRE edition just the regular level of crazy wing, air dam, and extreme body kit.
  3. N

What's the most EFFED UP movie that you've seen?

One movie that sticks in my head is Event Horizon. Its an unsettling mix of sci-fi and horror. It is one of those movies you watch and then think "wow, I wish I hadn't watched that! " . Another couple of movies worth mentioning are Videodrome from 1983, and another movie called Existenz...
  4. N

What is your occupation?

Currently Playing with Trains. AVP Product Development - Communications Network Solutions for the Rail Industry specializing in Positive Train Control Communications Systems. Prior to my current job -35 years in Telecommunications Operations and Engineering services for local and long...
  5. N

FS- MO 2008 GTI Factory Carpeted Mats New in Bag

These mats came with my 2008 GTI when I purchased it new, but were never used as my car also came equipped with Monster Mats. Car was traded last month and I still have these new carpeted mats that need a new home. These are just the nice OEM black carpeted mats with the retaining grommets for...
  6. N

VW Fast Figurine

SOLD!!! Full Size Fast Figurine. Complete with all four tails, the swanky box and the little booklet telling you how to take care of the Fast are included and it will ship in the original box it came to me in from VW. I got this new when I bought my 2008 GTI, and although it has been out of its...
  7. N

General Gmaxx AS-03

Anyone else running these on their GTI?
  8. N

Top mount trouble? - Stock suspension

Just wondered if anyone has experienced problems with their top mount strut bearings on their stock suspension GTI's? I have a 2008 FSI with almost 36k miles and just experienced a new problem that really feels like a top mount strut bearing going bad. Symptom is a notchy feeling felt through...
  9. N

vs Crossfire from a dead stop

I had one of those interesting situations pop-up at a stoplight earlier in the week up in Springfield IL. I had exited from an interstate into the left lane of the business loop. I knew I would need to make a right turn several lights up so I looked in my mirror saw there was no traffic near and...
  10. N

Gas mileage drops dramatically after service

I recently had my 2008 GTI w/DSG in for a simple oil change and tire rotation. In the past I have always handled my own oil changes and other basic service maintenance and typically don't like dealerships to work on my cars. I have been traveling a lot lately though, and decided to let the...
  11. N

Grass isn't always greener..

I was goofing around at lunch today and decided I would test drive an MS3 to see how it felt. I did and thought I would share my experience with you GTI owners. Rewind about 10 months ago and I was looking to get out of my low-torque poor fuel efficiency Mazda RX8. I looked at both the MS3 and...
  12. N

GTI/GLI DSG Paddle Extenders

Sold - Thanks carchrism5!! There are various posts in this forum with reference to these extenders. They slip over the top of the stock paddle and use a set of allen screws to clamp in place. They look really good in the car and also provide added extension for ease of finger access to the...
  13. N

I shouldn't be surprised...

Having owned german cars for years and my latest GTI being my 15th VW I shouldn't be surprised that my 2 month old car with 2000 miles is already having issues. Specifically the DSG downshift paddle is not always functioning properly. Today it wouldn't respond at all and after clicking it a...
  14. N

Nissan Skyline

Just got a glimpse of a new Nissan Skyline on a car carrier headed to some lucky individual. Its the first one I have personally seen and it looked pretty mean with its twin nasa type hood ducts staring straight off the back of the truck carrier. I love German cars, but having owned a few...