GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by REDMKVGTI

1. REDMKVGTI

Normal noises for FWD cars?

Question.... I've noticed with my MKV that something towards the front of the car, in the general gear box/diff area/engine, on occasion makes a sort of whine/mechanical noise... Usually only happens in 1st and 2nd gear, it's particularly noticeable in traffic when you do a lot of slowing...
  2. REDMKVGTI

Strange noise from clutch...

I've been noticing lately (with the hot weather it seems) that my clutch has an intermittent strange noise. * It sounds somewhere between a whine, and a metal on metal grinding noise. * It only seems to happen when it's hot, the clutch that is. I noticed it today because I drove a fair way in...
  3. REDMKVGTI

Speeding in another state (ie not where you live)

Got a letter from my rental company, apparently I've been booked for being naughty while in another state, how I managed it in a Toyota is beyond me, but anyway. So what happens, I assume I still have a fine to pay, what about demerit points, how does that work?
  4. REDMKVGTI

Service/oil change cost? (Aus)

Booked my car in for a 7500k oil change and was quoted $240 which to me seems mighty steep (includes oil, filter and labor). What sort of money are other people paying/being quoted at their dealers?