GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. K

anyone bought a nav unit from mfd3.com?

I am about to order a nav unit from them and was just wondering if anyone had experience with them?
  2. K

Wtb or wtt: 2dr rabbit seats...

Anyone in northern California want to trade seats? Or sell seats? I have a 2010 golf tdi and it has the sport seats. I am a big guy so I prefer the seats the rabbit had. Or the jetta. Anyone?
  3. K

did 2 door rabbits have heated seats?

Does anyone know if the 2 door rabbit ever came with heated seats?
  4. K

swap seats? sf bay area?

Anyone here have black heated cloth seats from a 2door rabbit, or even from a 4 door rabbit or jetta? I have a 2010 Golf TDI with the sport seats with the high bolsters... I'd love to trade seats with you! Or even buy yours! It'd be a huge plus if you knew how to actually swap seats!
  5. K

Rabbit/Jetta V seats in a Golf 6?

I want to install Rabbit (golf V) or jetta seats in my 2010 2dr golf tdi. I am a big guy and the sport seats are just not comfortable. Ideally I'd find black (arancite?) heated seats from a rabbit 2 door. I imagine manual jetta seats would work, though I'm not sure how they'd fold/slide forward...
  6. K

2 aftermarket stereo questions...

I have a kenwood headunit installed and it works alright but it doesn't stay on when i turn off the engine like the vw headunit did. What needs to change for it to work like the oem stereo? I want to use the sat antenna the car came with, is there an adapter? The antenna that was installed...
  7. K

premium gas in a rabbit 2.5?

Does anyone use premium in their rabbit/jetta 2.5's?
  8. K

SF Bay area car audio installer recommendations?

Does anyone have a store they like in the bay area? I think I need new speakers or something to make my car stereo sound bearable. But I don't just want to go anyplace. Has anyone used a place in the SF Bay Area (penninsula, south bay, north bay, concord, I don't care!) that they like? Please...
  9. K

new head unit... old speakers sound so bad...

I had a kenwood headunit installed but now the old speakers sound really bad.:mad: Could a eq or something help? Do I have to get new speakers? What do you guys think? Some music now just sounds so shrill and I can't get the eq set up pleasantly no matter how I set it up.
  10. K

Dealer can't fix ("no sat radio") radio...

So my premium 7 stereo in my 2007 rabbit all of a sudden won't play the satellite radio. It just says "no sat radio". I bring it in to the dealer... and 6 hours later... they can't fix it and don't know what is wrong. It was suggested I take my car to a local stereo guy to see if he can find...
  11. K

know a good body shop in the SF Bay Area?

My partner backed my car into garage scraping the rear drivers side bumper against a post... It looks mostly cosmetic from the side, but from the rear its kinda deformed... Who knows though until I have it looked at? :mad: :help:
  12. K

Dash light question...

So I am 1000 miles from my upcoming oil change, so the little wrench appears in place of the odometer, followed by "1000", then after a moment it usually goes back to showing the odometer... but tonight it was followed by a clock with "316" next to it.... What does this mean?
  13. K

Rabbit TDI next year!!

http://www.germancarblog.com/2008/09/vw-golf-tdi-confirmed-for-us-next-fall.html How awesome is this?
  14. K

Electric Golf?

http://blog.wired.com/cars/2008/06/vw-rolls-out-a.html http://www.monstersandcritics.com/news/business/news/article_1413522.php/Volkswagen_unveils_hybrid-car_prototype_that_comes_with_plug http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/233594/# This would be pretty cool!
  15. K

Golf Plus ad...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t1pU4E5BWU Weird... NY state plates, obviously set in America, and yet they don't sell the golf plus here! I kinda wish we got the Golf Plus as the Rabbit, it'd be more differentiated from the GTI that way.
  16. K

WTB: 6 cd changer head unit...

I'd like to get a 6cd headunit that came with the aux input... I have sirius and the ipod adapter now, but I'd much rather have the aux input...
  17. K

help I need new tires!

So I have hit 35,000 miles on my rabbit and when I got my oil changed the dealer suggested new tires! Does anyone have any thoughts? Should I just get the oem continentals? Or something else? I commute a lot and take long trips frequently, I like the conti's ability to be both sporty and good...
  18. K

rear wiper blade clip thingy...

So I went through a gas station car wash last night... and the clip that holds the rear wiper to the arm came off somehow. The blade stays on when it's up against the glass but it'll just fall off if you try and use it. Can I just buy that part, or is it more complicated than that? :iono:
  19. K

iPod adapter with iPod control? please help

I currently have the vw oem ipod adapter, in a 4dr rabbit with the 6 cd changer headunit and sirius radio. I'd like to control the ipod from the ipod itself though. I know there are some after market ipod connections available, but will I be able to retain satellite radio? Which one should I...
  20. K

Just saw an R32...

In San Francisco... I was on my way back from having a new windshield installed... It was blue, definitely a mk5...Looked pretty awesome! :thumbup: