GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. D

Headunit Suggestions (nav, Sirius)

I am looking for a headunit. I want to be able to get in-dash nav and sirius. Which are some good choices for an OEM-look?
  2. D

WTB: Leather GTI or R32 Seats

I am looking for leather seats for my GTI. I would either be willing to buy the whole interior or swap if you are interested in my plaid seats. I would add cash to that deal of course. I am in the DC/Baltimore area. Willing to drive 150 miles.
  3. D

EVOMS V-Flow Intake

I bought this off of ebay and never got around to installing it. I don't expect to get to it any time soon so I'd rather sell it. It is in excellent condition. However, some install hardware is missing. I was quoted $5 for what appears to be missing or $36 for everything direct from EVOMS. I am...
  4. D

How do you get gains from Meth Kits?

I understand that meth (aka washer fluid) injection reduces charge temps and increases effective octane. I ran a progressive meth kit on the GTP for about 2 years before I got my GTI and the way it worked with my GTP was I went to a smaller supercharger pulley (more boost) and used a the O2 and...
  5. D

WTB: DV, Downpipe, Suspension stuff, FMIC...just have a look :-)

Upgrade time and I am looking for the following items: Forge DV AWE Downpipe w/ Cat (metal or ceramic is fine) Koni Yellow Struts Eibach Sportline Springs Possibly a FMIC Vent Boost Gauge (AWE or I think there is another one out there...can't recall the brand). IM me if you have something...
  6. D

Help Me Select The Right Supension

I want a suspension that will give me improved handling and less body roll. It needs to be daily drive-able, but still capable for occasional track duty. My budget is $1000 not including install. Others have suggested the Koni Yellow Struts and Eibach Sportline Springs. I would also consider...
  7. D

Brake Fluid Questions

What brake fluid is best for a daily driver that will see limited auto-x, maybe a track day or two, and driving the twisties? And how much fluid do I need to do a complete flush?
  8. D

Putting Together a List of Upgrades - Comments Appreciated

Ok, so I am going to spend some money on the GTI and I'd like to get comments back on my list of planned upgrades. For Sure: Tyrol Bushings Hawk HPS Pads SS Lines Koni Cup Kit AWE Downpipe Forge DV Stage2 (already have stage1 installed) Rear Sway Bar TOTAL: ~$1950 (not installed) That Price...
  9. D

Big Turbo Questions

I am thinking of going BT and I have some questions. 1) What is the typical install cost? 2) Which kit is the best way to go for a combo of power and every day drivability?
  10. D

GTI headrest?

I am looking at GLI leather seats on Ebay (I assume they are the same as GTI/R32 seats), but I want GTI headrests. Is there any way to get these aftermarket?
  11. D

Putting Leather Seats Into A PKG1? Seat Heaters?

I am looking at buying leather seats off of ebay to replace my plaid seats. What does it take to make the heat work on these seats? Thanks.
  12. D

WTT: My 08 Plaid + Ca$h for your Leather Seats

I am in Columbia, MD. I'd like to swap my perfect plaid seats + $700 (or) for leather seats. Or I guess I could buy seats if you have some for sale.
  13. D

Trying to Decide Between two S2000's

I know this is a VW forum, but there are lots of car guys here... For a little background, I owned an S2000 for about two years before trading it in on the GTI and now i really miss it. I am now looking for a replacement. I have my choices narrowed down to two. Both cars are owned by S2ki...
  14. D

FS: EVOMS V-Flow Intake

Bought lightly used a few months back and never installed. Comes with all install hardware. $220 shipped OBO
  15. D

Eurojet Seats With Plaid & Other Questions

Has anyone bought or made Eurojet seats with plaid fabric? I would really like to get a pair of eurojet seats for the front of the car, but I want them to match the back seats. So has anyone ever put plaid inserts on the fabric eurojet seats? Also, when using these seats, can you still use the...
  16. D

Someone Vadalized The Car...Question

Someone vandalized my fiance's car. We just noticed it now, but it could have been Saturday night or last night. She either left it unlocked or they somehow opened it but there was so sign of damage to the door or lock mechanism (for reference her car is an 07 beetle). The made a small hole in...
  17. D

$2000 To Spend on Upgrades

I was going to take about $4000 and put it down on buying a 2nd car, but I have decided saving for a house right now is more important. However, I have a little bit of a mod bug right now and I want to get a few things for the car, so I figured I'd take half of the down payment money and put it...
  18. D

Gains for just a Downpipe

I am going to be installing a downpipe this spring, are there immediate gains or do I have to go Stage2? I will get the stage2 flash without question (already have stage1, so only costs the labor), but I just want to know if when I roll out of the garage, will I feel a difference?
  19. D

Placing a German Flag Badge

I want to place a german flag badge opposite the "GTI" badge on the rear hatch. What method do you guys suggest using to make sure everything lines up?
  20. D

Haldex AWD System

The other R32 vs GTI thread got me wondering how about the AWD system in the R32 works and how it can be modified. Under normal driving conditions, is the power split evenly or is most (or all) of the power going to the front wheels? Under straight line acceleration, is power transfered aft...