GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. KiwiKawaii

60k DSG fluid change

Hey everybody Sooo my car recently has just broke the 60k mark and it is time for the dreaded DSG fluid change. $_$ Any recommended dealer for this job or any local places that will do it cheaper? Thanks for the help.
  2. KiwiKawaii

Lease takeover '11 MK6 CSG GTI manual (GTA)

Hi everybody. My cousin is looking for somebody to take over his lease, and I'll just quote his post over at golfmk6.com For pictures of the car: http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22619 Thanks for looking. :smile:
  3. KiwiKawaii

rust on oil pan

Today I've realized the panel under the engine has fallen off or got lost somewhere and there is a bit of rust on the oil pan from rock chips etc. I have a TSI engine so the oil pan is steel not aluminum like on the FSI. Should I be concerned with this or will it be fine? Thanks
  4. KiwiKawaii

DG springs rubbing during trackday

Hello everybody I've recently went to a trackday event with my new tires and I've noticed that my wheels would sometimes rub, this is also when its raining so I'm worried it'll be worse in the dry. Current setup on my car is: -Dunlop Direzza Z1* (225/40R18 on Huffs) -DriverGear springs -Stock...
  5. KiwiKawaii

HP+ pads grooves on rotor?

Hello everybody I've recently installed HP+ pads for front and rear on my car about a week ago. Bedded them once and I have about 450 miles on them. I noticed that the rears and front left rotor all have a single groove or ring about 1 inch from the edge. Is this normal for these pads? Thanks.
  6. KiwiKawaii

TSI engine ticking sound and using coolant

I have a TSI engine in my 09 GTI and recently I noticed my engine is making a ticking sound at operating temperature. It's a higher pitch tick then the direct injection sound and I've also noticed the coolant level has gone down from right between max and min to the min level. The engine doesn't...
  7. KiwiKawaii

decal

Been thinking of putting a Shoshinsha decal on the front bumper to cover up the light dent I got a short while back. Anybody know any good places that sell it? I've seen quite a bit of jdm cars have it here and I think it looks good. :smile: Also tried looking for some euro decals but they...
  8. KiwiKawaii

A great way to celebrate the ending of May is...

to rear end somebody. :frown: -The hood isn't flush anymore -The honeycomb grille is all cracked to shit -Area beside the rub strip is dented Good thing the other driver isn't hurt and his car doesn't seem to be in too bad shape. Fuck brake flush and track days and car meets now. fml
  9. KiwiKawaii

Place for brake flush?

Fuk this
  10. KiwiKawaii

Rare Volt

Today on Steeles ave. near P-mall I've spotted a Chevy Volt with disguised bumpers. :happyanim: I know this is a Vdub forum, but its my first time seeing pre-production vehicles doing real world testing. :biggrin:
  11. KiwiKawaii

a dumb thread

http://www.407etr.com/ that red car near the top right looks very familiar... :bellyroll:
  12. KiwiKawaii

Changing brake fluid

The OEM brake fluid got boiled last time I went on track so this year I've got some Motul RBF600. Just that there's something I want to clear up before changing the fluid. Since the old fluid is boiled, how should I change the fluid to make sure none of the old stuff is mixed in with the new...
  13. KiwiKawaii

LC & redline

Recently tried out launch control on my car and I just want to know if its ok for the engine to hover around redline? I used launch control around 2k rpm, then floored it and kept it there until about 3 gear. The rpm jumped up to about 7k and stayed around 6.8k rpm in first gear until it...
  14. KiwiKawaii

Replacing boiled brake fluid with new

I've just got 2 bottles of motul rbf600 brake fluid for my car. I've went to track two times last year and the oem fluid got boiled and now my pedal is soft and squishy. I have some questions on changing the fluid. Do I need to flush out the old fluid or something first before putting in the...
  15. KiwiKawaii

303 aerospace clearance at Crappy Tires

Saw this at another forum and I'd thought I'll share with everybody here. The Crappy Tires near Eglinton and Warden is having a clearance on 303 aerospace protectant. :thumbup: Its selling for $4.88 while original price is $9.xx, but theres only the small bottles. Bought 2 yesterday, I...
  16. KiwiKawaii

Engine oil overfill?

Took the car in for an oil change at the dealership today. I brought my own Motul oil 5L bottle for them to change it. Afterward they gave me the empty bottle with nothing left in it and I asked how much oil was put it. He told me all 5L. I thought our engines hold about 4.7L or 5 quarts...
  17. KiwiKawaii

catback & aerodynamics?

I've thinking about the aftermarket catback exhaust and one question baffles me. On the stock exhaust, the rear muffler is very wide and spans almost from the left to the right side of the car. For most aftermarket exhaust I've seen most of them decide to delete the rear muffler or some put...
  18. KiwiKawaii

Where to get alignment?

Should I get an alignment at the dealer or at some outside shop? Is there a difference in price or quality of work? Also I'm getting this vibration in the front of the car and the steering wheel when braking moderately. I'm not sure what is causing it, but could it be because of the alignment...
  19. KiwiKawaii

Exhaust tip issue (not your usual carbon buildup)

I'm having these pitting or etched spots on my exhaust tip as shown in the picture below. (Cleaned with Brasso already) Is there anyway of fixing it?? (Although I highly doubt it, looks like its permanent...) :frown::cry:
  20. KiwiKawaii

Installing suspension?

I've been thinking of installing my suspension and also change back from winters to Huffs. :happyanim: Hopefully the shop won't charge me extra to change the wheels since their going to be taking them off anyways. Having to pay $30 just to switch wheels is :thumbdown:. I think I'm going to...