GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. C

soooo i made a switch. dub has treated me well...

so i sold my gti and got a new ride. i bought a 2008 honda s2000 with 20k miles. goodbye vw :frown: i got a little teary eyed when i gave the dub away. but i love the new car! and i am very happy with my purchase.
  2. C

Determine cam?

since your car is an 08 im just going to assume you have the newer cam.
  3. C

immobilizer active?

so i run to publix (our grocery store here in miami,) to get some food and beers as i was having people over my apt for the superbowl. i got everything and i get back to my car and unlock it and turn it on as usual, and then it just dies.:iono: and "immobilizer active" shows up on my mfd. so im...
  4. C

weird vacuum issue?

so I have this weird vacuum issue... When I am at a stop light with my foot on the brake my vacuum holds at ~15. But when i am cruising driving normally and take my foot off the brake and im just coasting, my vacuum stays steady at ~22. any ideas?
  5. C

Halloween?

Whats everyone being? I'm trying to think of something really original.
  6. C

christmas is coming up... ideas for what to get the gf...

lol im really bad at stuff like this. any suggestions? i was going to buy her those ugg boots but now i found out her family is getting those for her.
  7. C

WARNING! low oil pressure. turn off engine immidiately

So i got one of these warnings. I put the car in neutral immidiately and coasted onto the shoulder. I stooped the car immidiatley and turned the motor off... a minute after contemplating what to do. I tried to turn the car back on again. It started roughly but it got going and the warning...
  8. C

my baby vs. volvo c30

So my mods are in my sig. The c30 has an intake and nothing else (except for a defi gauge.) run #1: I dropped down to 3rd gear going about 40 mph, i dont know what he was doing. I gave the 3 honks and off the bat i jumped on him, by around 60 or 70 i had a car length on him pulling away super...
  9. C

my boy bashing vw...

so one of my fraternity brothers keeps bashing my vw gti and he drives a volvo c30... what insults could i throw at him and his car? its all in good fun of course i just want to completely own him and shut him up...
  10. C

exhaust question?

so i already dropped my resonator. It sounds cool but i want it to be a little louder. I was thinking about dropping the suitcase muffler and putting a magnaflow muffler in its place or something. wouldn't this also have a performance increase as well as give me a little louder/more aggressive...
  11. C

nissan nismo 350z?

so some kid came up to my room earlier and claimed that a nismo 350z can run 13.5 in the quarter mile stock? i found that hard to believe. what do u guys think?
  12. C

just got my mech unit replaced... still problems?

So i just got my mech unit replaced and i still get rough shifts... no more jerking in reverse or gears being dropped though. I just get rough shifts. its really bugging me. what do i do now?
  13. C

so... many... snails...

http://www.mjmturbos.com/Graveyards.htm how about some turbos?
  14. C

very happy with douglas vw in summit new jersey

they took care of me today. went in for my 20k service and told them about my rough/clunky/shitty shifts of my dsg, and my ipod interface broke. they are replacing it all for free under warranty:happyanim: about 3000 dollars in parts for me, and they didnt give me any hassle because i was modded...
  15. C

solving the cam follower issue?

why havent any tuning companies tried to solve the cam follower issue? What is the cam follower made of? why doesnt any tuning companies look into making a stronger, harder one or something?
  16. C

question about vacuum

hey guys my car has a little more vacuum then -20hg. it usually runs around 23-24hg when the engine is warm. and my boost spikes are at like 22-23. is this bad. am i over boosting? too much vacuum?
  17. C

Gum on my floor!!!!

One of my dipshit friends had gum on their shoe and got in my back seat and now the gum is stuck to the felt on the floor!!!!!!!!! WTF:mad0259::mad0259:!! how do i get this off without fucking up the felt????
  18. C

boost problems

my car will not get out of vacuum. i can hear the turbo and i know it is not a blown dv because i have the dv blockoff for the bsh dv relocate kit. i checked for boost leaks, and i replaced my boost line today. i know i have the line coming out of the riht place, i hae the bsh vtwin running both...
  19. C

k&n recharge kit?

can i use it on my evoms filter?
  20. C

coming back

hey guys i dont know if any of you remember me but im coming back into the vw world!!! i finally raised enough money and should have my car shipped down here by march. I go to school in south florida and havent had my car since september. I got a job and finally will have the money to ship it...