GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. ChiliFrei64

FS: Lightly Modded 07 CW - 20000 miles

FS: Lightly Modded 07 CW - 21000 miles $16K Sold!
  2. ChiliFrei64

FS: BSH Stage 1 PCV fix

SOLD!!: BSH Stage 1 PCV fix SOLD!!! I just took my car to the dealer and mentioned that my car was burning too much oil and they said this was part of the reason. You and I both know that is not the case but I told them to do whatever they had to do to fix it and they said that they would...
  3. ChiliFrei64

FS: Parrot Kit CK3000 with SW101v

FS: Parrot Kit CK3000 with steering wheel control I am selling my Parrot Kit bluetooth kit with steering wheel control and quick connect harness. I have had this in my car for about a year or so now, never really used it because 1. I dont talk on the phone, and 2. my phone battery drains to...
  4. ChiliFrei64

Industrial Detroit

Me and my friend wanted to get a few photos of industrial Detroit, made a few stops along the way. Just thought I would share some of the better shots. Locations are Tiger Stadium, Train Station, Zug Island, Rouge Plant, Packard Plant and The Heidelberg Project Feedback is appreciated. This...
  5. ChiliFrei64

So, I got a new camera

And of course I decided to take some pics of my car. These were taken with the Canon Digital Rebel XS A play on words Sorry attempt at an HDR And the more artsy one
  6. ChiliFrei64

Favorite Old School Muscle Car

Another thread gave me this idea and we just had the Woodward Dream Cruise up here in Michigan.. thought this would be a good topic. What is your favorite old school muscle car. Model, Make, Year and Pic Mine is a 1968 Pontiac GTO. My mom had one when I was a wee lil kid and I just loved it...
  7. ChiliFrei64

Where did the CEL go

Just a quick question.. my car threw a CEL Friday. I had stopped, restarted the car several times and the CEL came back every time. I didnt drive it saturday and when I started it Sunday afternoon.. no more CEL I have been having quirky problems with my car and I wanna take it into the dealer...
  8. ChiliFrei64

Tryin to figure this out...

Since I have had my car (11 months, 9100 miles) I would get this weird cut like a misfire or a fuel cut. Every time I have taken it into VW they always say nothing is wrong and they cant reproduce it. I have already ruled out ESP because it happens weather it is on or off. VW says they...
  9. ChiliFrei64

Chrysler MyGIG in a VW

Just coming across some interesting information. I am prolly gonna be buying a dodge journey for the wife this week. I have been looking into the MyGig system to go with it and I came across this article http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2008/02/routan.html VW is apparently making a minivan...
  10. ChiliFrei64

Is it busted

There are many threads which seem to tell me my pcv is busted but I just wanted the opinion of some of the knowledgeable people here. I had noticed the oil on the engine cover but thought it was a sloppy 5,000 mile maintenance oil change. I installed my evoms today and after I took off the...
  11. ChiliFrei64

Lights after Lowering

The good news... I got my sportlines installed and I love it The bad news is I went out driving after I had it done and slowly but surely I noticed a grinding brake noise and it got worse and worse as I drove. Eventually my ABS light came on and my ESP light came on. I headed home and by the...
  12. ChiliFrei64

Who Sells Borla Cat Back

Lookin for some help. I have made my decision and I am gonna go with the Borla catback. Even though their really aren't any good sound clips of it, Borla is quality, I have always wanted Borla on a car I own and I know I will be satisfied with them. So... I have only been able to find...
  13. ChiliFrei64

To CEL or not to CEL

I am in a bit of a sticky in my DP decision. I most likely will not get chipped this year. I really want the ATP DP but I will obviously throw CEL's. For about 100 more I can get the EuroSport and not throw a CEL. Yes I am looking for some power but really this time around I am just looking...
  14. ChiliFrei64

Intake Question

I am getting ready for a spend here. I am already sold on Sportlines for springs and ATP DP. My problem/question is with the intake. Evom's and VF-Engineering look to be the more "advanced" solution. More air flow and more of a design thought process and at a price of around 300 dollars...
  15. ChiliFrei64

Signs of Bad CoilPacks

How do you know if your coilpacks are bad. I notice that sometimes my car will stutter, almost like traction control kicking in but I have already ruled that out by driving with tcs off and it still happens. Other then what I am feeling, are there any other sign's. Will the car log misfires or...
  16. ChiliFrei64

RainX + Leather = Bad

So I went to the store to pick up some supplies. Clay Bar, RainX and wash mit. Went home, clayed, washed and waxed my car. I reached inside to grab the RainX and after I moved it I saw a spot on my seat. The RainX had melted a hole in my leather. :mad0259: :mad0259: :mad0259: Luckily it wasn't...
  17. ChiliFrei64

Detroit NAIAS 2008

I am prolly gonna kill my bandwidth but here are my pictures of the North American International Auto Show I went to today. I was very disappointed in the VW display. They just plopped a bunch of their cars out and that was it... Lots of other cool displays though. The only GTI they had was a 4...
  18. ChiliFrei64

Couple photos

Just thought I would share. My friend was messing around with HDR's and tone mapping and stuff. We used my car. Thought I would share. Here are the photos. The GTI is very photogenic
  19. ChiliFrei64

Tire Pressure Monitoring System

I am just wondering. I know that middle button panel above the shifter has a button for the tire pressure monitoring system.. since I didnt have the button.. i thought I didnt have it.. well it has gotten in the low 20's and teens here recently and i started getting the warning that my tire...
  20. ChiliFrei64

vs. lamborghini

Let me start this off by saying I have never initiated a race. I have raced before but it has always been the other person to rev their engine first. But when I was sitting at a stoplight today and an orange Lamborghini pulled up next to me at a stop light I just couldn't resist. Not sure the...