GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. F

FS: 2008 2DR DSG GTI in Chicagoland Area

Here are the details: -Located in Aurora, IL (Chicagoland area) -2008 2 Door GTI with DSG -Tornado Red -Cloth seats -Ipod connector -18" Huffs -38,000 Miles -APR Stage 1 (Includes 93 octane and stock tune) -Stock resonator removed (I still have it and will include it in case you decide you want...
  2. F

Maybe I should look into some engine mounts...

So the other day I'm just driving around, doing some errands. I noticed early in the day that there seems to be some extra vibrations while accelerating that I've never felt before, but didn't think too much of it. Well, as I'm driving down the street about a mile from my house, the car starts...
  3. F

Weird Substance Under Oil Cap

So about a week ago I checked my oil, noticed it was bit low, so I remove the oil cap to add some and this is what I find. In total, there was probably around 1/4 cup of it. I cleaned all that I could out, added the oil, and have been driving the car since. I looked on the forums, and it...
  4. F

Friend is looking to buy a car, need help!

My friend is looking to buy a used car for about $15-$17k, has to be automatic, 4 door, and he wants something that is a little sporty, what do you guys suggest?
  5. F

First AutoX tomorrow, need some last minute help

I'm getting my GTI ready for my first AutoX tomorrow! I was just wondering what PSI i should run on my stock Dunlop A/S tires. I've seen a couple threads saying 40psi front and 38psi rears, does this sound right? Also is there anything else I should do before I race?
  6. F

Need Help With Detail!

Okay guys I need to order some detailing stuff and I need some help. First off I've never detailed a car in my life. I've washed and waxed plenty, but none of the clay bar, polishing stuff. I would really like to do a detail on my GTI (I already have swirls after 4 months :mad0259: ) but I...
  7. F

Which mods to do first

Okay guys I need some help choosing what to do in what order. Put these in order of what you would do first to last and why. Coilovers Body Kit (New Rear, Front and painting side skirts) Chip Exhaust Intake Intercooler (Is this even worth it?) Wheels Sound System
  8. F

My first pics!

Finally some pics of my car. First time taking pics of a car, i used a crappy point and shoot until I can get a decent DSLR. What do you think? Also, I plan on doing cosmetics first, the black pastic has got to go! I'm thinking R32 rear, color matched sides, and votex front. Do you guys...
  9. F

Looking to upgrade, need some help

I love my GTI, but i'm not too impressed with the stock sound system. I'm looking to upgrade it, but not sure on what to do. Changing the head unit is pretty much out of the question, I really don't want to do it. But I would like to add a sub, but don't want to waste half or all of my trunk...
  10. F

Trouble with side skirts...

Got my GTI a week ago, and a couple days ago I noticed that on the right side skirt, the part closest to the back end on the top is detached from the car a bit. You can push it and pull it and it will come off more or go against the car but will go back to the position it was originally. Should...
  11. F

Question about monster mats

I got my GTI yesterday, and it came with monster mats. However, when I got the car I didn't pay too much attention and eventually found out that they just put the monster mats on top of the summer ones, and they weren't clipped or held on in any way. I took the summer mats off and try to clip...
  12. F

Spotted: MkV GTI 2 door in naperville/aurora IL

just today i saw a GTI that was either white, silver, or gray, it was really dark so i couldnt tell. I do know that he had aftermarket fogs, they were the same color as the headlights, and it had black hufs or denvers, anyone on here? Oh and i saw him on Montgomery road in Aurora.
  13. F

Looking at GTI's

Well I turned 16 about a month ago, and am in the market for my first car. I have basically got it down to either a new 2008 GTI 4dr or a certified used Audi A3. I have test driven both cars, and like them both a lot, as they are very similar cars. So now i have a couple questions that should...