GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Elixxur

Selling 3 R32 Rims w/ Tires

Hey All! I got rid of the R32 this past weekend and am selling my stock 3 rims with Pirelli Tires. The fourth one was damaged in a stupid pothole back in 08. These rims are flawless, and were only on the car for four months. The rim alone costs 595 at a Stealership, I 250 a rim+tire. If you want...
  2. Elixxur

R32 MKV or S2K?

I recently learned how to drive stick and realized it's so much more fun than a semi-auto or auto. So now I'm looking to ditch the R32 for a car that has a manual tranny. My 08 R32 has 24k mi on it, so it's not driven often thanks to my wife's car. I am thinking about trading it for a S2000. Has...
  3. Elixxur

ECU Upgrade places?

I want to upgrade my ECU w/ an APR 3.2L ECU Upgrade. (http://www.goapr.com/products/ecu_upgrade_mkvr32.html#ecupurchase) Anyone try any of the places here in IL? Recommend any? I don't wanna get screwed in the exhaust with this so thought I'd ask here first ^_^
  4. Elixxur

R32 MKV - Looking to buy a CAI any for sale?

Looking to buy a CAI for sale are there any out there? On a side note is it me or is it really hard to navigate to see what's for sale for a R32 when R32, GTI and Rabbit are all in the same pool. I think this should be organized a tad better. Maybe each car have their own classifieds for Buy...
  5. Elixxur

Abarth

I'm thinking abt getting rid of my R32 for an Abarth. Anyone else have or drive one yet? Ga$ is getting ridic and this awd is killing my wallet. Plus the Abarth can be modded and made to be pretty stupid fast.
  6. Elixxur

Replacing tail bulbs rant

I just had to rant about replacing tail light turn signal bulbs on the R32 is such a pita. You have to remove the housing in order to replace it! Ugh on my 2k1 Maxima all I had to do was take out the bulb and replace, so easy. WTF VW?! :fighting0030: k that's it.
  7. Elixxur

Selling R32 stuff and 2 subs.

Hey guys since it'd be easier to sell this stuff to peeps who live in my area rather than spend money on a box and shipping, check out my link. http://golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159878 Someone buy this stuff or else I'm tossing it. k tanx ^_^
  8. Elixxur

Selling stock R32 stuff and a Sub

I'm selling my 3 R32 stock rims (the 4th one was damaged thanks to a pothole, I can include it for free tho). They've been in my mum's garage for the last 3yrs and now she wants me to get rid of em, asking 300 (100 a piece). Also selling the stock R32 Exhaust, it's also sitting in her garage...
  9. Elixxur

FL Spotted

Spotted a R32 MKIV in Miami during my honeymoon on Sept 10th. Was near Dolphin Mall.
  10. Elixxur

Got my R32 MKV Detailed by the stealership today

Hey Guys, Wanted to share some pics with you all. Had my car detailed today by the stealership for my wedding this coming sat. I'll toss up a pic of the )( later, will toss up more when it's decorated for teh wedding :P My mods include 18inch enkei rims, GHL Exhaust 2.5", euro front...
  11. Elixxur

Sure is quiet...

Dang it's been hella quiet in this area! Anyone still alive? It's summer why don't we do something VWish and maybe do a bbq or something festive in IL?
  12. Elixxur

Anyone have this exhaust? Costs 4k!!!!

http://kreissieg.ocnk.net/product/344 Looks and sounds so badass, but 4k!? GTFOH!
  13. Elixxur

Worth Selling Now?

Is it worth selling the R32 now since the resale value is pretty high still? I think it'll not be worth as much once the new R comes to US shores. My car has 21k miles on it and it has been sitting in my mom's garage for the last eight months. I moved to a dense area that is unforgiving on...
  14. Elixxur

Ricers are Dumbasses

So I saw this vid on youtube a while back about some guy who crapped out a Prelude. I was bored so left a comment on his vid. Now it blew up into a discussion about the R32. I just found it funny how these kids have no knowledge of the R32. http://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=HiVB42LF3fU...
  15. Elixxur

Idle at 1000 rpm

It's strange, my R32 has been revving itself up to 1000 rpm (sometimes the line goes a little above the 1000 mark) when I am idle (at a stop light for example). It happens both when I have the air on and off. Only mod is an exhaust and it did it before the exhaust too. It seems like it's...
  16. Elixxur

Going to AU in a few days..

Hey I am going to be in southern Australia, (Sydney, Melbourne and maybe Kangaroo Island) in the next few days. Leaving on Wed till the 20th of June. What is the weather like there this time of year? Do I need a heavy jacket? I am currently living in Chicago where the weather reaches -18c in the...
  17. Elixxur

WTB DBP R32 Eyelids

If anyone has em sell em to me! LMK on the price and ship to 60614!
  18. Elixxur

Driving R32 through Canada

I haven't been on here in a while, but back in April of 09 I drove my R32 through Toronto and Niagara Falls, it's funny at how many people took pics of my car and waved. Most were non VW owners too! Has anyone else experienced this with their R32?
  19. Elixxur

WTB Modded PSP 2000

So I had a modded PSP tonight till for some reason it became a paperweight. Mine was one of the first ones that came out, had a fellow co-worker mod it while I was a game tester. Now it's dead so I'm looking to buy a semi-newer one in good condition that's modded. Anyone have one?
  20. Elixxur

Fletcher Jones VW sucks!!!

So I took my R32 in for that gas valve recall. They fixed it and everything came out fine mechanically (so far). Well whenever I take my car there they always ask if I want a car wash and I always say no since their car wash is the auto ones with the rubber thingys. Those things are known to...