GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Kricket

Dealer Replaced Battery - NOW: Door Locks / Windows / Some Fan Stopped Working...

What a mess. My dad is borrowing my car so to be nice, he offered to have my oil changed at the dealer. Great deal (or so I thought). While at the dealer, they tell him that the fluid in the battery is really low and that it should be replaced. Although I haven't had ANY problems with the...
  2. Kricket

Best Brake Setup for a Daily Driver?

Hey all, Well, it sounds like the brakes on my '07 are starting to squeak just a bit - I figure it's about time I start researching some new brake pads. Does anyone have any suggestion for a good daily driver setup? I guess, overall, I'm looking for reliability - and something that will last...
  3. Kricket

Switzer RIK GT-R --> 1000 hp (at the wheels)

this thing sounds like a beast http://jalopnik.com/5640736/switzer-r1k-nissan-gt+r-breaks-1000-horsepower-at-the-wheels pretty incredible...
  4. Kricket

Defi Boost Gauge Flashing While Lights Are On...

well, pretty much what the title states - my defi gauge has started to flash when i have my lights on (any lights - driving lights, headlights, foglights, any combo) when i turn my lights off - the gauge functions as normal in either state - it still displays boost properly i have no idea...
  5. Kricket

Wheel Alignment in Chicago or NW Burbs?

hey all, im looking to get an alignment done - preferably by someone that actually knows what theyre doing with these cars anyone know of a shop that does good work for a reasonable price? id like to stay close to chicago or the nw burbs, if at all possible...
  6. Kricket

LED Tails - Getting all 4 Circles to Light Up?

hey all, i remember seeing a thread whereby someone added led's to the inner sections of their oem led tails (the dummy lights) - from what i remember, this was a total PITA but its something that i thought looked awesome when it was finished im considering this project myself - anyone have...
  7. Kricket

FS: 1994 BMW 530i Wagon (not really)

this video gave me a serious case of the chuckles: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8G6d1nOcElg
  8. Kricket

Yahoo! Autos: VW GTI is a Car "Detroit Should Copy"

yahoo autos just put out this interesting article showcasing a few foreign cars that detroit should copy in order to resurrect its flailing industry amongst some of the more interesting choices: - vw tiguan - audi a4 - hyundai genesis - and, of course, the vw gti... i thought that was...
  9. Kricket

Exhaust Shop with Mandrel Bender in Chicago Area?

welp - im looking for pretty much what the title states: an exhaust shop with a mandrel bender basically, i'd like a full turbo-back exhaust - but im not paying some company $1200 for some metal piping with a brand name stamped on it anyone have any suggestions for good, reliable exhaust...
  10. Kricket

Console Wars! Which is Your Favorite? ("Next-Gen")

i posted a similar poll in another forum and it turned out to be a pretty interesting (and fun) read i see that there is already a similar thread on this board - but that was from before the next-gen consoles were even released so here we go - now that many people have had their consoles for a...
  11. Kricket

Dirty / Salty / Weathered / Snow-Covered Rides!

sure - many of you live in lovely climates where, right now, its "79 degrees and sunny" - beautiful weather, sunshine, cool breezes, beaches, and no worries about spending some quality time washing and waxing your cars because - hey - tomorrow it will most likely be: "79 degrees and sunny"...
  12. Kricket

Scosche Passport + Avic-D3 + iPod Classic = ?

so scosche just came out with this nifty little gadget that allows some of the newer ipods to connect to older ipod docking systems - the press release only specifies the iphone 3g, nano 4g and touch 2g - but i wonder if itll allow the ipod classic to function correctly with the avic-d3s... if...
  13. Kricket

Defi Blue Racer Install?

so i just got in my defi blue racer boost gauge and v-twin - so im ready to install this bad boy - but i have a few questions (that i couldnt seem to find the answers to in the diy) the defi requires 4 wires for power: - orange wire - ign - red wire - 12v battery - white wire - illumination...
  14. Kricket

*OFFICIAL* Cameraphone Pictures of Your Car Thread

there are quite a few talented photographers on this forum - and their pictures are amazing and then theres the rest of us... post up some shots youve taken with your cameraphone - lets see how creative you can get ill get the ball rollin the weather was awesome in chicago this past weekend:
  15. Kricket

Look at this friggin MORON!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5GzPqldDsq4 about 27 seconds in i swear - people get stupider by the nanosecond... :clap: bravo dipshit - youre an embarassment to the dubbing community
  16. Kricket

The AVIC-D3 (and others) Background Thread

hopefully this is the right section of the forum to put this thread in (if not - mods please move it wherever you deem appropriate) i think quite a few people have an avic unit in their car - it might be fun to start up a custom background thread (im no photoshop guru but i know MANY of you...
  17. Kricket

The Evolution of Car Logos

this is kinda cool - just illustrates the changes some of the logos have gone through (audi and vw included) http://www.neatorama.com/2008/02/18/evolution-of-car-logos/ man - that first vw logo really looked like a spinning swastika - you almost forget who really pushed for the "people's car"...
  18. Kricket

Blocking Intercooler w/ License Plate....?

well - i got my jetta front in (thank you very much unitedgti! :thumbup: ) i went to the vw dealership to pick up a new license plate bracket last weekend - i decided to put it on today and - lo and behold - its the wrong bracket - i dont know if its for a toureg or what but its too big (it...
  19. Kricket

Hilarious: eBay Listing for "Ex-Girlfriend's Crap"

i just saw this on reddit and it just about made my day: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200166922086 enjoy
  20. Kricket

Scosche Dash-Kit Pictures

a few people on the tex wanted some shots of the scosche kit so i figured i would post them here as well: ^ notice the gap on the left side - pisses me off something awful (although better than the metra) - i saw it after i screwed everything down and snapped on the trim piece (obviously) -...