GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. RHCPCraze

Steering issue

Hi all, I am having an issue with my steering. When moving the steering wheel slightly back and forth a clunk is heard from the steering. The car has 9K on the clock and this is a new noise that wasnt present before. I put the car on the lift and checked the front end for play. All ball joints...
  2. RHCPCraze

Just installed my DP, stage 2 software question

Just installed my ATP dp. I am chipped APR, currently stage 1 software. Most people on the forums say that a DP alone does not gain much without the stage 2 software upgrade. When i first took the car out after the install I felt A HELL of a difference. Turbo spools a lot quicker and the car...
  3. RHCPCraze

Question for those who lease and perform their own maintenance.

Have you done your own maintenance on previous leases as well? When you were turning the car in at the end of the lease term did the dealership ask you for the service records, if yes then what did you present them with. I am leasing, and do maintenance myself, hopefully my car will never see a...
  4. RHCPCraze

Quarter mile predition

Anyone know what a stage 2+ car with full boltons is capable of running in the 1/4? fuel pump, fmic, w/m, appropriate software, pulley, intake, full exhaust, slight weight reduction and drag radials. Curious if anyone has run a car with this set up.
  5. RHCPCraze

Stage 2 question

Currently stage 1, have been for the last 5K. So far my pcv and dv haven't failed me, i drive the car hard. APR, spike to about 23 psi, no issues with the car. Ordered a downpipe, going to install and upgrade software next week. How long do you guys think i have on the stock DV before it needs...
  6. RHCPCraze

Window Tinting

Has anyone tinted their own windows? Pics?
  7. RHCPCraze

Forge Spacer question.

Oil residue on my forge spacer is a sign of what? You the entire spacer is covered in the residue, a heavier coating is found inside the holes of the spacer. Thanks in advance
  8. RHCPCraze

A few DP questions.

Hey all, i have a couple of downpipe questions. Firstly will a catless dp throw a check engine light with Stage 2 software by APR? Secondly is the difference between stages 1 and 2 drastic?? When i got chipped to stage 1 it made the car completely different. Stage 1 as compared to stock is night...
  9. RHCPCraze

Vehicle damage, in need of assitance

I park my car in the outdoor parking lot in my building. There are trees that hang over the parking lot. Last night we had a slight storm here in NY a big branch broke off a tree and came down on my car. My drivers fender is dented and my hood is scratched and dented in several locations. Has...
  10. RHCPCraze

Resonator delete price in brooklyn

Whats a reasonable price to pay for a resonator delete in brooklyn and who would you recommend?
  11. RHCPCraze

Question in regards to a very odd part on my car.

I was installing my forge spacer yesterday, it was the first time i have been underneath my car. I noticed that on the front left and rear left corners I have height sensors. Does anyone have any idea why the GTI's have height sensors?
  12. RHCPCraze

Having an issue with my radio.

For some reason when the car has been on for a while and the cabin is warm my radio display gets really hot, not completely abnormal, what is abnormal however is that when it gets hot the display seems to fade. Its doesn't get dim, but kinda fades, sometimes to the point where its almost hard to...
  13. RHCPCraze

E-town wednesday march 26

Looks like wednesday its going to be 50F or so, perfect weather for the track. Anyone going? I dont have to wear a helmet at E-town unless i can run quicker the 14.00 right?
  14. RHCPCraze

very odd boost numbers

I just installed my new south boost gauge, gauge reads 0 right on the dot with car off, and 20 in hg at idle, so i know the gauge is working just fine. I am chipped stage 1 APR. My gauge will spike 24-25 psi in 3rd and hold at about 20psi. do these numbers seem kinda high to anyone?
  15. RHCPCraze

A few new additions to the GTI. lots of pics

the weather finally permitted, so i installed my eyelids, tinted the tails and put in the smoked side markers. The tints didnt come out too bad. I used the precut window tint from ebay. Some flaws are noticeable up close, but from a distance the tail lights look really good, imo anyway. '...
  16. RHCPCraze

Placement of the V-Twin question

Which hose does the V-twin plug inline with? Do you install the V-twin at either end of said hose, or cut the hose somewhere in the middle and plug V-twin in?
  17. RHCPCraze

stage 1 apr 6mt 1/4mile ?

Any stage 1 cars breaking into the 13's with a 6mt?
  18. RHCPCraze

Where is my diverter valve?

I have a MY2008 GTI, is my diverter valve remote mounted or turbocharger mounted?? Thanks
  19. RHCPCraze

Anyone need a clutch yet?

I am wondering if anyone has done a clutch on their cars yet, not due to beating the piss out of the car, or a manufacturers defect. I have an 08 gti, currently 1500 miles. Naturally a clutch is designed to last the life of the car, but we all know thats not always the case, it always depends on...
  20. RHCPCraze

Where to get Rabbit badges?

I want to remove my GTI badge from the back of the car and instead put on the rabbit/2.5 badge. Anyone have a clue as to what it would cost?