GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. N

Tiptronic to DSG gear/shift knob change?

Hi All, I have just purchased a DSG knob to replace a non-dsg , tiptronic knob. In short, I want to change this: to this: The button on the first stick is on the side, whereas the button on the new one is at the back. Will this even be possible? :( Any help would be very gratefully...
  2. N

Wheel advice.

I'm currently running stock 15" alloys on my 1.6 FSI (Rabbit) The car drives lovely, plenty quick for my current budget & insurance group. I've found some 17" Classix on eBay, which i'm planning on collecting tommorow. Will the wheels negatively impact my acceleration/handling at all? I'll...
  3. N

Valeo LED tails & Pressed plates!

Had a MKV for about 4 years, Resisted the urge to mod.. until now! :-) Firstly, german style pressed metal plates with super bright LED lights! Then Valeo rear LED tail clusters that I picked up from eBay.de! (Swapping the lenses from fog light / reverse was fun!) and my next mod is...
  4. N

Dial Sweeping/Staging

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHJTs_VfI1M Can anyone confirm if this mod is possible with VAG-COM on our MK5's Thanks!
  5. N

12v switched source in rear for backup cam

Hi there, I have installed a reversing camera but I am trying to find a 12v source that switches on and off with key, does anyone know anywhere I can find one? The manual specifies reverse light but as the camera is selected using can-bus it can happily switch itself over to the right input...
  6. N

agghhh :(

Just went round a tight bend and clipped a low wall... Gutted :( dented sill that needs to be replaced :cry:
  7. N

Shift knob replacement?

I have a 1.6 rabbit(golf fsi) with a bog standard auto gear shifter with the side button Is there anyway I can swap it over for the ed 30 auto DSG gearstick? I cant see that the ed30 gearstick has a 'button' so maybe this would be a problem?
  8. N

identify random peice of car from part number?

Er ok so i was cleaning my car today and I noticed there was something that looked like a toy x-wing fighter in the rear passenger footwell on closer inspection it appears to be part of the driver seat or armrest but ive poked and prodded and cant find a suitable home for it.. :-( Anyone...
  9. N

Could someone take photos of their 1.6FSI Engine bay?

I have noticed some of my pipes are cracked on my 1.6FSI, at the front of the engine there's a large air-in pipe which is cracked and not attached to anything, and there's a smaller one to the right which attaches to the engine cover which is just dangling and not connected to anything and i...
  10. N

What oil to get?

Got a 1.6FSI automatic on a 55plate, what oil do i need? :( Castrol recommend 'EDGE 5W-30' which is £45 Is this correct? Should i get castrol or some cheaper alternative? Thanks!
  11. N

Rear wiper sprayer?

Recently I got my car back after a shunt, and the rear wiper isnt working properly. When i spray it just sprays everywhere instead of a jet. I took the cap off the end of the wiper and there's just a hole :/ can someone take the cap off their wiper and take a picture so i can see what's missing...
  12. N

Front bumper refit

Just thought i'd share my excitement in refitting my front bumper. before ^ during ^ after ^ :D
  13. N

auto gearbox rattle?

The other day when i started my 05 1.6 automatic golf(rabbit) it made a bit of a rattling/grinding sound for a second which put me on edge, but after driving around for a bit with the stereo off and the windows open I find that everytime im at the low rev end of a gear and i put my foot very...
  14. N

You know it's time to sell your rabbit when...

You're beaten in a race by a VOLVO :(. It was an old one too. Fat exhaust and that, I left him for dead at the lights and then a few seconds later he passed me :(. Sorry guys :cry:
  15. N

What do the buttons/lights do/mean ? :)

Just bought a golf and am dying to know what some of the less self explanatory buttons do, but dont have a handbook yet, So without furthur a-do... There's a button on the rear view mirror which turns on a light, what does that do? There's 2 buttons on the side pillar, one with a car on tow...
  16. N

SRS activated on front seatbelts :-(.

Just bought a MKV in a cat D write off condition in the hopes of doing it up. Everything is mechanically sound on the car, but the only annoyance (and thing i possibly cant fix myself) are that the SRS seatbelts have deployed, pulling them right into the pillar and they wont come out. Would i...