GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. G

Stereo always has a high pitch sound

No matter what I"m listening to, there's always a high pitch sound coming from the stereo. I DO have bass/middle/treble turned up all the way, because I listen to a lot of music that pretty much requires the full range of sound. Turning treble down makes it quieter, but it's still there and...
  2. G

What can cause a CEL with no signs of issues?

So I'm driving home today, and I see the CEL has turned on [Simply turned on, not flashing or anything]. It seemed completely random and there was no change whatsoever in the performance of the car. Is there anything that can cause it to turn on yet not affect performance? I've already checked...
  3. G

Washed, clay barred, waxed, and then.... point-and-shooted o_0

1: 2: 3: 4: 5: 6: 7: 8: 9: 10: 11: 12: 13: 14: 15: 16: 17: 18: 19:
  4. G

DIY Rabbit/GTI peeing mod

Very simple to do. 1) Pull off the cover. - Pull from the left side first and unhook it - Then, pull it off. It's actually attached by a sort of hook on the right side. 2) Remove the nozzle. - Use a wrench, but dont use too much pressure - Twist left and right a bit if you have to 3)...
  5. G

Peoples' carelessness pisses me off

So I walk to my car after school and see that some stupid bitch left me a present! A lovely helping of green paint from her green Honda Element's door: It's on the door handle, rubstrip, and there's a scuff in between them, but I can get that off with my fingernails: Any ideas for how I...
  6. G

Red and White dots on my springs

Just randomly looking at my springs today (I realized just how high stock height was today!) I saw 4 dots on the springs. There were 2 red ones and 2 white ones. Does anybody know what they mean? Edit: They're on the front springs on both sides of the car. Rear doesn't appear to have springs at...
  7. G

HDR question

How do people get HDR pictures of rolling shots? I thought you had to take a picture, change the exposure, take a picture, change the exposure, and then do it one more time. You can't possibly do it with just one shot, can you?
  8. G

Man discovers WW2 bunker in yard

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet! Read it, it's amazing! Here's a bit of what's in it: ;)
  9. G

Tiguan shots

Not really meant to look good, just got a chance to see a Tiguan and drive around in it for a bit. Overall, it's a great car. There are some cut corners (Cough cough, hood = heavy as hell and isn't hydraulic) but it would be a great car if you wanted something sporty but a GTI or Rabbit was too...
  10. G

Custom plate is here!

You like? =]
  11. G

Who all is using a P+S?

I am! Using a Sony W80 right now.
  12. G

Koni springs question

I was wanting to get Koni springs. Springs + Installation are gonna run me 337 after tax. Does anyone have experience with these springs? If so, should I get them or avoid them? How's the ride?
  13. G

SNOW!

WOO! It's snowing, potentially no school tomorrow!
  14. G

Quick photoshoot. =] (Candy content!)

My only issue with it was that I forgot to reinstall my Hoen rear license plate lights before taking pics. =[ Comments?
  15. G

Friend wants a first car, any suggestions?

His budget is 10k-15k. He's not really a car nut, nor is he too fond of hatchbacks (He likes the look of the MKV GTI though). Any suggestions? Oh, and he doesn't like the Rabbit. Sorry Rabbit owners. =P
  16. G

Texas drivers are MORONS

My mom's Audi A6 is at the dealer right now, getting some work done on the engine. Well, I decided to let my mom drive my GTi to work, and I didn't mind being driven to school a few days by my parents. Well, my mom was at a red light, and some stupid whore in an Explorer rear ends her. The...
  17. G

Badass Bluetooth solution

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3609422 Basically, pull out the radio, hook up a little box, put the radio back in, and find a place to put the mic. Looks like I found my Bluetooth kit! Edit: whoops, been posted: http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36433
  18. G

Wanting to order a custom plate, suggestions?

I've been wanting to order a custom plate for my GTI. I'm not exactly the most creative person, but something I might want is MKV DUB. (Shame it's only 6 characters in Texas). Anyone have any other suggestions?
  19. G

Quick brake question

Who manufactures the GTI's stock brakes and brake calipers? I'm assuming it's not Brembo (Though I would love to think it is)
  20. G

Awesome Golf ad

http://www.germancarblog.com/2008/01/vw-golf-great-ad-for-pope-golf.html