GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Sammy-Blue

Good GPS navigation?

Tom Tom 930 vs. Navman S300t. Discuss. Price aside, either of these good? Anything else worth having a look at? I'd prefer something that works in metro areas as well as close to the middle of nowehere, I drive up and down the east coast, as well as central QLD/NSW.
  2. Sammy-Blue

Question about VR6

Sorry if this is a repost. I was thinking, is there any reason that I couldn't increase the bore/stroke of the R32 engine to match that of the R36, and then buy parts from the R36 and chuck those in (lets say that my dealer was feeling co-operative)? I know it has a narrower angle, but this...
  3. Sammy-Blue

Because I am a spanner....

I spilled around two litres of oil in my boot. It's soaked into alot of the floor/cover for spare wheel and tools (none into the rear seats or sides that I could see fortunately). Is it worth trying to clean, or should I just get a new cover from the dealer? Although it hasn't yet, is it likely...
  4. Sammy-Blue

OT: Stressful day?

No it wasn't. To the other students, I salute you. Good luck with asessment :thumbsup:
  5. Sammy-Blue

OT: Statistics

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD IF ANYONE HAS STUDIED OR WORKS IN THE FIELD OF STATS I NEED HELP NOW! The fact that I'm asking for help on a car forum should indicate just how desperate I am right now :yikes:
  6. Sammy-Blue

OT: I'm bored again...

Game 2
  7. Sammy-Blue

OT: I'm bored again...

So...are you in the 5%?
  8. Sammy-Blue

OT - Novelty Shops in Canberra

Greetings all. I've decided to nominate this forum as my "I am a NQ'er pretending to be a Canberrian and don't know where anything is" source of help. Can someone tell me where (if there are any) novelty gift shops are around the place. I'm thinking stuff like Granny May's/What's New, I need...
  9. Sammy-Blue

Sigh...Screw in tyre. Help please.

Hi guys. I was fortunate enough to get a screw go into my front left tyre last night :frown: . If I were to just pull it out, is this likely to lead to a flat tyre? The screw is only very small, prolli around 2 cm in length. Or am I going to have to get the tyre replaced?
  10. Sammy-Blue

New tyres

Hey all. I'm probably going to destroy my tyres now that I've found out where "Brindy Road". I'll blame mingolf for mentioning that one :fighting0030: . I was wondering what I should buy as replacement ones. Basically just after hardest gripping tyres that can go on a golf (without spending a...
  11. Sammy-Blue

Cup Holders

Today I was driving the MkV and I decided I am simply not happy with my cup holders! They don't deliever the cup holding power that I need, any recommendations on where I can get replacements ones? Maybe I could get some out of a suzuki swift?
  12. Sammy-Blue

Air Con Playing up

Hey guys, my air con has been playing up all day today, doesnt seem to want to put out anything below 27 degrees. It still shows the temps right down to LO. Just wondering if there's any quick fix I could do myself before I take it in to get it looked at.
  13. Sammy-Blue

Attention Canberrians

Just thought I'd mention I now live in Canberra. If you see a Black R32 with QLD Euro plates driving around like it's lost, that'd be me :wink: .
  14. Sammy-Blue

I R modding sped, needs help.

I want more powar! I don't want anything particularly outrageous, but I'm struggling to find many products availible for the R. I'm just wondering if anyone can recommend an ECU/exhaust combo (maybe an air intake as well if availible). So far all I've found is the APR pack and the milltek...
  15. Sammy-Blue

Radiator

Since I need a new radiator I was wondering if the golf range all share the same unit. I.e, are they likely to have some in stock or am I going to have to wait for one to be imported.
  16. Sammy-Blue

Sound System Q's

First off sorry if this has already been asked and answered, just wondering if anyone knows what the actual dimensions of the front and rear speakers are (6-1/2", 6x9 etc). Also, if I were to replace the speakers with a set of aftermarkets, would I need to do some re-wiring, or is the stock...
  17. Sammy-Blue

Break in period?

Forgot to ask the dealer about this. What's the recommended distance, and what revs is it meant to be kept below during that distance?
  18. Sammy-Blue

My Demon is finally here!

My sexy new 3 dr pearl black R32 is sitting in its new home!!!!!! No pics yet (I wasn't expecting it until 1st july so no dealer pics, nice surpirse though). I'll get some up when I can.
  19. Sammy-Blue

Tinting

I don't suppose anyone knows what the darkest tint QLD transport allows for a street car? Last check it was 35% without permission, but I was hoping I could get it down to something like 20 if I sent in an application. Also if there is a place anyone could recommend to do it (if the dealer...
  20. Sammy-Blue

Spotted Down Under

I never see any Gti/R32's around here, but I wanted to post something anyway (sorry about poor quality, camera phone). All of them are owned by doctors.