GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

mk5 GTI wont start

So the car wouldnt start at all to begin with, once I replaced these fuses it started. But it stalls every time due to fuel pressure problems after that, at least what I think is fuel pressure issues. So I only had to replace those fuses once.
  2. S

mk5 GTI wont start

Sorry the car is 2008 GTI, FSI. The fuses I replaced were in the fuse box next to the battery.
  3. S

mk5 GTI wont start

I will say to get the car started I had to replace fuse 3, 47,48. That's the only way it started. But other than that there were no other fuses blown that I know of.
  4. S

mk5 GTI wont start

Update: I installed a new FPCM a generic one from amazon i drove a few blocks and had the same results as before, the cars throttle stops doing anything, and the car stalls. With this FPCM it would stall more frequently but it would start up immediately afterwords vs the genuine FPCM where it...
  5. S

mk5 GTI wont start

Thank you for the info, I pulled these codes just now after I somehow got it running again, but it did the same thing as before, I have that control module coming in tomorrow to replace it, it doesnt appear melted or broken but I ordered it for the sake of testing. It drove for 15 miles then...
  6. S

mk5 GTI wont start

To start off, I tuned the car to unitronic stage 1+, 2 weeks later the car turned off and i had to wait 30minutes to an hour to start it back up? It happened 2 more times then gave up. It threw p0089 so I replaced the lpfp and now the HPFP. The CEL, EPC, steering wheel light are all on. The car...
  7. S

2008 2.0L moneyshift

Will do, im taking it to a shop (god forbid the cost) to do a inspection of the engine. I know my stuff but I want it done right, thanks for the information!
  8. S

2008 2.0L moneyshift

It does drive over 30, it has extreme power loss, and no I didnt drive it after finding out the severity of the situation. Also the smoke that came out of the exhaust was black, so it couldve been oil or because it was getting too much fuel, either way the biggest possible damage would still be...
  9. S

2008 2.0L moneyshift

So the other day I bought a 2008 2L turbo and money shifted it like a total noob, it revved way past 8k, It still starts but is ticking very badly. The previous owner had a catch can installed that was filled with Oil and coolant. Blew oil out the exhaust, there is some oil in the wastegate as...