GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. timb

Timing belt slipped! Crap...

I started working on a timing belt replacement in my 2007 GTI today, but I ran into a(nother) small problem. Something broke off of the upper timing belt cover, unbeknownst to me, and fell into the tooth of the belt. As I was turning the crankshaft sprocket to get the camshaft to the TDC...
  2. timb

FS: FSI Engine Cover, Sirius Tuner, Heated Mirrors & SilverStar Bulbs

**Local Pickup Available in the Hampton Roads, VA Area** **(Will Also Ship)** FSI Engine Cover w/ Filter & Hoses --- $75 + Actual Shipping OEM Heated Mirrors --- $20 Shipped Sirius Tuner --- $20 Shipped Sylvania SilverStar H7 & 9006 Bulbs --- $20 Per Set, Shipped OEM Headlight Switch...
  3. timb

Charging your A/C with refrigerant grade propane; cooler, slightly more explosive!

Summer is coming, this means hot temperatures. Let's face it, the A/C system in most of our MKV GTIs is less than perfect. The compressors are inefficient and prone to flat out blowing up. The evaporators are small, the cooling fans smaller and to top it off it has to put up with heat soak...
  4. timb

TRMotorsports MT1 Wheels

Hadn't seen many pictures of these wheels on a GTI, so I thought I'd post a couple. Just installed them today; the build quality really seems top notch. TRMotorsports MT1 wheels in 17x8 with BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2 in 235/40ZR17 tires installed from Tire Rack.
  5. timb

Forge DV Install Pains

I went to install the Forge DV onto my MKV. One of the bolt holes stripped out, which was FANTASTIC FUN, let me tell you. The stock bolts are 6mm 1.0, so I got a tap and made it 7mm 1.0 and picked up a matching bolt at the hardware store. Seems simple enough, right? Unfortunately there was no...
  6. timb

Name this suspension!

Previous owner of the car told me he had some new suspension put on. Something or other from Neuspeed. Can anyone identify what was done via these pictures?
  7. timb

Lifting up a lowered car?

I recently bought a 2007 GTI. The previous owner put new suspension on it, however this lowered the car by a few inches. I'm now unable to get a floor jack underneath to raise it up. Short of a car lift, what are my options?