GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. paNX2K&SE-R

South of the Border

That my good man is a Tsuru. Their GSR 2000 did have a factory SR20 in it but much like our SE-R it only came in the 2 door.
  2. paNX2K&SE-R

South of the Border

Cool pictures, that looks like an interesting place to visit.
  3. paNX2K&SE-R

MS Office Alternatives

I've been using open office for years and it works well for me.
  4. paNX2K&SE-R

GOLFMKX2022 - We Survived The Apocalypse Tail Of The Dragon Meet

Yeah I agree Jake 16 is a great road, and definitely less traveled than 129. As I have mentioned before there are several other 'must drive' roads in the BOTD area that are also very, very good as well. I average 5000+ miles per driving season running the mountain roads of NC/SC/TN/KY/VA/WV.
  5. paNX2K&SE-R

GOLFMKX2022 - We Survived The Apocalypse Tail Of The Dragon Meet

Midweek is always best for minimizing other traffic.
  6. paNX2K&SE-R

Loaded question..What does your screen name mean?

About 20 years ago when the original SR20forum got started I was living in Pennsylvania and owned both a '93 NX2000, and a '91 SE-R. The NXs had been nicknamed NX2K on the old SE-R mailing list. I needed to come up with a user name and just stuck all that together. I'm still using it for all...
  7. paNX2K&SE-R

Just bought a toy to compliment the GTI, NC Miata PRHT

It's pretty decent. I bought the car with a blown up 2.0 so that's the primary reason for doing the swap. I know people are removing good running 2.0 to install the 2.5 but personally I don't think I'd go through the trouble or expense.
  8. paNX2K&SE-R

Just bought a toy to compliment the GTI, NC Miata PRHT

Nice choice! There seems to be several Miata owners around here on mk7. I have a 2.5 swapped NC and I'm in the process of doing a LFX engine swap on an NB.
  9. paNX2K&SE-R

Virginia backroad: Back of the Dragon

After you follow 16 up to Tazewell this is the route to get you there: https://goo.gl/maps/JBE3N4e4LfD1Upht5 Matties place is a cool little Amish cafe/deli. There are tons and tons of incredible driving roads within 3 hours of us Jake. As a matter of fact these roads are one of the main...
  10. paNX2K&SE-R

Virginia backroad: Back of the Dragon

BoD is a great road! As far as police presence goes it's pretty light. I've never seen one shooting radar there since I started driving it in 2012. Don't forget about Burke's Garden if you're up that way too. I was up there in my Miata for an annual driving event a couple weeks ago and road...
  11. paNX2K&SE-R

Anybody furloughed?

They say we (VA) are fully funded through fiscal year 2019 so thankfully we're still getting paid.
  12. paNX2K&SE-R

Ever Run Tail of the Dragon?

I usually make it out to the gap a couple times per driving season in my Miata. There are a LOT more roads around the Southeast though. I moved from PA to NC to be closer to the good stuff! Some of my friends put together this excellent resource: https://mibforum.com/miatasinboone/roads/
  13. paNX2K&SE-R

Site Questions/Issues/Requests

Any plans to add automatic picture resizing? Most of the other forums I'm on do it and it's a nice feature.
  14. paNX2K&SE-R

best floor jack for the $$?

I have this one, best jack I've ever owned. https://www.harborfreight.com/2-ton-low-profilelong-reach-steel-heavy-duty-service-jack-with-rapid-pump-68050.html