GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. dietcokefiend

FS: Continental Serpentine Belts (2.5L MK5 or MK6)

I have some leftover new in box Continentals belts from when I owned my Rabbit. Parts 5PK925 and 5PK1060 Looking for $5 and I can probably get these into a USPS flat rate box. Email is username at gmail.com
  2. dietcokefiend

Rabbit Brake Rotors

Back when I owned my 2009 Rabbit I ordered a set of brake rotors only to mistake a single one for a pair. And I bought multiples cause they were so cheap. I have like two front and to rear rotor pairs collecting dust in my garage as a result. These will only fit if you had alloy wheels from the...
  3. dietcokefiend

FS MKV Rabbit Front and Rear Brake Rotors Pairs Schwaben

I have multiple sets of Schwaben brake rotors I bought for my 2009 Rabbit. I want to say it's two or three pairs of front rotors and two pairs of rear rotors. Got confused on a deal and what I thought were single rotors were pairs. Enter rotors for life, of if I somehow drove 500k miles on this...
  4. dietcokefiend

Lifting the parking brake no longer a smooth action

For the past couple of months my 09 Rabbit has been making that semi-binding plastic rubbing feel each time I set the parking brake. Driving stick for years I have always been in the habit of using it when parked, so its used multiple times a day. It seems that either the cable is getting worn...
  5. dietcokefiend

Odd 09 Rabbit engine stumble/hesitation/dying

My car was sitting for about 2-3 weeks and today I drove back to Cincinnati. After about 10 minutes from first starting up I came up to a stop sign and it just started stumble like a misfire or something. At first it died and I was angle to restart it, then it started to idle very low and...
  6. dietcokefiend

What is the OEM fluid specification and capacity for 09 5spd transmission?

Looking through the manual I cant seem to find the 5spd transmission capacity or fluid type mentioned anywhere. I have been quite tempted by the thought of trying out a different fluid (Motul 300, etc) but keep finding threads that mention older transmissions across the various boards. Is the...
  7. dietcokefiend

VW OEM MKV splash guards (front and rear)

I have brand new OEM splash guards for the MKV GTI front and rear that were never used. Still in the boxes, ended up trading in the GTI for a Rabbit which doesnt have the trim piece under the door area. Rabbit ones are shaped differently so these things have no use at all for me anymore. 70...
  8. dietcokefiend

Toyota Corolla is far superior to the rabbit

:bellyroll: I was test driving cheaper cars this past week, and managed to be completely weirded out by the insane guys at the Toyota dealership. I have been shopping for something in the 15-18k range, and the Scion tc and corolla kinda fit into that mark. This was their internal comparison...
  9. dietcokefiend

Fraying seatbelt and moisture in the LED 3rd brake light

Today noticed 2 bummers with my 07 GTI. First was putting on my seatbelt, and feeling tons of loose strings sticking out of the edge of my seatbelt. This was around the waist area (part the latch slides over) and you could also see some plastic worn inside the latch where the fabric slips...
  10. dietcokefiend

Interior rattle: front passenger door area

One thing that is driving me nuts lately is a rattle that started that sounds like a small knock or tap coming from the passenger door area. It does this on mostly smooth roads, and it sounds like a plastic pen tapping a door panel. Problem is I have not been able to directly locate it since I...
  11. dietcokefiend

Yay Winter, oh crap washer nozzles all frozen over?

Yesterday my front washers were being a tad flakey, kinda blocked at first and then blasted the windshield nicely. This morning at 14F the nozzles were completely blocked, except for the rear one. I have only had "dealer" blue washer fluid to date, and it is kinda surprising that it wouldnt have...
  12. dietcokefiend

Dealer messed up oil change of all things, help! :(

3 weeks ago I have the Northland VW (cincinnati place) do an oil change for my GTI. Well 400 mile away at my parents house I noticed that my car was leaking oil. Upon further investigation it turns out that the moron tech put the oil seal ring in upside down (that tab is supposed to stick UP...
  13. dietcokefiend

Dealer oil change for 40 bucks, but worried about oil used

Found out the dealer (Northland Volkswagen) only charges 39.95, which is under what it would be for me DIY. Problem I have is when asked about what oil they use, they responded with 5w30 castrol. I am not aware of any VW 502 or 505 spec oil made by castrol under that weight. The only current...
  14. dietcokefiend

AC so cold it always fogs the OUTSIDE of your windshield

My GTI is probably the first car I have had where this is actually a problem. After 30-45 min with the AC on, I start getting a huge fog spot near the center of the glass. Now this isnt a spot on the inside from anything, but on the outside from the temperature difference. I have tried turning...
  15. dietcokefiend

Rhino ramps and your "close calls"

Since I haven't figured out how exactly I plan on jacking up the pristine GTI I have, I picked up some Rhino ramps for some maintenance and projects I had planned. While these are much nicer than my old ramps with no traction (slid over the concrete as you drove up), and as a curb to stop you...
  16. dietcokefiend

GTI spare tire... speed limit?

Today while just getting acquainted with the new car, I looked at the spare tire and saw that not only did the tire have more thread than I was expecting for a spare, but it was a standard sport all-season tire! Its a ContiProcontact, same as the rest of the tires around the car, just a 16"...
  17. dietcokefiend

WTB: (2) 17" mini huff things

I need snow tires for my new GTI, and just need 2 of the wheels so they match. Bonus points if the TPMS sensor is included. email me at dietcokefiend@gmail.com, or post here.
  18. dietcokefiend

holy heck, what a bunch of crud from my 1k oil change

Bite the bullet and went with a VW builders advice with the early oil change on my new 2.0T GTI. Drained out a heck of a lot of machining metal flakes among other things. After seeing that I will be doing another change in 2,000 miles to clean out the remaining stuff, then onto normal intervals...
  19. dietcokefiend

New GTI, odd rust around tailgate seal strip (strip rust, not body)

On the GTI I just picked up Friday, I noticed that the rubber trim crimped around the rear tailgate frame has rust stains coming out from maybe 15 little pierces into the rubber seal. It looks as if the device on the assembly line used to crimp the thing to the car along the entire edge had...
  20. dietcokefiend

New GTI, new to VW, new everything

:biggrin: Proud new owner of a 2007 reflex silver 2 door GTI with DSG (package 1). Finalized the sale on Friday the 13th since I tend to have bad luck at times, figured it should cancel things out. :thumbup: First new car, first VW, etc etc. Before this I was more into older RWD Volvos, and...