GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Spirit

Need Help (on a Sunday) with Reading the Check Engine Light Code

I am on a long drive from Tucson, AZ to Montréal, Québec. My car decided to throw a CEL today, when nothing is open. I will be driving out from Topeka, KS momentarily onwards to St Louis, MO today, passing by Kansas City. (I have a set date to cross the border because I am exporting and...
  2. Spirit

New to Boston/Cambridge

I just moved here from Toronto for grad school. I am loving the city (or, shall I say, cities). I love the driving even more! I guess I was cut out to be a Masshole. :biggrin: Now, I have several questions that I cannot seem to answer by doing a search here. 1. Where are the mod-friendly...
  3. Spirit

Door Rattling while driving

Both of my '08 2-door GTI's doors rattle while driving. The sound is coming from behind me at the B-pillar, right where the rubber seal on the body meets the inner painted part of the door. I found that there is a small gap between the seal and the door at the middle of the curvature (i.e. the...
  4. Spirit

Scale Model of GTI bigger than 1:32

... preferrably 1:18. Anyone knows who makes them and where can I get one? I always like to find models of cars that I drive. :biggrin: All the ones I found on eBay are WAYYY too small.
  5. Spirit

Yet Another Warranty Question, but a bit different

First, a disclaimer: I know nothing can technically void the warranty, and I know that it's really a case-by-case issue. However, I have the following question: Even the owner's manual's warranty section implies that if all maintenance is done properly, everything should be OK. Now, say, I want...
  6. Spirit

Oil in Greater Toronto Area (North-East, Markham, Richmond Hill)

I've done a search, but found no satisfactory answer. I have come to an understanding that both Mobil 1 5W40 and Motul 5W40 (or 0W40?) are approved by VW 502 00. I know that Castrol Synth seems to be OK as well, but I generally avoid Castrol Synths. The problem is, I can't seem to find any Can...
  7. Spirit

VAG-COM Help in York Region and Toronto area?

I did a search, and there was a post about a VAG-COM meet, but it was last year. I am new to VW; I just picked up my '08 GTI less than a month ago. I've read up somewhat, and decided that I would like to enable my "Flash to Pass" lights, as well as the option to open the windows with the...