GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. zooplancton

timing chain renewal: when?

hola, did a search and nothing came up, but i'm sure there a thousand threads on this already... what's the general mileage that your getting your timing chain done? my tuner is saying 70k. (which seems a little premature to me) what's the word? thx in advance! -zoo
  2. zooplancton

whistle and rpm surge: ?

hey guys, so on the way home tonight, my car starts acting weird. the rpms start to surge up higher than 2k, then slightly lower than 1k. it makes a weird whistling noise, but when i step on the throttle more , it goes away, the back when i'm on normal throttle. any advice? thanks in advance.
  3. zooplancton

cam follower @ 55k: '07 gti

hola amigos, so i had my cam follower changed at 55k after seeing so many posts with severely compromised followers almost worn completely through. i thought i'd post mine which shows barley any wear of any at all. its totally smooth, and flat. i like the fact that there's an expiration date...
  4. zooplancton

does a stiff rear sway decrease front tire life?

hey guys, i wanted to post this question here just to get in front of as many eyes as possible. i recently had a very stiff, solid 28mm rear bar put on at exactly 3500 miles ago. yesterday at my oil change my tuner said he noticed the fronts had worn quite a bit. he mentioned i should get an...
  5. zooplancton

weird gremlin: locking-unlocking

hola, so i've had the rear wiper gremlin in the past - usually when it rains oddly enough, but it usually "fixes" itself. today, my lock and unlock (and horn beep and lights flash) no longer work. what's the easy fix? taking fuse out and putting back in? or undoing the battery? thanks in...
  6. zooplancton

what's your take?

so i've seen some folks employing a fatter profile of tire on their cars. pretty fat rubber really. (for lack of better references) a few evos and other 'rally' cars. i knew stepping into 19" wheels would come with a small price, but am wondering what your thoughts are on fat rubber set up...
  7. zooplancton

euro-rice: sightings

i thought this might be a good place to start a euro-rice sighting thread! (mods please move to appropriate place if need) please feel free to post pix of the casualties you might encounter along the way. here's from today: :clap: :biggrin:
  8. zooplancton

worthless fact#2: what fits in an mkv?

a samsung 50" TV in the box. it occupied every single centimeter of space from side to side, and front to rear PERFECTLY. had to have the wife drive home as my seat was pushed too far forward to drive. hahahahaha.... so if you've been thinking about getting that shiny new TV, rest assured it'll...
  9. zooplancton

snow flake icon: hahahaha...

so i get into my car the other morning and it was 36F outside. cold and humid for the cali coast. i get into my car and it flashes me a snow flake icon and temperature. had to laugh a bit on that one. what happens when it's 110F out? haha...
  10. zooplancton

my car went camping:

so my car 'henry' hears about my upcoming weekend to abalone dive, mt. bike some single track and enjoy some great foods, drinks and friends. (look who i caught out having fun) :biggrin:
  11. zooplancton

scheduled maintenance:

does anyone have links or knowledge of the GTI schedule of maintenance at 40k from VW? (i'm approaching 40k and i'm getting letters from my vw dealer that i haven't seen in a while. getting oil/maintenance from local and reputable vw/audi shop) thx!
  12. zooplancton

who's got your rear sway bar?

looking at various companies sway bars for the rear of an '07 gti. who do you recommend? TIA. -zoo
  13. zooplancton

syron race 1 tires:

hola, just had a set of these installed 3 days ago. i don't have enough miles on them yet to comment but they feel really nice at first glance. will report back after a few spirited runs. cheers.
  14. zooplancton

stupid thread o' the day: 0 miles left

ok so last night i get in my car to go home from my client's place. i knew i was low on fuel, so i triggered over to watch the gas on the HUD. it started out with 15 miles. no probs i think. after 2 stop lights, it said i had 10 miles. wow i'm thinking... then i go up the hill on the way to...
  15. zooplancton

DUBFEST 09: TOMAS SPORT TUNING

hey guys, the shop i get my work done at Tomas Sport Tuning is hosting Dubfest on july 19 this year! it's going to be a good show up and bbq. tomas sport tuning is located in san pablo, ca (norcal) hope to see you there. i'll post photos here after the event. cheers, zoo
  16. zooplancton

GIAC re-flash yesterday:

sorry, i just had to share this. i finally broke down and got the GIAC ECU re-flash yesterday from the fine people at Tomas Sport Tuning in san pablo. (highly rec' these guys for norcal owners) i like it! the car has changed pretty dramatically! i've only gotten on it twice just to be...
  17. zooplancton

Bay Area: need fenders rolled

can someone point me to a place where i can get my front fenders rolled? thanks in advance! zoo
  18. zooplancton

VW bike racks: what do you have?

hey guys, i'm seeing 2 vw bike racks. one is a baracuda rack, the other is a vw specific one. does anyone use a bike rack on their gti's? if so, what brand or vw model are you using? and how do you like it? thanks in advance! zoo
  19. zooplancton

check these honeys out!

so i got to go to bob's big boy (where hot rodding got its start some 50+ years ago) this weekend! thought i'd share this nugget. -b
  20. zooplancton

SAT radio: what are your thoughts?

hey guys, does anyone have their satellite radio subscribed? if so, how do you like it? is there a diverse array of channel options? thanks in advance!