Recent content by RevoGLI

1. RevoGLI

WTB: OEM downpipe

GTI/GLI downpipe needed!
  2. RevoGLI

WTB: OEM/stock GLI exhaust

WTB: Full OEM exhaust for a Jetta!
  3. RevoGLI

California Smog Help: What is the E.O. CARB number for Magnaflow cats?

Hey guys, Tried to get smogged today and the two shops I went to did a full visual underneath the car. My intake has a CARB sticker with the "D-XX-X" number stamped on it, but they couldn't see anything stamped on my 42DD turboback. My exhaust is 42DD and their website says they use a...
  4. RevoGLI

SMOG Help! Need "E.O. CARB" number for Magnaflow Cat!

Hey guys, Tried to get smogged today and the two shops I went to did a full visual underneath the car. My intake has a CARB sticker with the "D-XX-X" number stamped on it, but they couldn't see anything stamped on my 42DD turboback. My exhaust is 42DD and their website says they use a...
  5. RevoGLI

Impossible to find good 14mm x 1.5 lug nuts!

All the cool kids with 12mm x 1.5/1.25 get all the fun looking lug nuts. Where do you all find your lug nuts?
  6. RevoGLI

Projector Fogs.... Are Not Very Bright!

Hey guys, I picked up a pair of Ziza-brand projector fog lights since my OEM ones were super beat and old. So, the Ziza one's fit well and I'm using the same bulbs from the first set, but I noticed projectors aren't as bright as as the stock reflector ones. There's a metal plate inside...
  7. RevoGLI

Bay Area Fender Rolling?

I'm in the East Bay, so I'd rather not huff it to deep San Jose to get my fenders rolled. Anybody know of a rolling service somewhat close to Oakland?
  8. RevoGLI

Amber LED Turn Signal DIY

Hey guys, Wondering if anyone could point me to an amber LED DIY. The tail lights are installed, but I lost the instructions to enable amber turn signals. Not sure what the long coding is. It's on a jetta, btw.
  9. RevoGLI

Bay Area APR Dealers & Exhaust Install Help

Haven't been back in awhile to these threads. Anyways, what happened to all the APR dealers in the Bay Area? Am I not looking hard enough. So I picked up a new full turboback and I need some install help/stage II flash. I have a few shops picked out...but they are no longer dealing APR...
  10. RevoGLI

FS/FT Feeler: Miro BBS LM Replicas (279s)

Yup, you read that right. I have a set of the discontinued Miro 279s aka the best BBS LM replicas before BBS came through and did their little "scorched earth" lawsuit reign. The better part? These are a staggered set! Specs: 18x8 et45 18x9 et48 (I have 3mm spacers for a final of et45)...
  11. RevoGLI

Catch Can Install Issue!! Wrong Engine Mounts??

So I ordered BFI catch can solution and tried to install it today. Apparently, this picture here is the standard engine mount bolts found in 99% of MkVs: But these are the bolts I have: Uh, help? The bracket is suppose to sit on the engine mount with a supplied nut. Now what I am suppose...
  12. RevoGLI

Lug Nut Question R14 v R12

Hey guys, long time listener, first time caller. I bought a set of 14x1.5 lug nuts for stud-to-lug conversion; however, I think I bought the wrong size. I bought some gold porsche nuts, but it turns out the ball seat is a R14, not an R12. They don't sit perfectly snug in the wheel seat, so...
  13. RevoGLI

Soaked Interior

I noticed after a good weekend of heavy rain that I had a pool of water in my rear passenger footwell (Jetta body for the not-so-bright ones reading this). I shop vac'ed all the water out. I left the doors open all day on a nice day, and it seemed to clean it up. I cleaned out the sunroof drains...
  14. RevoGLI

OEM USB Switch

Not sure if this has been asked before, but is this a legitimate product? Ebay seller link: click me Seller claims it will work on certain revisions of the RCD510, but after comparing pictures, I don't think it will work on the AE revision I picked up. Seller also doesn't list what...
  15. RevoGLI

Help me understand Insurance

Recently, my car was backed into during the night. I assume somebody was making a three-point turn and collided with my quarter panel. There was no note. Their bumper hit the spot where my left front bumper meets the quarter panel. The bumper has some gash marks along the sidemarker and the...