GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Spectre

1. S

2007 vs. 2008 DSG specs

Does anyone know if the DSG out of a 2008 will work in a 2007? Like, does anyone really 100% know? I mean, I am sure it will bolt up. But what about ECU implications. I try and ask VW techs but they don't know. Neither do any indy shops around here. All they do is bolt on mods and flash APR...
  2. S

DSG to manual swap

I'm seriously considering putting in the manual transmission. My question is, will all the components from a 2007 A3 fit and work in a 2007 GTI?
  3. S

P0843 Transmission Code

Anyone know what would cause this P0843 code? I never noticed it before but I recently changed my DSG fluid. Is it possible it's low on fluid? I don't even know what the code means. Any takers?
  4. S

Golfmkv SOWO... who's going?

I just went with three good friends to drive through the mountains all day. We stayed away from that garbage. The stance crowd ruined it. They just want to party and raise hell. Not true enthusiasts. My car doesn't have huge old English stickers on the windscreen so I don't fit in. We had a...
  5. S

DM Tune and fuel trim issues

To those who have a DM tune, what intake do you use that eliminates the fuel trim issues? I have a K&N, which is straight the same diameter from the turbo to the filter. I have a different two-piece intake that is larger on the the filter side. I was wondering if the larger diameter before the...
  6. S

Anyone work on DSG transmissions?

I'm trying to find a shop in Atlanta who can replace clutch packs and the mech unit. No luck. One shop told me to buy a new transmission because he doesn't know anyone who works on them. Sheesh. If it's gonna be like that I may as well just learn how to do it myself.
  7. S

FS: APR HPFP w/new follower

As the title states. $650 shipped. In the U.S. Has 20K miles on it. The pump does. Not the follower.
  8. S

Fog light and sidemarker delete for R32 front

I'm doing some makeover work to the GTI. I Decided to go all in on it. I really like the car. It's more enjoyable to drive than the Bimmer was as far as comfort, driveability and driver's cockpit ergonomics. Not to mention the seats in my GTI are amazingly fitted. I really like the way the car...
  9. S

FS: OEM GTI Front End

For sale, the front end off my 2007 GTI. It's in perfect condition. No problems. No license plate holder holes. It comes with everything. It's CW but needs paint obviously. Save a ton on a front end swap. $325 local pickup. I will consider meeting halfway for delivery to surrounding states for...
  10. S

FS: GTI Front End

I'm selling the front end off my 2007 GTI. It's CW but needs fresh paint. No damage. Comes with everything including smoked side markers. $200 local. Will consider meeting halfway on a delivery to surrounding states.
  11. S

GTI Front End

I'm selling the front end off my 2007 GTI. It's CW but needs fresh paint. No damage. Comes with everything including smoked side markers. $325 local. Will consider meeting halfway on a delivery to surrounding states.
  12. S

Underdrive Pulley

I'm always looking for mechanical horsepower and ways to make my engine last/run longer and stronger. Are the lightweight underdrive pulleys worth $140? Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
  13. S

Unofficial DM tune review

I recently went with a Driver Motorsport tune. My car has been running well for awhile now so I said fuck it. At almost 180K miles I went ahead and tuned it. It has certainly exposed my DSG's problems. The mech unit is gone. It's not bad enough to where it's undriveable though. It upshifts fine...
  14. S

D Clip Fuel Lines

I'm trying to replace the intank fuel pump but I can't get the fuel lines off. What's the trick? I don't feel any budge on the sides of the plug. No spring. I read where you are supposed to squeeze the sides. Perhaps if I had a better understanding of the mechanism I could get them off. Anyone...
  15. S

Dash vent question

What the fuck is the thing on the rear (closest to the windshield) of the dash vent? I took mine off (and the fucking jackass owner before me had the damn thing epoxied together) and that plug wasn't attached to whatever that thing is. Infact, I can't even find the plug. So what is it?