GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by OZVWConvert

1. OZVWConvert

Porsche Big Brake Kit Install

Had some new bits installed by TCCA yesterday and I thought I would give you a sneak peak... What's in the box? When I get more time I will post more pics. Big thanks to Ian @ Rennenhaus for supplying all the parts. Cheers Stu
  2. OZVWConvert

HPFP Cam Follower Information

Hey guys, I recently had the APR High Pressure Fuel Pump installed, and along with that I had the Cam Follower for the HPFP replaced and I wanted to share with you guys some snaps and some info relating to this important hunk of metal. In researching the new HPFP I found that a lot of the guys...
  3. OZVWConvert

My New Wheels - finally!

Hey guys, Thanks to Milan at TCCA for supplying the Wheels and Tyres and throwing them on this morning when he was fully booked. :thumbsup: Wheels: S4 Avus 18x8 ET45 Tyres: Contintental SC3 225/40 I initially got the wheels to accomodate a MTM big brake kit that Milan was selling for one of...
  4. OZVWConvert

Renault Convertable

Hey guys, As you know, I am currently in France on holidays. While on a visit to a town called Beaune, I came across this little gem. Never seen one like it before, and I don't think I will again... Any ideas on what model it is??? It is a little hard to see in these pics, but it doesn't...
  5. OZVWConvert

Bilstein PSS10 and Neuspeed End Sway Bar Link Pics

Hey guys, Well I thought it was about time I posted some pics of my ride after my recently purchased Bilstein PSS10's and Neuspeed Rear Sway Bar End Links were installed. All parts were supplied by Ian@Rennenhaus (of course) and installed by Milan at TCCA just prior to the Oran Park VAG MS...
  6. OZVWConvert

Brake Fluid question

Does anyone know how much brake fluid is required for the GTI? I need to change mine (along with pads) and I wanted to order the right amount as it comes in 500ml bottles. Cheers
  7. OZVWConvert

Driveshaft Issue

Had an issue this morning on my way to Newcastle which started out pretty minor and was pretty nasty by the time I finally made it. It started out as a noise similar to a wheel bearing that needed replacing, a bit like wush wush wush, and proceded to turn into a nasty grinding sound. The stange...
  8. OZVWConvert

Defi Gauge and OSIR pod installed

Now I know this is not new, but at least now I have it all hooked up. Not sure if I am getting the right readings, but it looks impressive non-the-less! While the GTI is idling the gauge sits at around 20inHg, and under WOT it seems to spike up to 24psi which leads me to think that it isn't...
  9. OZVWConvert

My Summer Heat Beating Toy

I would like to start by thanking Ian at Rennenhaus for supplying me with the awesome Forge Twincooler. I have had it a while now and only just got around to installing it. The install was a lot easier than I thought. Once the bumper comes off (all in 1 piece) it just bolts on. You connect the...
  10. OZVWConvert

My Summer Heat Beating Toy

Well I now have my solution to beat the summer heat, the Forge Twincooler. Thanks to Ian at Rennenhaus for supplying me with this fabulous device. Full write-up is here http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33212
  11. OZVWConvert

Wakefield Park track day 8th September

Hey guys, AUTOsports are organising another track day at Wakefield Park on Saturday the 8th of September. Check out the website for more details: http://www.autosports.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=1498 I am heading down and have already registered. There are only 50 spots in total 19 are left...
  12. OZVWConvert

Late notice but... (Sydney/NSW members)

I am heading on a cruise down south with a bunch of XR5s (and others)and was wondering if anyone was interested in coming along? I know it is with the competition but it should be a good day and an excuse for a good drive. I know these guys from fordxr5turbo.com as I nearly bought an XR5 but...
  13. OZVWConvert

Anyone know where the sensor is for the Temp Guage in the dash?

Hey guys, Does anyone know where the sensor is for the temp guage in the dash? My GTI has decided that it is damn cold outside and Sydney is experiencing a serious cold snap! :bs: This has happened since I got the sway bars installed so I am thinking it may be at the front of the car...
  14. OZVWConvert

EOI: Eibach Anti Roll Kit Group Buy

Hey guys, Just seeing who would be keen to go in for a group buy of the Eibach Anti Roll Kit: http://www.eibach.com.au/anti_roll_kit.html Specs Front: 26mm Rear: 23mm RRP: US$569 I will be getting this myself pretty soon anyway, but I wanted to see who may also be interested in a set to see...
  15. OZVWConvert

APR Goodies

Well it is less than 9 hours till I get to see Derek and get my new Turbo Back Exhaust and APR stage 2+ installed tomorrow!!! I didn't get to go to VW and get the latest update, but I did get an update the last service I had so I am crossing fingers that everything is all good. I hope I get to...