GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. E

Will these rims fit? Pls help! (205/60R15)

Hi, I'm buying some year old snow tires on 15" steel black rims but I want to make sure they can fit. The tires are 205/60R15. I just want to make sure they clear the brakes before I buy em. I have H&R Sport Springs so my '07 GTI is lowered a little but not slammed by any means. Stock brake set...
  2. E

WTB: snow tires on black rims in YVR

Hey all, looking for some snow tires in the Greater Vancouver area that'll fit my... guess what... GTI! Ideally ones mounted on black steel rims with at least 80% tread left. PM me if you have any for sale. Thanks for looking!
  3. E

Dipped (low) beam issues - HELP!

I can't find anything online that poses as a fair solution to this problem I've had for about 5 months... My dipped beam (both left and right) goes out and I can simply bring them back on by putting the car in park, pulling up the e-brake and then putting it back in D. This fires up the lights...
  4. E

Front left/right dipped beam not working

I know this has come up in several posts before, but was wondering if anyone has had experience with this... For the past month, I'll randomly get a "front left" or "front right" message come up and sometimes the light in question is actually still functioning, sometimes it's not. It'll be at...
  5. E

Fog Light Lens

Hi All - I know this has been answered a couple of time in different threads but I just want to get the best advice on my situation. Fog light cracked, bulb still works fine. Should I buy a new OEM lens from the dealer ($60) or one online? What I found was people saying to get the a new...
  6. E

Xenon bulb, ignitor, or ballast?

Hi All, I know there are similar threads out there, but my situation is slightly different. Driver's side xenon is not working; however, upon turning the ignition, the xenon flickers for a half second then goes off. This tells me the bulb still works but there's something else going on. Now...
  7. E

Spacer Size Question - MkV w/ H&R Sports?

Hi, I've searched but would appreciate a link if this is covered anywhere else... I have an '07 MkV 3dr GTI with H&R Sport Springs installed. I would like to know the maximum spacer size allowable for the front/rear wheels without risking rubbing as I live in Vancouver and there's quite a bit...
  8. E

Safe to buy/install tires in the US?

Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone has had success buying replacement tires (and getting them installed) across the border and getting your old tires chucked down there. If you're not driving back with four of your old tires in the trunk, are you generally OK or will you get tagged at the...
  9. E

Grinding Noise on Cold Startup - Let's get it right

FYI - I've searched this! I've been having this issue in the past year where my '07 2.0T DSG MKV makes this kind of light, empty/hollow "grinding" noise once started. I drive my car once every two or three days so it's a real cold startup. The sound comes from the engine bay and lasts only...
  10. E

I almost cried/blew up at the same time.....

Guys, Last night, my mom's friend was over and backed into my 2 year old (parked) baby.... I almost lost it but had to keep my cool. I've never been in an accident and to see that she backed her american made BMW x3 right into my drivers side front fender... I had to pull the fender out...
  11. E

COIs that don't need the cover removed

Can't find if this has been answered specifically, but from what i've read, the only cold air intake that works in tandem with the engine cover is the carbonio. all the other ones, ie. neuspeed, EVOMS... do not allow room for the cover to stay on. personally, i like the engine cover, but want...
  12. E

How to deactivate side yellow lights

Hey guys, I searched the forums for this, but I have no clue what it's called: I live in canada, so DRL is a must. If I turn on my light switch into the on position, the dashboard backlighting comes on, but outside the car, the little yellow lights on the side (right behind the front lights)...
  13. E

Please help - Looking for advice

I was just checking my oil and noticed that the stock intake has a removable cover (right behind the grille) and i took it off quite easily... but it's so hard to get it back on! I don't want the thing falling off while im driving and falling into the fan like this guy...
  14. E

Question about EVOMS filter

Hi, I'm contemplating getting an EVOMS cold air intake - the one with the heat shield, but i'm worried about fuel economy, is it gonna affect gas? I read that some can even help the fuel economy, but I want to know what fellow mkv owners are seeing. thanks!
  15. E

Just got H&R Sports put in!

For my car's first birthday, I got some H&R sports put in... check it out.
  16. E

Pic request!!

Hey does anyone have HR Sports with spacers? If so could you post a pic and let me know what your spacer size is? Been scouring, but can't find anything quite specific... THANKS! -Fellow MkV owner.
  17. E

Spring install in Vancouver

Hi, I just bought some H&R sport springs for my 2007 mkv. I was wondering if anyone knows of a quality place to get them installed. If so, anyone know roughly how long it will take + cost (for both install and alignment) Thanks!
  18. E

multifunction computer... manual?

i recently bought a 2007 mkv gti in canada and the manual given to me was a slightly modified version of the rabbit's... which im guessing everyone's got. i can't seem to find the multifunction computer part in the manual. if anyone know where i can find it online, that'd be awesome thanks.
  19. E

First time VW owner - engine light

I've had my 2007 Mkv for about 3500km (2200 miles) and just yesterday the engine or malfunction indicator light turned on. I know that in the past this is very common among vw owners but after searching online - i cant find too much about the mkv getting this for no apparent reason. I checked...