GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

Move car without axles?

I'm doing some work on my car and pulled the axle (passenger side) and now I need to move the car a few feet and want to know if putting the car down on its own weight can damage the wheel bearing assembly?
  2. M

DIY: Crusie Control Stalk Repair

The Cruise Control stopped working on the car so I had it scanned by someone with a vagcom cable and this is what the scan reported. Address 16: Steering wheel Labels: 1K0-953-549-MY8.lbl Part No SW: 1K0 953 549 BD HW: 1K0 953 549 BD Component: J0527 036 0070...
  3. M

Used Clutch?

Anyone have a used clutch assembly lying around willing to sell? Toronto area.
  4. M

#10 polydrive socketm

Anyone have one I can buy/borrow for this long weekend. I was going to pick it up today from a tool shop but they left a nice store closed for Good Friday note on the door.
  5. M

Front Bumper Cover

Anyone know the difference between 1k0807217QGRU & 1k0807217AGRU? ECSTuning has 1k0807217AGRU available & my dealer has 1k0807217QGRU available. (Difference is the Q & A code in the part number).
  6. M

Identify Leak (Green)

So I noticed something green dripping behind the front passenger wheel and need help identifying it.
  7. M

VW Bristol Rims 18x8 ET48

Will these fit fine on our cars? Any possible problems with clearance, rubbing, etc? http://www.kijiji.ca/v-tires-rims/city-of-toronto/oem-volkswagen-18-rims-take-offs-like-new/597862781?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true Thanks,
  8. M

Dealer Parts (price march ECS)

There's a few parts I need to buy and was wondering if anyone knows a GTA dealer willing to sell at ECStuning prices. If not then I'll go through ECS. Thanks,
  9. M

time to replace tires

Its time to replace tires and would like feedback on which tire to choose. The car came with 18" Dunlops (sp sport 01; all seasons?) and I liked them overall. They take corners well, don't seem too noisy but they do skip a bit (wheel hop) when roads are wet. Any recommendations?
  10. M

el fishawy

So who likes their hookah? I see a bunch of mkv here right now
  11. M

Misfiring [CEL Diagnostics]

My car started (what seems like) misfiring yesterday and the CEL light also lit up. I called my dealer and they want $145 for diagnostics (to start). I know I don't come around the forum much but if anyone in the Toronto area with Vagcom who can help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it!
  12. M

Carbon Fiber Fenders

So I need to replace my driver side Fender and it turns out aftermarket fenders (CAPA certified) are at least $150 (VW one's are $240) and then it'll cost at least another $300 to have the fender painted. Since one fender is going to cost $450, I am thinking about picking up a pair of Siebon CF...
  13. M

VW Parts

Are there local VW part suppliers (GTA) who sell close to prices found on sites such as vwpartsdepartment.com & 1stvwparts.com? I need a new headlight, fender and maybe a bumper.
  14. M

Radiator Support Repair (glue)

What's everyone's opinion on repairing the radiator support? The entire part seems to be made out of plastic. I got into a fender bender and after dismantling the front, I noticed that part of the small extension arm had snapped as well. I'm thinking about using a plastic epoxy repair kit and...
  15. M

APR @ Railside Auto

So now that the APR Fully Loaded Stage1 sale is back... I'm thinking about getting my car flashed at Railside Auto (1345 Lawrence Ave E, Toronto). I spoke with Sam on the phone and he said it'll be $600 cash. I'm just looking for opinions on the shop, if anyone's been there before and can...
  16. M

Auxiliary Cabin Heater

The other day I was reading an article about factory aux cabin heaters for MY10 Corollas and just today I came across a random vdub fan site where the poster alleges we also have aux cabin heaters but are factory or dealer disabled. Anyone know much about this? Did VW decide to remove the...
  17. M

front door minor damage: won't open

So today my driver's door failed to open. Apparently ice is frozen between the body of the car and the door which has lead to a bent lower corner. Anyhow, I went straight to the dealership to show the damage and asked about warranty coverage. As it turn out, there's a recall/notice/bulletin...
  18. M

Key-out Headunit operation

I recently accidentally discovered that our headunits can be powered on after the key has been removed from the ignition. Now I'd like to know if there's a way to program to vehicle to keep the headunit operating after the key is removed. I'd love it if they can continue to operate after the...
  19. M

Hub Centric Rims... MUST or NOT?

Quick question for the gurus. How important is 'Hub Centric' for aftermarket rims? Of course no aftermarket rim can be hub centric, sine they're designed for multiple applications. Therefore I am assuming that it shouldn't be a major concern/safety issue if the rim is not 'hub centric'.
  20. M

(Winter) Boots & the Clutch

First post on this side of the forum (Quick Hello to everyone). Now that snow season has officially begun in Ottawa and while everyone is on the topic of winter tires, I need to get my feet into a set of boots compatible with the clutch of a GTI. So it seems the grooves on the bottom of my...