GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. T

Suspension options

Ihave a dilemma, I need a trackable daily driver that can be driven on mountain roads during the winter so I don't want to lower the car from the stock R32 height. Currently I have Koni FSD + sways, which is an ok compromise, but with the recent power addition (supercharger) I think I would...
  2. T

Aftermarket hood vents?

Every time I pop the hood open it seems like the temperature under it is quite high. Are there any quality aftermarket vents that could be installed easily to reduce temperatures?
  3. T

TVS supercharger orderer

As there's talk about golf R420 coming to market I decided to immunize myself against it my ordering a Rotrex supercharger kit from TVS-engineering. Target horsepower is little over 400, I hope everything goes well :thumbsup:
  4. T

Any drawback to exceeding load rating of tires?

The minimum load-rating for R32 is 93, is there any benefit/drawback in going for a tire that is 95XL? Will the tire with the higher load rating be more resistant to sidewall damage and sidewall deflection?
  5. T

Loss of power due to dirty air-filter

...I just (finally) washed my EVOMS-filter for the 1st time and it was really dirty it seems. Minimum fuel-consumption at traffic lights went down about 25% - I wonder how much more power I gained over the full power-band? 10HP at redline I hope! :)
  6. T

USP Race pipe (with cats)?

What do you folks think of this, the gains seem quite incredible for the price in the R32-world (only 849$ WITH CATS)?? http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?6093065-USP-Motorsports-presents-MKV-R32-Race-Pipe-Pre-Order-SALE!!! ...the dyno-chart looks incredible, 10-15 AWHP over the whole...
  7. T

Anything to replace Koni FSD:s?

I've been very happy with my Koni FSD:s, they have been a good compromise my my uses (a DD, including track-duty, commuting on semi-shitty roads + taking a few ski-trips a year (on snow)). Lately I've noticed that the damping is not as good as it was and the car is bouncing two or more times...
  8. T

H&R Sways both on hard

1st impressions are very positive, there's a large difference in overall body-roll on the street and it seems like there's more grip available...how come people don't recommend this more often?? Front soft rear hard must be for autocross and doing donuts only! I hope this thing won't bite me in...
  9. T

How to calculate shift points from gear ratios?

I'm planning to do a DSG-flash to raise the top RPM to 7200. How do I calculate how this affects RPM after each upshift at the limiter?
  10. T

downsides to setting sways on hard on track?

Are there any? I would guess that the loss of traction at the limit becomes more abrupt?
  11. T

Exhaust manifold shot, my options?

I just received a call from the stealership, it seems that some part of my exhaust manifold is shot which has been causing a nasty rattling sound with low RPM lately. They recommended that I should change both the manifold and the cats and quoted some astronomical price around 3000€ for the fun...
  12. T

No dirty rims ever again!

This stuff is amazing!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPM8OR6W6WE
  13. T

ABS & ESP out?

It has now happened to me a couple of times that my car loses ABS and ESP when I accelerate hard through a tight curve. Losing ABS is a bitch as it's easy to lock the brakes. When this happens the ABS, ESP and tyre pressure (!) warning lights come on. Rebooting the car fixes the issue. To me...
  14. T

Kimi SPA 2012 overtake of Schumi

Good stuff: fcb5qFrPLFg
  15. T

Racing Tracks on Google Maps - thread

I'll start with Vallelunga, Italy...
  16. T

Driving in Russia

This clip scares me to no end: oFkw5JFOmHk :eyebulge:
  17. T

HPA 6-piston calipers??

Why six pistons? For bragging rights? Sounds like a bad design to me, I cannot fathom why one would need more than four in our cars...
  18. T

Track day with a single 60min session - how to deal with it?

The next track day at Vallelunga has in effect a single 60 minute session. I wonder what's the most clever way of dealing with it, I don't think the car can take 60 min of flat-out driving on the track, or at least the brakes and tires cannot. How should I approach this session? By driving 20...
  19. T

Ouninpohja Rally Stage (Rally Finland)

Arguably the most famous rally stage in the world: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMLbn4PmGes Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0xFXOB5EHc IMO this beats Nurburgwhat by about 100-0, for pro's only... BTW Kimi Räikkönen commented that rally is more interesting than F1 since rally...
  20. T

Haldex Gen2 Race Mode FTW!

I finally got a remote for the Gen2 Haldex - this thing rocks in Race-mode! :headbang: